View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1439 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 439939133913891429143514361437143814391440144114421443 ... LastLast
Results 21,571 to 21,585 of 21672
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    That's what I'm hoping, too - I'm maybe stupidly noting that the upcoming Kyle Rayner one is exactly the first two TPBs they made. It seems so much easier to use the previous mapping from the last tpb run, at least as far as that goes.

If these are successful, I'll double dip the shit out of the Cassandra Cain Batgirl tpbs if we can get that full run in 2 compendiums! Would also be up for Connor Hawke Green Arrow (or even start a little earlier to start right after the Grell omnis), Levitz LoSH, post-ZH LoSH, and post-Reign of Superman Triangle Era in this format whenever DC wants to give them to us.
    Totally agree here! I hope they finish off Robin, Nightwing, Cassandra Cain Batgirl and Kyle Rayner Green Lantern this time! And totally agree that a Connor Hawke collection should include "Green Arrow: Crossroads" otherwise it will likely be orphaned forever!

Incredible Member

Anyone know if DC has any plans to start putting out their omnibuses digitally like Marvel? I've never gotten into collecting physical omnibus editions because they take up a lot of space and are not comfortable to read.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Totally agree here! I hope they finish off Robin, Nightwing, Cassandra Cain Batgirl and Kyle Rayner Green Lantern this time!
    Yes, I hope these Compendiums will not stop at reprinting the most recent paperbacks, but will continue to bring us all the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    And totally agree that a Connor Hawke collection should include "Green Arrow: Crossroads" otherwise it will likely be orphaned forever!
    I don't think this will happen, and TBH I think it wouldn't make much sense. Not only is "Crossroads" a completely separate storyline by a different author, it also has absolutely nothing to do with Connor Hawke (who first appeared in GA #0/91), and in addition issues #90 on the one hand and #0/91 on the other hand are separated by the Zero Hour event, making #0/91 the perfect entry point for such a paperback (in contrast to mixing pre and post Zero Hour issues).

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Anyone know if DC has any plans to start putting out their omnibuses digitally like Marvel? I've never gotten into collecting physical omnibus editions because they take up a lot of space and are not comfortable to read.
    I wish they would. It would get me to buy some more GA omnibuses. Some of them just aren't worth the investment and space, but I would read them cheaply and digitally. Even things like the Justice League of America that I passed on would get purchased. It might make the lines profitable enough to continue.

Books of Magic I would for sure get as I just think the page count was a crime against comfortable reading.

Incredible Member

For those unaware, the Hitman by Ennis Omnibus volume 1 is on Amazon Canada for what must be a glitched price of 53.99! Get it while you can, lol

It also appears we’re getting another Justice League Dark: Rebirth Omnibus as well!

Just bought Milestone Compendium volume 1 on Amazon. Do we know what content should volume 3 have?

Amazing Member

Is the GLC omni by Tomasi worth getting if I have all 3 GL omnis by Geoff Johns? I know there is some double dipping, but how is the series in general? Thank you

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demoslider View Post
    Is the GLC omni by Tomasi worth getting if I have all 3 GL omnis by Geoff Johns? I know there is some double dipping, but how is the series in general? Thank you
    Better than the Johns run imo, definitely worth a read.

I don’t think it’s better than the Johns series, but it’s very good. Those were high water days for GL fans.

Incredible Member

Organic Priced Books overview of the upcoming The Batman Adventures omnibus

Mighty Member

Looks great! WHEN will we see a color TPB of the TRial of Barry Allen?

I just got Wonder Woman by Azarello and Chiang Omnibus and the two Batman by Snyder and Capullo Omnibuses in the mail yesterday. I am trying to remember the last DC Omnibus (or collected edition period) that I purchased and I think it may have been Grayson The Superspy Omnibus which came out in 2017.

The Hitman Omnibus will likely be a purchase, but I haven't been excited for much from DC for a long time.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

JLI Omnibus vol 3 coming next year. 4 years after vol 2. I didn't think we'd ever get a 3rd volume. I suspect it will wrap up JLI through Breakdowns and be mainly JLE issues.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1779525648...&ref_=_sed_dp.

Big excited for Peter David Aquaman getting a release. Peter David's Young Justice is also getting an omnibus treatment later this year. Both are long overdue.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1779526032...1&ref_=_sed_dp

I'm excited for Hitman omni and the Messner-Loeb's Flash omni. I had hope Kyle Rayner would be getting the omnibus treatment. But a compendium is nice, I guess. I just hope they use the paper that won't turn yellow after a year.

There are some other titles I'm surprised haven't been given the collected treatment. Ostrander's Suicide Squad run, Bronze Age Flash omni, re-release of Robinson's StarMan omni etc.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 09-10-2023 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    JLI Omnibus vol 3 coming next year. 4 years after vol 2. I didn't think we'd ever get a 3rd volume. I suspect it will wrap up JLI through Breakdowns and be mainly JLE issues.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1779525648...&ref_=_sed_dp.

Big excited for Peter David Aquaman getting a release. Peter David's Young Justice is also getting an omnibus treatment later this year. Both are long overdue.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1779526032...1&ref_=_sed_dp

I'm excited for Hitman omni and the Messner-Loeb's Flash omni. I had hope Kyle Rayner would be getting the omnibus treatment. But a compendium is nice, I guess. I just hope they use the paper that won't turn yellow after a year.

There are some other titles I'm surprised haven't been given the collected treatment. Ostrander's Suicide Squad run, Bronze Age Flash omni, re-release of Robinson's StarMan omni etc.
    They just collected all of Robinson’s Starman in two compendiums.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

There are some other titles I'm surprised haven't been given the collected treatment. Ostrander's Suicide Squad run
    Ostrander's Suicide Squad has also been released in TPB

1 Trial by Fire Suicide Squad #1–8 & Secret Origins #14
    2 The Nightshade Odyssey Suicide Squad #9–16, Justice League International #13, Doom Patrol/Suicide Squad Special #1
    3 Rogues Suicide Squad #17–25, Annual #1
    4 The Janus Directive Suicide Squad #26–30, Checkmate! #15–18, Manhunter #14, Firestorm #86, Captain Atom #30
    5 Apokolips Now Suicide Squad #31–39
    6 The Phoenix Gambit Suicide Squad #40–49
    7 The Dragon's Hoard Suicide Squad #50–58
    8 The Final Mission Suicide Squad #59–66

Plus
    Deadshot: Beginnings - Deadshot #1–4, Detective Comics #474, 518

As was his later return to the series:

Suicide Squad: From the Ashes - Suicide Squad: Raise the Flag #1–8