View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 78 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182881281785781078 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 21662

So wich one would you recommend between final crisis, batman and robin, top 10 and all star superman considering that I have a french deluxe edition for all star superman(but sadly there's no bonus)?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prof436 View Post
    So wich one would you recommend between final crisis, batman and robin, top 10 and all star superman considering that I have a french deluxe edition for all star superman(but sadly there's no bonus)?
    Top Ten is the most awesome story plus the nicest Absolute so I say Absolute top Ten
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Default October HC Solicits

DC HCs

ARKHAM ORIGINS HC
    Written by ADAM BEECHEN, DOUG WAGNER and FRANK HANNAH
    Art by CHRISTIAN DUCE, VICENTE CIFUENTES, TOM DERENICK, VICTOR DRUJINIU and others Cover by BRYAN HITCH
    On sale DECEMBER 3 • 160 pg, FC, $22.99 US
    Based on the hit video game, this volume collects in print for the first time the ground-breaking, multi-path digital comic. This prequel story features an inexperienced Batman going up against crime bosses Black Mask and The Penguin for the first time!

BATGIRL VOL. 5: DEADLINE HC
    Written by GAIL SIMONE and MARGUERITE BENNETT
    Art by ROBERT GILL, FERNANDO PASARIN and JONATHAN GLAPION
    Cover by ALEX GARNER
    On sale DECEMBER 17 • 232 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    It’s a hazardous reunion between Batgirl and the former Court of Owls assassin Strix as they face off against the lethal new threat known as Silver – the man who knows the secret of Gotham City’s conspiracy of bats! Collects BATGIRL #27-34 and ANNUAL #2.

FUTURES END – FIVE YEARS LATER OMNIBUS HC
    Written by various
    Art by various
    Cover by TBD
    On sale DECEMBER 17 • 912 pg, FC, $99.99 US
    In September 2014, every DC Universe series revealed the shocking fates of heroes including Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern and many more. Written and illustrated by top talent including Dan Jurgens, Charles Soule, Brian Azzarello, Scott Snyder, Jeff Lemire and many more! This massive hardcover collects all of the September 2014 Futures End specials!

IDENTITY CRISIS: TENTH ANNIVERSARY EDITION HC
    Written by BRAD MELTZER
    Art by RAGS MORALES and MICHAEL BAIR
    Cover by MICHAEL TURNER
    On sale DECEMBER 17 • 288 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875” $29.99 US
    The stunning mystery from #1 New York Times bestselling author Brad Meltzer is back in a new hardcover! When the spouse of a JLA member is brutally murdered, the entire super hero community searches for the killer, fearing their own loved ones may be the next targets.

SUPERMAN – ACTION COMICS VOL. 5: WHAT LIES BENEATH HC
    Written by GREG PAK
    Art by AARON KUDER and others
    Cover by AARON KUDER
    On sale DECEMBER 31 • 160 pg, FC, $22.99 US
    In these stories from ACTION COMICS #25-29 and SECRET ORIGINS #1, the Man of Steel features a BATMAN: ZERO YEAR tie-in as a cocky young Superman battles the forces of nature to save Gotham City! Then, all hell breaks loose as Superman is caught between an alien menace and the super-powered soldier the U.S. Army has sent to kill it!

SUPERMAN UNCHAINED DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by SCOTT SNYDER
    Art by JIM LEE, SCOTT WILLIAMS and DUSTIN NGUYEN
    Cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    On sale DECEMBER 3 • 304 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875” $29.99 US
    The entire nine-issue UNCHAINED series by the superstar team of writer Scott Snyder and artist Jim Lee is collected in this amazing hardcover! When satellites start to fall from the sky, the big question is who stopped the last one from falling. Lex Luthor, Lois Lane, Batman, Wonder Woman, eco-terrorists, the U.S. Army and, most of all, the mysterious being known as Wraith all figure in this epic story from two of comics’ hottest talents!

SUPERMAN FOR ALL SEASONS DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by JEPH LOEB
    Art and cover by TIM SALE
    On sale DECEMBER 10 • 224 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $29.99 US
    The classic coming-of-age tale is back in a new Deluxe Edition hardcover as a simple country boy turns into the world’s greatest hero. Told through four seasons in the Man of Steel’s life, this amazing tale from the team behind BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN brings Superman to life in a truly unique style.

TALES OF THE BATMAN: LEN WEIN HC
    Written by LEN WEIN
    Art by various
    Cover by JOSE LUIS GARCIA-LOPEZ and DICK GIORDANO
    On sale DECEMBER 24 • 560 pg, FC, $49.99 US
    These tales from the 1970s, written by Len Wein, pit Batman against the villainy of The Joker, The Riddler, Catwoman, Mr. Freeze, Ra’s al Ghul and many others. Collected from BATMAN #307-310, #312-319, #321-324, #326-327, DETECTIVE COMICS #408, #444-448, #466, #478-479, #500 and #514 and UNTOLD LEGENDS OF THE BATMAN #1-3.

Vertigo HCs

DMZ DELUXE EDITION BOOK THREE HC
    Written by BRIAN WOOD • Art by RICARDO BURCHIELLI and others
    Cover by BRIAN WOOD • On sale DECEMBER 17 • 392 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $29.99 US MATURE READERS
    In these tales from DMZ #29-44, after a misadventure in Staten Island, Matty returns to find Parco Delgado in office as provisional governor of New York. Matty’s first task under the Delgado regime? Tracking down one of the DMZ’s greatest urban legends.

