View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622621125121012 ... LastLast

So I'm going to start working on the OOP books section, I will take any and all suggestions for oversized DC Hardcovers that are OOP.

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    Thanks for all your work NZ. I still can't get used to these new forums.

Anyway, for someone who wasn't a big fan of absolutes, just bought my third one: HUSH. Same price i paid for All-star supes and Watchmen: $35! If I keep winning at such low prices, I'm definitely not passing up these wonderful books.

A question. Do you guys sell your TPB after you get the absolute of a certain story? I don't know whether its worth it to keep them around if I'm always going to read the absolutes.
    What condition do you usually get them in? I'm a bit reluctant to order from ebay, but if I can save a quite a bit on a book I want it's tempting. What condition do you guys who order from ebay expect your comic books to show up in?

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    They could include those in a Green Lantern Omnibus v2 by Geoff Johns and Tomasi, if DC are thinking clearly.
    Unfortunately even that would not be thinking clearly, as it would be collecting Chapters 1,2,4,6,8,10,12 in the first omnibus, and then chapters 3,5,7,9,11,13 in the next one however many months/year later.

So I'm going to start working on the OOP books section, I will take any and all suggestions for oversized DC Hardcovers that are OOP.
    a few i can think of (some are not oversized):

starman omnibus v 1-3
    superman: red son deluxe edition
    jack kirby's fourth world omnibus v 1-4 (hardcovers)
    legends of the dark knight: jim aparo
    batman & robin deluxe edition v 1-2
    batwoman: elegy deluxe edition
    JLA deluxe edition v 1-2
    saga of the swampthing v 1, 3-6 (hardcovers)
    formerly 'weeks'

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Unfortunately even that would not be thinking clearly, as it would be collecting Chapters 1,2,4,6,8,10,12 in the first omnibus, and then chapters 3,5,7,9,11,13 in the next one however many months/year later.
    Oh I though the GLC stuff started before Sinestro Corp War, not at the start of the run. Guess it wouldn't work then.

This reading order seems to agree with me:

http://www.readingorders.com/ReadingOrder/GreenLantern

So they could be collecting it all then, guess we will never know unless someone asks DC.
    Last edited by NZ_InFerno; 05-06-2014 at 12:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Absolute Crisis on Infinite Earths
    Absolute Dark Knight
    Infinite Crisis Omnibus

I'm deliberating as to whether to purchase Justice League of America Omnibus Vol 1 and Absolute Final Crisis. I can purchase them for around £40 ($67) and £33 ($56), respectively incl. shipping. Could anyone share their thoughts as to the pricing and any pics (I know there were some pics in the previous incarnation of our thread). For example, how well does the JLA Omnibus read? What else, if anything, needs to be read alongside Final Crisis? Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    What else, if anything, needs to be read alongside Final Crisis? Thx.
    You need nothing else, everything is in the absolute (even the Batman issues after RIP) + even 7 new pages for the main event. I'm monitoring it's price for 3 month now and £33 is the cheapest I saw so far in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Oh right, now I remember - DC's solicitation for this is so nonsensical that I probably blocked this solicit from my mind. I assume it collects GLC: Recharge 1-5, not GLC 1-5, as the former were co-written by Johns. So you get those *completely* unrelated issues, but you don't get any of the *essential* GLC Sinestro Corps War issues or essential Tales of the Sinestro Corps (except for SP) because they weren't written by Johns. This makes this omnibus completely worthless.
    Yeah, the omni needs to end at GL 20 and omni 2 weave GLC (where relevant) through.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    You need nothing else, everything is in the absolute (even the Batman issues after RIP) + even 7 new pages for the main event. I'm monitoring it's price for 3 month now and £33 is the cheapest I saw so far in Europe.
    Thanks for the Final Crisis info. I'm wondering whether to bite or wait. I just spent a packet on 6 Marvel Omnibuses/OHCs, therefore my coffers have been rapidly diminished

Since someone asked about the Justice League of America Vol 1 Omnibus, and since my copy arrived today, here are some pic. All up I'm pretty please with it. The only disappointment is they have used that black embossed card for the cover under the dust jacket. Any blurry patches are due to my inability to figure out how to get my camera to focus properly.

Infinity and Infinity Companion sitting on top for comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Thanks for the Final Crisis info. I'm wondering whether to bite or wait. I just spent a packet on 6 Marvel Omnibuses/OHCs, therefore my coffers have been rapidly diminished
    I was tempted to buy it for the oversized format and the 7 extra pages, but I'm not so crazy about the 3D issues, so I just bought the hc (hope it will be in good shape when it arrives. It was really annoying trying to find the right edition, with the crossovers for a good price, since a lot of the online sellers are listing the 240 page version with the same isbn )