View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    NML was originally released in 5x TPBs then in 2011 DC released larger collections which contain (IIRC) everything except one Nightwing issue and the Harley Quinn one-shot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman...ected_editions
    Thank you for your reply. So annoying, though. I now have to mix and match the older and newer trades to get the full story.. ugh.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Thank you for your reply. So annoying, though. I now have to mix and match the older and newer trades to get the full story.. ugh.
    No problem at all

If you prefer to wait DC are releasing a Road to No Man's Land omnibus in October which will be the Cataclysm/Aftershock/Road to NML stuff so hopefully the main NML series will get an omnibus next

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN200540

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    No problem at all

If you prefer to wait DC are releasing a Road to No Man's Land omnibus in October which will be the Cataclysm/Aftershock/Road to NML stuff so hopefully the main NML series will get an omnibus next

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I went from disappointed to happy that DC is collecting Byrne's Man of Steel run in non-Omni hardcovers.

Because, in Omnibus, they won't include Legends. And I absolutely think the 6 measly Legends issues around the key awesome Superman tie-ins should be collected with Byrne's Superman run. So with comic binding, I can make that happen. I have the original Man of Steel volumes, but they aren't so good for comic binding at all (don't include all covers, covers on the last story pages, etc).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-25-2020 at 07:55 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Just to follow up on Promethea vol.3; ToW now has it listed as "shipping date to be determined", so I guess it got pushed back.
    It was resolicited in last week's solicits. The new release date is 22 December 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    When you return from the alternate reality in which DC doesn't cancel everything Starman-related, let us know what other interesting books DC put out there.
    It has been a while DC cancelled anything outright. There have been a few books rescheduled, but the last time there was anything cancelled, was last year. Maybe there's a good chance that we'll see this?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Someone just posted this on the MMW board:

Starman Compendium One

Starman Compendium One collects: Starman #0-42, Starman 80-Page Giant #1, Starman Annual #1, Starman Annual #2, Starman Secret Files #1, Showcase '95 #12, Showcase '96 #4, Showcase '96 #5, The Power of Shazam! #35, The Power of Shazam! #36, and The Shade #1-4

http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779509413

Definitely going to pick this one up!
    Lost me at PAPERBACK
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Lost me at PAPERBACK
    Have any of these giant compendiums been released yet? I noticed solicits for Fables and Y The Last Man, too, and I’m sure there are others. I myself haven’t seen one in person, and I keep picturing a phone book.

Long having missed out on the Starman omnis I’m willing to pick this up, but I’m just wondering about readability.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Have any of these giant compendiums been released yet? I noticed solicits for Fables and Y The Last Man, too, and I’m sure there are others. I myself haven’t seen one in person, and I keep picturing a phone book.

Long having missed out on the Starman omnis I’m willing to pick this up, but I’m just wondering about readability.
    There have been two released so far: Ex Machina Vol 1 collecting 27 issues, and DMZ Vol 1 collecting 36 issues. I've flicked through them in a shop, and they seem manageable.

Fantastic Member

Should I get Green Lantern/Green Arrow: Space Traveler by O'Neill & Mike Grell TPB? Is it worth 40 bucks? Recommendations are welcomed!

No problem at all

Ah cool, thanks! It remains DC though, not sure if there ever will be a NML omni haha
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    Should I get Green Lantern/Green Arrow: Space Traveler by O'Neill & Mike Grell TPB? Is it worth 40 bucks? Recommendations are welcomed!
    Just for clarity, that is a hard cover.

It is a collection of mid-1970s GL/GA adventures, following on the heels of Hard Travelling Heroes(the more highly regarded series that are the "classic" GL/GA adventures).

It is clearly a product of its time but good Grell art was a sell for me.

For someone who is sick to the back teeth of Batman is it worth me cracking open my injustice gods among us omnibus, or is it completely Bat-centric?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    For someone who is sick to the back teeth of Batman is it worth me cracking open my injustice gods among us omnibus, or is it completely Bat-centric?
    I read a bit of it and was really enjoying it. Will definitely go back to it once I’m done moving. If anything, it’s more superman-centric so you should be fine.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

BATMAN: THE RISE AND FALL OF THE BATMEN OMNIBUS
    written by JAMES TYNION IV, MARGUERITE BENNETT, STEVE ORLANDO, TOM KING, TIM SEELEY, and CHRISTOPHER SEBELA
    art by EDDY BARROWS, ALVÁRO MARTÍNEZ, JAVIER FERNÁNDEZ, MARCIO TAKARA, CHRISTIAN DUCE, RILEY ROSSMO, ANDY MacDONALD, BEN OLIVER, CARMEN CARNERO, JOE BENNETT, MIGUEL MENDONÇA, JESÚS MERINO, PHILIPPE BRIONES, SCOT EATON, ROGE ANTONIO, and others
    cover by EDDY BARROWS
    ON SALE 12/22/20
    $150.00 US | 1,280 PAGES | 7.0625" x 10.875"
    FC | DC | ISBN: 978-1-77590-665-8
    Batman may be a loner, but he can't always do it alone. In this oversize hardcover collection, current Batman writer James Tynion IV is joined by an all-star team of artists as someone targets Batman's allies in Gotham City—young, untested heroes who model themselves after the Dark Knight but don't have his training or resources. With the help of Batwoman, the Caped Crusader recruits these young vigilantes, training them to be a team worthy of Gotham's biggest threats.
    Red Robin, Spoiler, Orphan, and Clayface are the first heroes to get recruited. But can a team inspired by Batman and trained by Batwoman take on an entire anti-vigilante army? Or will Batman's vision of a team of Bat-heroes go down in flames? And as Cassandra Cain and Azrael join, can this team withstand the threat of the Order of St. Dumas? Or will inner conflict doom this alliance?
    Collects Detective Comics #934-981 and pages from issue #1000, Detective Comics Annual #1, Batman #7-8, and Nightwing #5-6.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

BATMAN: THREE JOKERS OHC
    written by GEOFF JOHNS
    art and new cover by JASON FABOK
    ON SALE 11/10/20
    $29.99 US | 160 PAGES | FC
    8.5" x 10.875"
    DC BLACK LABEL | AGES 17+
    ISBN: 978-1-77950-023-6
    Thirty years after Batman: The Killing Joke changed comics forever, Batman: Three Jokers
    reexamines the myth of who, or what, is the Joker and what is at the heart of his ongoing battle with Batman? New York Times bestselling writer Geoff Johns and artist Jason Fabok, the team that waged the "Darkseid War" in the pages of Justice League, reunite to tell the ultimate story of Batman and The Joker!
    In this highly anticipated epic, learn why there are three Jokers, and what that means for the decades-long battle between the Dark Knight and the Clown Prince of Crime. In this powerful, emotional story, Batman, Batgirl, and Red Hood—all past victims of The Joker—work together to solve a mystery unlike anything they've ever faced before!