View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1395 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3958951295134513851391139213931394139513961397139813991405 ... LastLast
Results 20,911 to 20,925 of 21667
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Been waiting on that 100 Bullets volume 2

Wasn't this solicited like 5 years ago? Whew, time flies!

(make me number 4)
    I’m excited for Doom Patrol also. I never finished reading this series after Morrison.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Wasn't this solicited like 5 years ago? Whew, time flies!

(make me number 4)
    Yeah, probably somewhere around that. It got an early solicit, and there were even new interviews with Pollack popping up on various sites about it - then bam! Canceled a matter of weeks before release.

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    I’m excited for Doom Patrol also. I never finished reading this series after Morrison.
    Although it never quite reaches the bar set by Morrison, I always felt it was much in the same vein (at least the first couple of arcs).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Amazing Member

Does anyone think we'll see an omnibus for The Dreaming, the original series? Seems like with Sandman coming out, this might be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by PossumGrease View Post
    Does anyone think we'll see an omnibus for The Dreaming, the original series? Seems like with Sandman coming out, this might be a possibility.
    That would certainly be a good fit for the "Sandman Universe Classics" label they've collected Lucifer and Books of Magic under.

Unfortunately DC would try to cram all 60 issues into one mammoth volume...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by PossumGrease View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    That would certainly be a good fit for the "Sandman Universe Classics" labeled they've collected Lucifer and Books of Magic under.

Unfortunately DC would try to cram all 60 issues into one mammoth volume...
    And I'll still buy it!

I'm hoping for that, and a third Books of Magic collecting the remaining spin offs: Names of Magic, Age of Magic, and Life During Wartime. Would be about 45 issues for that I think, plus any other related issues

A guy can hope.

Spectacular Member

And I'll still buy it!

I'm hoping for that, and a third Books of Magic collecting the remaining spin offs: Names of Magic, Age of Magic, and Life During Wartime. Would be about 45 issues for that I think, plus any other related issues

A guy can hope.
    A third Books of Magic collecting omni collecting those series is the current plan, at least. The dust jackets for volumes 1 and 2 both state that there is going to be 3 volumes in total. So the general consensus is that they've mapped out a third omnibus. Of course, sales of Volume 2 will ultimately determine whether the 3rd one actually gets published. Here's hoping!

For me, the real prize would be a Sandman Mystery Theatre omnibus set, though I wouldn't mind a Dreaming one either.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    A third Books of Magic collecting omni collecting those series is the current plan, at least. The dust jackets for volumes 1 and 2 both state that there is going to be 3 volumes in total. So the general consensus is that they've mapped out a third omnibus. Of course, sales of Volume 2 will ultimately determine whether the 3rd one actually gets published. Here's hoping!

For me, the real prize would be a Sandman Mystery Theatre omnibus set, though I wouldn't mind a Dreaming one either.
    Having only ever read any of the sandman universe in omnibus form, I’m all for more omnibus. Is the current release order the way it’s also supposed to be read? The Sandman > Lucifer > Books of Magic > ??

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Having only ever read any of the sandman universe in omnibus form, I’m all for more omnibus. Is the current release order the way it’s also supposed to be read? The Sandman > Lucifer > Books of Magic > ??
    Eh, not really. There isn't a set reading order, as many of these titles overlap. If you're trying to read it in roughly chronological order, it'd go The Sandman -> Books of Magic -> Lucifer.

The Sandman ran from 89-96. The original Books of Magic miniseries by Gaiman came out in 1990. The 75 issue followup series ran from 94-00 (this makes up the bulk of the first two omnis.) The other series mentioned for the third omnibus came out 01-05ish. Lucifer ran from 00-06.

The Dreaming, which was a more direct continuation of The Sandman's characters, ran from 96-01; Sandman Mystery Theatre from 93-99. There are no known plans to publish omnis of these two series, however. If they did, that would pretty much cover the whole of "Classic Sandman" within the larger DC/Vertigo universe.

Then you have all the rest of the DC/Vertigo titles that would occasionally cross over with all these titles, such as Swamp Thing and Hellblazer.

And finally you have the recent Sandman Universe titles, which to date have only had single issues and trades.
    Last edited by fillmont; 01-31-2022 at 05:43 PM.

I'd like SMT too - especially since the chunk trades were abandoned years ago

Incredible Member

Eh, not really. There isn't a set reading order, as many of these titles overlap. If you're trying to read it in roughly chronological order, it'd go The Sandman -> Books of Magic -> Lucifer.

The Sandman ran from 89-96. The original Books of Magic miniseries by Gaiman came out in 1990. The 75 issue followup series ran from 94-00 (this makes up the bulk of the first two omnis.) The other series mentioned for the third omnibus came out 01-05ish. Lucifer ran from 00-06.

The Dreaming, which was a more direct continuation of The Sandman's characters, ran from 96-01; Sandman Mystery Theatre from 93-99. There are no known plans to publish omnis of these two series, however. If they did, that would pretty much cover the whole of "Classic Sandman" within the larger DC/Vertigo universe.

Then you have all the rest of the DC/Vertigo titles that would occasionally cross over with all these titles, such as Swamp Thing and Hellblazer.

And finally you have the recent Sandman Universe titles, which to date have only had single issues and trades.
    Thank you very much kind sir! I appreciate the thoroughness of the answer lol

Incredible Member

Omar overview of the Flash by Geoff Johns omnibus 3

Incredible Member

Omar overview of the Milestone Compendium One

All-New Member

Hi,
    I'm thinking of buying Books of Magic omnis. Can you recommend those considering that i liked Lucifer as much as the Sandman, but Gaiman's Books of Magic wasn't my cup of tea?

^ ^ ^

Gaiman's original mini was okay (the art is my favorite part), but the Rieber & Gross ongoing that followed was great! It never got as dark as Lucifer or Sandman did at times, but it's still very much in the spirit of classic Vertigo.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Incredible Member

With the controversy around Ellis, I assume Transmet won't be getting an omni anytime soon...?

Might as well scoop up the Trees series from Image too; probably no deluxe like Injection (which itself will likely never finish).