View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    With the recent Jimenez omnibus, and Byrne's third and final hardcover on the way, I believe that only leaves Eric Luke's run. If DC moves forward on that, we should have WW v. 2 collected in full if I'm not mistaken...? (give or take a few fill in issues).
    Yeah, a couple fill-ins and Luke's run would be the only really uncollected parts of WW v2 if they finish out the "... by WML" collections.

I'm wildly fascinated about DC's fits and starts in completing some volumes and not others. One would imagine if Flash: Savage Velocity sells well enough, they'll put out the next volume and get dangerously close to having the entire Wally West volume collected in pretty straightforward fashion, WWv2 is getting close (no idea if the Luke run would ever merit a collection - maybe if there is a third WW movie coming out and they need something new for the shelves). On the other side of things, Dixon's run on BoP doesn't look like it'll ever get finished, nor will his run on Robin.

I'm sure all of these things are mostly sales based, but that's also kind of interesting - Wonder Woman isn't a huge sales draw (she's not bad or anything, but not a top 10 main stay) and DC has shown less than stellar support for Wally West since Infinite Crisis, yet both of them have the right sized collections fan bases to complete full runs on the shelves while more popular characters like Batman and Superman (plus their sidekicks) have huge, huge gaps in their collections from the same time.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Glad to see a deluxe edition for Omega Men and the Absolute Daytripper relisted.
    I kind of expected an oversized (deluxe or absolute) release of King/Gerads' Mister Miracle, but no luck. Next year, maybe.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    Glad to see a deluxe edition for Omega Men and the Absolute Daytripper relisted.
    I kind of expected an oversized (deluxe or absolute) release of King/Gerads' Mister Miracle, but no luck. Next year, maybe.
    This will happen. DC just want to first milk it dry for what it's worth in lesser formats such as the TPB and standard size HC.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Is Miller still intending to do another chapter in the story? I assume they'll wait to omni it until he's done. That said, if they included Superman: Year One, DKR, DKSA, DK:MR (and related material) you can get to a pretty hefty volume even without ASBAR.
    With Superman year one being magazine size, I don't know if they'd collect it with the rest.

My guess is that they'll first get the absolute of Master race (which will include Last crusade) out and a new ver of Dark Knight returns/strikes again out first, and then follow up with an omni collecting DKR, DKSA, DKR:LC and DKMR. That'd be 512 pages plus 624. Should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Was Master Race not well received? (I havenĀ’t read it yet)
    It did well both with sales and critics. Master Race's DKR prequel tie in Last crusade was especially well recieved.

Personally I like Master race more than returns, and I love returns. This may sound shocking but, Superman is awesome in it and it ends on a bang up positive note
    Last edited by borntohula; 07-27-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Spring catalog up on Edelweiss
    https://www.edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4387556&page=1

Some interesting tidbits:

Flash by Waid v7 (142-150), leaving just one more volume to wrap up his run and get to Johns

WW by Messner-Loebs v1 (63, 64, 67-75)

Superman/Batman Omnibus: Superman/Batman #1-43, Superman/Batman Annual #1-2, and stories from Superman/Batman: Secret Files #1
    I'm holding out for Flash by Waid Omnibus vol.1&2, I can't double dip if I can help it.

So Wonder Woman by WML vol.1, implying a vol.2....why not just do an Omni?

I'll be thinking long and hard about the Superman/Batman Omni.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Why is D C insisting on those 400+ page
    Bronze Age Justice League Of America
    Book? They can release them til the
    Cows come home ...... I am not buying them,
    Just so they can turn around and solicit
    Omnibus vol3 with the same material

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Why is D C insisting on those 400+ page
    Book? They can release them til the
    Cows come home ...... I am not buying them,
    Just so they can turn around and solicit
    Omnibus vol3 with the same material
    Yes, this is very annoying. But it's not only JLA, it's also Flash and Green Lantern HCs with material I bet was originally supposed to be part of Flash Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1 and Green Lantern Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1.

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Anyone got league of extraordinary gentlemen jubilee edition? Thoughts? Heard the binding is tight. Are the more wordy parts of black dossier readable? --No text which dissapears into the gutter?
    I need to pick this up. Here's how dumb I am: I initially decided to pass on this, figuring I would wait for the omnibus w/ v1 + v2 + Black Dossier + Century + Tempest, before remembering that the stuff in the Jubilee edition was ABC/Wildstorm/DC, and the last two Top Shelf. I'll never get my complete omni.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    I need to pick this up. Here's how dumb I am: I initially decided to pass on this, figuring I would wait for the omnibus w/ v1 + v2 + Black Dossier + Century + Tempest, before remembering that the stuff in the Jubilee edition was ABC/Wildstorm/DC, and the last two Top Shelf. I'll never get my complete omni.
    Don't forget NEMO!

The jubilee book is nice. I wouldn't mind it if Top shelf put out a deluxe omni akin to it.
    Last edited by borntohula; 07-31-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Spectacular Member

It didn't take much time for the first cancellation: https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=1401291589&page=1

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    It didn't take much time for the first cancellation: https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=1401291589&page=1
    The single issues were canceled as well. The artist fell behind schedule. DC said they will solicit them again at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    Doesn’t show anything for me, what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Doesn’t show anything for me, what is it?
    TPB of issues 1-6 of Ellis’s upcoming Wildcats series.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    TPB of issues 1-6 of Ellis’s upcoming Wildcats series.
    Ah Ok, what’s been the opinion on the new wildcats? As good as the wildstorm stuff?

It hasn’t started yet (hence my saying “upcoming” ); the collection was cancelled to be resolicited because the issues themselves have been pushed back. No release date yet, I don’t think.