View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Yes, for some odd reason this was released by Amazon earlier than the direct market. They shipped it to me over a week ago.
    Okay, I didn't think I had missed it.

But that is strange, Amazon is usually a week or two behind the DM. Oh well, been looking forward to this one, guess I can wait a few more weeks (not like my read pile is empty or anything)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    Is the Johns series the on JL series during New 52? Any recs on other writers/runs? I saw the rebirth run by Hitch is collected in deluxe HC.
    For New 52, Johns did 1-40,0 of Justice League, I think he did other tie ins with that series as well. But other writers also worked on Justice League 3000, Justice League International, Justice League of America (which turned into Justice League United) and if you want to count it, Justice League of America’s Vibe.

I haven’t read all of those, but Lemire worked on JLA/United and really enjoyed that.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Wait, when does this come out? Amazon has it listed in stock and released on the 17th of Dec...but I don't remember InStockTrades having it, and CheapGraphicNovels has it listed for the 21st of Jan.
    I got mine on the 17th (had it preordered through Amazon)

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I am currently reading my Absolute Swamp Thing and given my so so repair of Absolute Final Crisis, I think this might be my last Absolute edition. There is no reason I should be re-gluing $100 dollar books. I don't even mind the re-coloring, that is kind of a bonus given I have read the material, but a defective binding is a big deal on a pricey format.

Surprise, surprise...

ABSOLUTE GOTHAM BY GASLIGHT Canceled

Yeah saw that they are a mess its just sad at this point they are such a mess who is in charge? Someone needs to step up and figure this out.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Lol......just placed my pre-order today.

Amazing Member

Really can't stand DC anymore.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    For New 52, Johns did 1-40,0 of Justice League
    Possibly an innocent slip of the finger on your part, but Johns wrote through to #50 of N52 Justice League (conclusion of Darkseid War).

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    Really can't stand DC anymore.
    I have stopped pre-ordering DC Omnibus and Absolutes since most of the stuff they solicit get canceled anyway, why bother.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Hey everyone, I need some help. I bought the first 4 Rebirth Batman & Tec Deluxe Editions. I'm trying to find the HC's I'm missing. The #'s seem to be off. What HC's are out right now that I need to get caught up after the first 4 volumes? Thanks
    Last edited by The Whovian; 01-03-2020 at 04:44 PM.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    I mean yeah it's really gimmicky, it certainly was when it was originally released too (if you're old enough to remember that). But once you get past that stuff and into the Reign of the Supermen issues, which I'd never read, I absolutely loved the rest of the book. I enjoyed that omni way more than I thought I would I highly recommend it.

It also helps that I bought some of the TPBs of issues between the two omnis, since it'll probably be forever until they release omnis conn citing the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    That’s good to know. I didn’t make it that far before so will give it another try. Also, not too familiar with the gap between exile and death/return. Just did some quick research and looks like I need to collect the following issues unless I’m mistaken: Action Comics 647-683, Action Comics Annual 3-4, Superman 38-73, Adventures of Superman 461-494, Superman: The Man of Steel 1-17. That comes out to 126 issues which is enormous. Man they need an omnibus collecting all this. No idea why Superman has such few omnis especially when compared to Batman. I can’t imagine that all this has been collected in trades. I’ll do further research on it. I’m right now in the process of collecting all nine Byrne trades. Have four of the nine but some go for a lot on the secondary market. Thanks for the info. Will look into this more.
    I got tired of waiting for solicits for the omnis to connect Exile to Death/Return, so I had that entire period custom bound (including Armageddon 2001, Eclipso: The Darkness Within, and the "Superman and the Justice League of America" era of the early 90's JLA) into 6 fat hardcovers. I had been sitting on this binding for almost 3 years before pulling the trigger, and originally was going to include the post-Byrne and Exile stuff, until they solicited the Exile omni. This most likely means solicits will now be imminent
    Last edited by Clark_Kent; 01-03-2020 at 05:52 PM.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I got tired of waiting for solicits for the omnis to connect Exile to Death/Return, so I had that entire period custom bound (including Armageddon 2001, Eclipso: The Darkness Within, and the "Superman and the Justice League of America" era of the early 90's JLA) into 6 fat hardcovers. I had been sitting on this binding for almost 3 years before pulling the trigger, and originally was going to include the post-Byrne and Exile stuff, until they solicited the Exile omni. This most likely means solicits will now be imminent
    Well that's the way to do it right! Bet those are great. I only read piecemeal stories in there from TPBs but they were all good, be waiting forever for DC to do it themselves. Especially now with the Byrne omni getting axed right away.

I mean yeah it's really gimmicky, it certainly was when it was originally released too (if you're old enough to remember that). But once you get past that stuff and into the Reign of the Supermen issues, which I'd never read, I absolutely loved the rest of the book. I enjoyed that omni way more than I thought I would I highly recommend it.

It also helps that I bought some of the TPBs of issues between the two omnis, since it'll probably be forever until they release omnis conn citing the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    That’s good to know. I didn’t make it that far before so will give it another try. Also, not too familiar with the gap between exile and death/return. Just did some quick research and looks like I need to collect the following issues unless I’m mistaken: Action Comics 647-683, Action Comics Annual 3-4, Superman 38-73, Adventures of Superman 461-494, Superman: The Man of Steel 1-17. That comes out to 126 issues which is enormous. Man they need an omnibus collecting all this. No idea why Superman has such few omnis especially when compared to Batman. I can’t imagine that all this has been collected in trades. I’ll do further research on it. I’m right now in the process of collecting all nine Byrne trades. Have four of the nine but some go for a lot on the secondary market. Thanks for the info. Will look into this more.
    Well that's the way to do it right! Bet those are great. I only read piecemeal stories in there from TPBs but they were all good, be waiting forever for DC to do it themselves. Especially now with the Byrne omni getting axed right away.
    The cool part of the binding, to me, was being able to insert things like Armageddon & Eclipso into the HC's, which is obviously something DC would never do if they chose to continue the omni line. But I wanted a "complete Post-Crisis Superman" set, and now I have every issue/appearance from Byrne's MoS through the end of Death/Return. Working on post-Death/Return next. I'd much rather have these stories on nicer paper in an official collection, but beggars can't be choosers.

Fingers crossed they come back to these someday, I'd still buy them in a heartbeat!
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Spectacular Member

I went ahead and started collecting the MOS trades upon finding out the Omni was cancelled. Only need vol 4 and 8 now but those are hard to come by. Would be nice if they released more Superman omnis. Also I don’t get the point of announcing stuff only to cancel it. Are they gauging the enthusiasm for the release and if they don’t like it they get scared? Not sure how to explain this behavior by DC. I mean just give everyone what they want. We basically have our wallets out already. What is so complicated about this?