FABLES COVERS: THE COMPLETE COVERS BY JAMES JEAN HC NEW EDITION
    Written by JAMES JEAN • Art and cover by JAMES JEAN
    Afterword by BILL WILLINGHAM • On sale DECEMBER 10
    232 pg, FC, 9” x 11.9”, $49.99 US • MATURE READERS
    Vertigo’s spectacular collection of James Jean’s FABLES covers is back in print, now with even more covers! This oversized hardcover includes commentary from Jean and brand-new cover art.

PRIDE OF BAGHDAD DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by BRIAN K. VAUGHAN
    Art and cover by NIKO HENRICHON
    On sale DECEMBER 3 • 160 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $24.99 US • MATURE READERS
    The acclaimed original graphic novel written by Brian K. Vaughan is back in a new, deluxe edition featuring previously unpublished developmental art and more! In the spring of 2003, a pride of lions escaped from the Baghdad Zoo during an American bombing raid. Lost and confused, hungry but free, the four lions roamed the decimated streets of Baghdad in a desperate struggle for their lives.

Gallery Edition

FRANK MILLER’S RONIN GALLERY EDITION HC
    Written by FRANK MILLER
    Art and cover by FRANK MILLER
    Advance solicit • On sale DECEMBER • 328 pg, FC
    13” x 20” • $195.00 US
    Graphitti Designs proudly presents FRANK MILLER’S RONIN GALLERY EDITION, featuring the story and art by Frank Miller that forever changed the world of graphic storytelling. Miller’s evolutionary stepping-stone between Daredevil and BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS comes alive in this oversize format that it so richly deserves. This is the content that the Gallery Edition format was made for.
    Graphitti Designs’ Gallery Editions replicate the look, feel and attitude of the artwork. Every page is reproduced at original-size on heavy paper stock to provide fans and collectors with museum-quality reproductions that are obtainable nowhere else. FRANK MILLER’S RONIN features Miller’s art as you’ve never seen it before, scanned from the original art. This all-inclusive volume contains the covers, interior pages and gatefolds from RONIN #1-6, first published more than thirty years ago. The power and innovation of Miller’s artwork shine through for all to see in this actual-size presentation of this pivotal work. Brilliant.

Will definitely pick up those DMZ and Pride of Baghdad deluxes. And most likely to two Superman deluxe editions. Anyone knows how good these are?

Top 10 is a standalone story and less confusing then FC which is standalone too but if you want to read the Morrison Bat books it reads well as a part of those, just like Batman and Robin (in this order: Baman vs the black glove deluxe hc or tpb, RIP, FC, Batman and Robin and Return of BW, Incorporated and Time and the Batman somewhere after RIP and FC maybe. Also, Seven soldiers is a somewhat prequel to FC but not essential. But awesome.).
    I would say go for Top 10 but I love FC and the whole Morrison run too.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Will definitely pick up those DMZ and Pride of Baghdad deluxes. And most likely to two Superman deluxe editions. Anyone knows how good these are?
    Pride of Baghdad is already out in Deluxe if you can't wait, its fantastic. I've seen it really cheap for a long time. Superman For All Seasons is one of the best Superman stories, plus it has that Sale art. Had that pre-ordered since it showed up on Amazon. Reviews of Unchained have been pretty unkind from what I have read, I'd be interested to know if its any good.

DC seems to be really pumping out the oversized HCs which is great.

I'm curious about the Future's End. How were the stories?

Geez I can't wait until they announce the release for the Dark Knight Returns gallery edition.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm curious about the Future's End. How were the stories?
    We'll find out in September!

Purchased Absolute All Star Batman and Robin from Books_Any today!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    For All Seasons is one of the best Superman stories ever. Unchained has pretty mixed reviews. I know our fellow forum member Diamond finds it not too good (it seems Lee isn't at his best here) but I've seen a lot of good reviews as well as bad. Take these reviews for example
    http://comicbookroundup.com/comic-bo...rman-unchained
    Lots of 3's as well as 10's. So I guess some love it and some hate it. I'll pick it up since oversized Lee art is a big draw for me, no matter how bad people say his art is here (I guess I'll see myself)
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Pride of Baghdad is already out in Deluxe if you can't wait, its fantastic. I've seen it really cheap for a long time. Superman For All Seasons is one of the best Superman stories, plus it has that Sale art. Had that pre-ordered since it showed up on Amazon. Reviews of Unchained have been pretty unkind from what I have read, I'd be interested to know if its any good.

Pride of Baghdad already got a deluxe release? I was only aware of the original HC which was standard trim (which I currently have) and the trade that followed it.

Incredible Member

Unchained will be in Deluxe format? Awesome. I'll be getting the three Superman books and DMZ.

I would go Top 10.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Pride of Baghdad already got a deluxe release? I was only aware of the original HC which was standard trim (which I currently have) and the trade that followed it.
    I too thought that there was only a regular hardcover available and no deluxe yet. I can wait till the end of the year though...

BANNED

Superman Unchained Deluxe edition is tempting, but surely Jim lee's art (let's not talk quality, but brand name) surely should justify an Absolute in 1-3 years?