View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 801 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3017017517917977987998008018028038048058118519011301 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,015 of 21674
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I bought Absolute Infinite Crisis because I thought an event that big/story that good deserved the Absolute format and I liked having it next to my Absolute Crisis on Infinite Earths. While having everything in one book is nice, with Infinite Crisis there are so many tie-ins that I prefer reading the different tpbs's interspersed throughout, some of which the Omnibus leaves out.

...or maybe I'm just justifying this being the one book I didn't grab before it went oop...
    Have fun. I am still puzzled about that book and about its presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Suriel View Post
    Have fun. I am still puzzled about that book and about its presentation.
    What's unclear about finally having an Absolute of each Crisis?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    What's unclear about finally having an Absolute of each Crisis?
    I guess I already written why a few pages ago?? ...

How good is the JLA Bronze Age stuff? That omnibus is coming out soon and seeing as I don't know much of the JLA, how does that stuff stack up to other runs?
    Last edited by Sousa; 01-14-2017 at 09:11 AM.

I guess I already written why a few pages ago?? ...
    I thought I had posted a rebuttal to that. No worries.

Spectacular Member

I thought I had posted a rebuttal to that. No worries.
    Since I didn't see some elaboration and some explanations in regards to my points I don't see a rebuttal here. And since the only explaining was that you find no problem with the book, ignoring what potential newbees think, I don't think we can ever agree on this. I find it an abysmal presentation in that form and stand to it with things I experienced while reading it. Experienced people like you might like it, for the rest it might be difficult to read, which is a major fault of the writers and publisher in that case.
    Last edited by Suriel; 01-14-2017 at 09:45 AM.

Since I didn't see some elaboration and some explanations in regards to my points I don't see a rebuttal here. And since the only explaining was that you find no problem with the book, ignoring what potential newbees think, I don't think we can ever agree on this. I find it an abysmal presentation in that form and stand to it with things I experienced while reading it. Experienced people like you might like it, for the rest it might be difficult to read, which is a major fault of the writers and publisher in that case.
    Um... OK...

Spectacular Member

Um... OK...
    Mmm. Ok. Just read more and more of these one line answers with a very narrow view on things lately. Quite frankly I am just sick and tired of that fan boy nonsense, always defending a company, misleading answers, everything is great mentality with nothing to improve on. And that book perhaps took the cake for me.
    Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Last edited by Suriel; 01-14-2017 at 02:48 PM.

Kind of strange question, but does anyone have a picture of a Rebirth trade spine? Just want to see how they match to the N52 and DCYou spines

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Kind of strange question, but does anyone have a picture of a Rebirth trade spine? Just want to see how they match to the N52 and DCYou spines
    That's always the exact question I ask whenever anything is solicited. They're never shown anywhere! I checked them out at my LCBS and they're very different to DCYou and New 52. They're a little more akin to the Marvel Now stuff. I couldn't find an exact photo, but try watching this review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJyH4__aSKQ

At around 2:32, he holds up the Batman book and you can see the spine. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    That's always the exact question I ask whenever anything is solicited. They're never shown anywhere! I checked them out at my LCBS and they're very different to DCYou and New 52. They're a little more akin to the Marvel Now stuff. I couldn't find an exact photo, but try watching this review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJyH4__aSKQ

At around 2:32, he holds up the Batman book and you can see the spine. Hope that helps.
    Thanks for the link! Yes, I have a hard time looking at it, but it looks like it mostly matches the cover. I wonder if they continue to "code" them as they did before. Ex. Batman Blue, Green Lantern Green, Young Heroes Orange, Magic Books Gray, ect.

I'm not a hug fan of the covers. A lot of white, which is a little dull for me. I wonder if the following trades will be the same design, or if these are meant to catch your eye because they're Vol.1.

Thanks for the link! Yes, I have a hard time looking at it, but it looks like it mostly matches the cover. I wonder if they continue to "code" them as they did before. Ex. Batman Blue, Green Lantern Green, Young Heroes Orange, Magic Books Gray, ect.

I'm not a hug fan of the covers. A lot of white, which is a little dull for me. I wonder if the following trades will be the same design, or if these are meant to catch your eye because they're Vol.1.
    Superman vol 1 and Green Arrow vol 1 are both the same, and they match the Rebirth deluxe pretty closely. So it looks like they might all be the same.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Speaking of Green Arrow: I can't believe the new Rebirth trade is written by the same guy who wrote the last two New 52 Green Arrow trades. Those trades weren't even fit to line the bottom of a pigeon coop. The Rebirth trade is awesome.

And I mean awesome.

How does that even happen? Maybe the lifting of some editorial restrictions on the character got Ben Percy excited about writing him for the first time? I don't know if Percy's ever written anything else so I have nothing to judge him by other than Green Arrow. But he was a fucking shit writer--not just in writing shit stories but shit in the mechanics of his writing as well--and now all of a sudden he's shit hot. That honestly just does not happen. It really doesn't. And yet.

I hope he keeps it up, and that it doesn't turn out it was, like, ghost written by Geoff Johns, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Speaking of Green Arrow: I can't believe the new Rebirth trade is written by the same guy who wrote the last two New 52 Green Arrow trades. Those trades weren't even fit to line the bottom of a pigeon coop. The Rebirth trade is awesome.

And I mean awesome.

How does that even happen? Maybe the lifting of some editorial restrictions on the character got Ben Percy excited about writing him for the first time? I don't know if Percy's ever written anything else so I have nothing to judge him by other than Green Arrow. But he was a fucking shit writer--not just in writing shit stories but shit in the mechanics of his writing as well--and now all of a sudden he's shit hot. That honestly just does not happen. It really doesn't. And yet.

I hope he keeps it up, and that it doesn't turn out it was, like, ghost written by Geoff Johns, or something.
    I'm continuously hearing different things about GA Rebirth. I think Percy has more to play with, in terms of plot, characters, and ideas, thanks to Rebirth. I didn't read his N52 run, but I read all the interviews, and I was excited how he wanted to bring a street level, horror-esque aspect to the series. But I've hears mostly negative remarks about his run. I'm still reluctant to read his Rebirth. GA is on my "Maybe" list until I learn more

I'm continuously hearing different things about GA Rebirth. I think Percy has more to play with, in terms of plot, characters, and ideas, thanks to Rebirth. I didn't read his N52 run, but I read all the interviews, and I was excited how he wanted to bring a street level, horror-esque aspect to the series. But I've hears mostly negative remarks about his run. I'm still reluctant to read his Rebirth. GA is on my "Maybe" list until I learn more
    I've loved it. It can play it a little safe, be a little too predictable, and sometimes a bit too heavy handed about politics and all that, but it's been really fun. I definitely think it's worth a read as it really does feel like classic Green Arrow and yet it doesn't alienate any past continuity.