View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS: ARROWVERSE DELUXE EDITION OHC
    written by MARC GUGGENHEIM and MARV WOLFMAN
    art by TOM DERENICK, GEORGE PÉREZ, and others
    cover by JERRY ORDWAY
    “Crisis on Infinite Earths” leaps from The CW’s “Arrowverse” to this new collection starring fan-favorite character Felicity Smoak in a brand-new, Multiverse-spanning epic as she tries to locate the keys to the Anti-Monitor’s plan! Plus, Lex Luthor teams up with a council of Luthors, but can they all play nicely to save the Multiverse? Collects stories from Crisis on Infinite Earths Giant #1-2 and a Monitor’s worth of behind-the-scenes extras!
    ON SALE 05.06.20
    $17.99 US | 7.0625” x 10.875”
    96 PAGES

JOKER: THE DELUXE EDITION OHC
    written by BRIAN AZZARELLO
    art and new cover by LEE BERMEJO
    The award-winning creative team behind Batman: Damned, Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo, present one of the most chilling Joker stories ever told, now in a Deluxe edition.
    The Joker has been mysteriously released from Arkham Asylum, and he’s not happy about what’s been happening in his city while he’s been away. What follows is a harrowing night of revenge, murder, and manic crime as only The Joker can deliver. He will take everything that is owed to him from the likes of the Penguin, the Riddler, Two-Face, Killer Croc, and of course, Batman...This Deluxe edition includes a section of previously unpublished developmental art by Bermejo.
    ON SALE 05.06.20
    $34.99 US | 7.0625” x 10.875”
    152 PAGES
    FC | DC BLACK LABEL

THE SANDMAN BOX SET EXPANDED EDITION
    written by NEIL GAIMAN
    art by various
    cover by DAVE McKEAN
    The Sandman stands as one of the most beloved comic book series of all time, and now Neil Gaiman’s masterpiece is collected in a newly expanded 14-volume box set! This collection includes trade paperback editions of The Sandman volumes 1-10, collecting the original 75 issues of the seminal series and more, along with the prequel The Sandman: Overture, illustrated by J.H. Williams III; The Sandman: Dream Hunters (both the prose story illustrated by Yoshitaka Amano and the comics adaptation illustrated by P. Craig Russell); and The Sandman: Endless Nights, featuring seven short stories starring the Endless.
    ON SALE 09.23.20
    $250.00 US | 14 VOLUMES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-9470-0
    DC BLACK LABEL | AGES 17+

WONDER WOMAN #750: THE DELUXE EDITION OHC
    written by VITA AYALA, MARGUERITE BENNETT, KAMI GARCIA, DEAN HALE, JEFF LOVENESS, STEVE ORLANDO, GREG RUCKA, SCOTT SNYDER, GAIL SIMONE, MARIKO TAMAKI, and others
    art by ELENA CASAGRANDE, COLLEEN DORAN, JESUS MERINO, BRYAN HITCH and others
    cover by JOËLLE JONES
    The landmark 750th issue of Wonder Woman is collected in a new Deluxe Edition hardcover! Longtime favorites and acclaimed new voices unite to give Diana, Princess of Themyscira, the anniversary volume she deserves. In the lead story, Wonder Woman’s epic “Year of the Villain” battle comes to a close, leading the way to new challenges ahead. Plus, this gem tells tales from Diana’s past, present, and future by some of the greatest storytellers in the business—including Colleen Doran, Mariko Tamaki, and Kami Garcia, and legendary creators returning to the character, such as Gail Simone and Greg Rucka! Includes variant covers and more!
    ON SALE 05.27.20
    $17.99 US | 7.0625” x 10.875” | 172 PAGES

Second month in a row with no Omnibuses solicited from DC.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Guess DC dont see the point with omnibus solicits anymore. Thry just cancel them later anyway.

Useless company.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Second month in a row with no Omnibuses solicited from DC.
    Second month in a row I have nothing to add to my "Buy" list. Thanks for the updates, Raffi.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Petrus7 View Post
    I burn on that DC approach. DC started two Batman TPB lines, the Caped Crusader and Dark Detective, at the moment the best way to collect all the issues leading to the Knightfall, ALMOST.

It was solicited that the Caped Crusader vol. 1 should contain BATMAN #417-430 and BATMAN ANNUAL #12. After the purchase it turned out DC omitted issues BATMAN #426-429 - Death in the family. Unpleasant surprise to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    The "Death In The Family" TPB contains Batman #426-429 and #440-442 plus The New Titans #60-61, so why release exactly the same content again in the Caped Crusader Series?

