View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 59 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263691091595591059 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Then I'm convinced. Out of watching video's I already thought that Top Ten had the nicest covers so if it's also the absolute which shines the most in absolute size and it's the best story then I made up my mind. It's definitely going to be Top ten
    I'm going to chime in again and recommend New Frontier The art and colours are absolutely gorgeous. Here are a couple of pics I took some time ago:

DSC_1358.jpg

DSC_1356.jpg

I just wrapped up the Sleeper Omnibus and was very pleased with it. I went in thinking it would be good, not great based on reviews I'd read; but honestly this was my favorite of the Bru/Phillips books after Criminal.

I'D forgotten how amazing the whole Wildstorm universe became, and it was great having this gritty, noir story taking place underneath the crazy superhero stuff. Now I want Wildcats 3.0 in an omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss H View Post
    Attachment 4145Attachment 4146
    Here's a couple of pics of the new frank quietly graphic ink book. It seems to be all art work. It's £13.82 speedy hen.co.uk (they've added different address than billing to be posted to and PayPal)
    Attachment 4144
    Do you have the book? Is it just a straightforward art book? It looks like it actually collects his storylines based on those pictures. Mine won't be here until Monday, so thanks in advance.

3.0 is already collected, is incomplete and isnt even as good as vol. 2

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    3.0 is already collected, is incomplete and isnt even as good as vol. 2
    I think he was talking about more in an omnibus collection.
    Personally, I liked Vol. 2 better, also, but I thought the final arc of vol. 3 finally got collected in tpb. No?

Fantastic Member

Does anyone have the Doom Patrol Archives? Can I get some pics of the build and art? Im 50/50 on whether to get them and want someone to talk me into it (or out of it I suppose).

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I think he was talking about more in an omnibus collection.
    Personally, I liked Vol. 2 better, also, but I thought the final arc of vol. 3 finally got collected in tpb. No?
    I have been vouching for a Wildcats omnibus a lot lately. The Planetary and Sleeper omniboo are a good sign. I also want a Stormwatch/Authority omni very badly
    Last edited by victorxd1999; 06-22-2014 at 01:28 AM.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post

Do you have the book? Is it just a straightforward art book? It looks like it actually collects his storylines based on those pictures. Mine won't be here until Monday, so thanks in advance.
    Ya it came next day after posting, basically it's just particular stories reprinted complete art only no written/write ups still good, I'm glad I paid £13.82 and not £20, if you like his art you'll like this, but it's just reprints.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Anyone recommend the Wednesday comics hc? It's huge and it really appealed to me in my LCS thinking it was like $200 but it's only $50 retail so I thought it would look nice on the shelves. What's the opinion on it? Thanks
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Amazing Member

Anyone recommend the Wednesday comics hc? It's huge and it really appealed to me in my LCS thinking it was like $200 but it's only $50 retail so I thought it would look nice on the shelves. What's the opinion on it? Thanks
    My opinion is get it. There's a few clunky stories in it, but the good far outweighs the bad. It won't fit on your bookshelf, so display it using a plate stand.

It's a pretty solid book through and through. A lot of fun. Basically each creator or team were given the opportunity to do whatever they wanted with dc characters, on a unique page layout. Similar idea to Solo.

I just picked up a copy after flirting with it for a few months, and have no regrets.

DC had some awesome concept books in the 2000s; Wednesday Comics, Solo, 52, etc...

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Does anyone have the Doom Patrol Archives? Can I get some pics of the build and art? Im 50/50 on whether to get them and want someone to talk me into it (or out of it I suppose).
    I have all 5 volumes. They're well built, as nice as any other DC Archive. I'm not able to take/post pics right now, unfortunately. I found all of mine for well under cover price during various clearance sales online; if you're a Silver Age fan I say pick them up.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Thinking about buying Absolute Identity Crisis since IST has it for 65% off. I already have the original hardcover release and was wondering if anyone who has it can tell me if its worth double dipping, are there extras in the absolute that aren't in the original hardcover. Do we get the flash issues that crossed over or the JLA issues that served as a sequel? Thanks for any info.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I ordered Wednesday Comics HC from Speedyhen.co.uk for a meagre £16.82 delivered to my UK address. It came damaged, so I sent them an email with some pics. They offered me a 25% discount but I wrote back telling them that I prefer a replacement. They sent a courier to pick it up and once I sent them the pickup confirmation number, they immediately sent a replacement. Here’s a couple of cover pics my sister sent me. It looks pretty impressive. A friend of mine recently picked up a wad of my books from my sister’s place who was very graciously holding them for me, as he was planning to drive over from the UK to Poland. Hopefully I’ll meet up with him shortly and see what goodies he has for me. If someone else doesn’t beat me to the punch, which is very likely, I’ll post some interior pics

IMG-20140617-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20140617-WA0001.jpg

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    Thinking about buying Absolute Identity Crisis since IST has it for 65% off. I already have the original hardcover release and was wondering if anyone who has it can tell me if its worth double dipping, are there extras in the absolute that aren't in the original hardcover. Do we get the flash issues that crossed over or the JLA issues that served as a sequel? Thanks for any info.
    I believe it's identical to the regular HC (apart from the larger size, obviously). There was a bit of consternation when it first came out that DC hadn't bothered to add anything new for the Absolute.