View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 281 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1812312712772782792802812822832842852913313817811281 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 21662

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    One of the rare - if ever times - I'm going to disagree with ER and Dark Knight.

If you find Em "boring and meaningless" now, then go ahead and drop it. Does it get better? Absolutely, but it's a book is a thought-provoking series rich in politics, mystery and intrigue and if hasn't gripped you by now, then it won't.

Since you cited Runaways, then you should stick with the super hero-action stories. That seems more like your cup of tea. Don't read anything into this. I'm not insulting you. Every reader has a different taste.

Personally, I thought it's Vaughan's best series, even better than Y, although I've read it a bunch of times and read Y only once (That might change with the pending Absolute releases).

Dark Knight, I don't know if the ending is haunting because I think there's a lot of ways to read it, but I do certainly think about it also from time to time, which is one of the reasons I like it so much.
    I think haunting isn't the correct word, but I know what TDK means. The ending definitely sticks with you.

I completely agree it's his best written series, better than Y and Saga. Y just holds a special place in my heart haha. And Harris on art is no slouch.

Personally, Sabre, I'd give it to the third trade and see where you stand with it. It's one of the most interesting comics out there.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    ASBAR looks so good! I really wish the story was better.

Here's the funny thing about All Star Bats. At least to me.
    I bought this book monthly and after a few issues, I was like: WTF???l
    I thought it was over the top and absurd. Not in a good way.
    Then I read an interview with Miller or someone and they said that you had to take the story with a grain of salt. Forget everything you know about Batman and pretend this is the first time you've read him and there was nothing before that.
    That's what Miller did, is what the person being interviewed said.
    After that, I thought it was a really cool read.
    Now, since then, Miller has come out and said that this is the Batman from the Dark Knight Returns.
    To that I say: Bull ****.
    Miller just retroconned the DKR out of the blue? Whatever. I think whatever he's been taken the past decade jostleder his brains a little bit and he said that. Either that or he said it as a way to defend the series from people who don't like it.
    Either way, if you have the chance, give it another read.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I think haunting isn't the correct word, but I know what TDK means. The ending definitely sticks with you.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/haunting?s=t

haunting
    [hawn-ting, hahn-]
    adjective
    remaining in the consciousness; not quickly forgotten:
    haunting music; haunting memories.

Just sayin' ...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Keep with it. The ending of th series is haunting. I still think about it from time to time.
    i'm the opposite, i can't even remember what happened at the end

Incredible Member

My most wanted Absolutes are

1. Absolute Swamp Thing by Moore
    2. Absolute Multiversity
    3. Absolute Batman RIP

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp14 View Post
    I haven't posted in awhile but felt compelled to post some good finds I got today. I've been pretty adamant about only buying hardcovers from now on and have replaced all three of my trades with these versions.Attachment 19254
    Is not this older Final Crisis HC less complete than the newest softcover? I think so.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    What does everyone think about the Superman Doomed book? Is it worth buying for just Doomed 1 & 2, since everything else will apparently be reprinted elsewhere? I'm not sure whether to get it or not.
    I am more inclined to drop the other trades as this will have a nice reading order for the story. Plus looking at Superman Wonder Woman vol 2 for example I don't read Futures end so the 2 books not included (Wonder Woman futures end 1 and Superman/Wonder Woman futures end 1 I don't see myself needing at all. I think the only book I'll be picking up from this Doom period is the main Superman title as Doom only covers 2 issues of it (30&31).

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/haunting?s=t

haunting
    [hawn-ting, hahn-]
    adjective
    remaining in the consciousness; not quickly forgotten:
    haunting music; haunting memories.

Just sayin' ...
    I always associate haunting as something being more eerie I guess.

I found Ex Machina Deluxe Vol. 5 new at a local comic shop for 20% off cover, and have now found someone selling Vol. 1 new elsewhere for cover. I thought these would be nearly impossible to find but am happy to have 1, 2 & 5 in deluxe with 3&4 being the trades. It's one of my favourite series (in the top three) and I love having it in a bigger, hardcover format.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Is not this older Final Crisis HC less complete than the newest softcover? I think so.
    I.....didn't know this and probably should have. Do you happen to know what's missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp14 View Post
    I.....didn't know this and probably should have. Do you happen to know what's missing?
    I think just additional pages from the absolute. I have the hardcover as well and I didn't feel anything was missing so if you prefer to have the story in hc but don't want to pay for the absolute I think you had a good deal.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Why hasn't there been a Deluxe All-Star Superman? I want one.
    Cyclops was right

Probably waiting for the tenth anniversary which is in november or next january (there are 2 dates on wikipedia).

Spectacular Member

Because DC are crazy. It should definitely be out already.

Quote Originally Posted by TehJofus View Post
    Because DC are crazy. It should definitely be out already.
    Had to wait long enough for a deluxe New Frontier, so hope we do get one soon, the Absolute is cheap enough now but it is just too big

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

DC won't issue a de luxe when the Absolute is still available. I think they're letting the Absolute go oop now tot issue a deluxe next year.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47