There's already enough doubling between Caped Crusader/Dark Detective TPBs and Legends Of The Dark Knight/Tales Of The Batman HCs.

Let's just hope these will be released long enough to completely cover the gap between COIE and Knightfall.
    Maximum Carnage TPB is available so why Marvel released Spiderman Maximum Carnage Epic Collection? Why bother with X-men Milestones since the Epic line is available?

Because of the target audience. Death in the Family is a selection, which a casual reader can buy. The Caped Crusader and Dark Detective lines are more likely targeted to collectors who want to collect all the issues of Batman and Detective Comics in a chronological order and uniformed form. It is now obvious why custom binds are so popular.

There is not enough professionally prepared collections by DC Comics in terms of the post-crisis Batman. Legends Of The Dark Knight/Tales Of The Batman HCs are creator/artist centric and therefore incomplete, there are lots of missing/omitted issues (Gene Colan vol. 2 is the best example of it).

The Cape Crusader and Dark Detective had a potential to clean the messy doubling and yet again DC failed in that matter.

We can hope that a multi-billion worth publisher will publish the titles in full/with omitted issues and fill the gap between COIE and Knightfall or ...they will just cancel it on a whim.

As a long time DC fan I want them to succeed, but at the moment Marvel's offer is more attractive and structured.

DC's Oversized Collected Editions Sales for December 2019:

21. Watchmen Companion OHC - 1,374
    40. Man and Superman by Wolfman & Castellini Deluxe Edition OHC - 1,027
    48. Justice League by Scott Snyder Book 1 Deluxe Edition OHC - 950
    56. Animal Man by Jeff Lemire Omnibus - 875
    74. Y: The Last Man Omnibus - 785
    75. House of Secrets: The Bronze Age Vol. 2 Omnibus - 778
    97. Promethea 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition Book 2 OHC - 630
    130. The Flash by Geoff Johns Vol. 1 Omnibus - 504
    141. Green Lantern: Rebirth Deluxe Edition OHC - 461
    261. Superman: The Golden Age Vol. 1 Omnibus (2nd Edition) - 261
    319. Final Crisis Omnibus (2nd Printing) - 213

Spectacular Member

DC's Oversized Collected Editions Sales for December 2019:

130. The Flash by Geoff Johns Vol. 1 Omnibus - 504
    Add to the next "orphaned omnibus line" list

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurCurry View Post
    Add to the next "orphaned omnibus line" list
    You could be right, though we should wait to see if it shifts a reasonable amount in January. Also, it has Geoff Johns attached to the title so DC may see these Omnibuses through to the end. Let's hope so.

Incredible Member

The more time that goes by, the more I appreciate Absolute: Batman Incorporated. It's one of my favorite books.
    Burnham's art, the colors, more blisteringly cool Morrison concepts and dialogue.

I still have nitpicks, and I find the tone somewhat awkward as a continuation of what came before, but it's easily one of my favorite books. It's always fun to read.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    The more time that goes by, the more I appreciate Absolute: Batman Incorporated. It's one of my favorite books.
    Burnham's art, the colors, more blisteringly cool Morrison concepts and dialogue.

I still have nitpicks, and I find the tone somewhat awkward as a continuation of what came before, but it's easily one of my favorite books. It's always fun to read.
    I'm very excited about the omnibus in August. I didn't pick up the Absolute w/the new Burnham pages, so it'll be quite a treat to get to read them for the first time.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

You could be right, though we should wait to see if it shifts a reasonable amount in January. Also, it has Geoff Johns attached to the title so DC may see these Omnibuses through to the end. Let's hope so.
    Maybe the issue is that this run has been collected in:

1. Regular TPB series
    2. A 3 volume omnibus set
    3. A 6 volume fat TPB series

So a new differently mapped omnibus line may not have a high demand.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Maybe the issue is that this run has been collected in:

1. Regular TPB series
    2. A 3 volume omnibus set
    3. A 6 volume fat TPB series

So a new differently mapped omnibus line may not have a high demand.
    I love the run, I just feel with those numbers on vol 1 and a lot of odd politics at DC with Geoff Johns it's an easy out to cancel the rest.

But yes, I think the fat tpbs are actually the best way to collect/read this run since you also have Waid's and Morrison/Millar's run in similar styled fat tpbs.