View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1042 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 425429429921032103810391040104110421043104410451046105210921142 ... LastLast
Results 15,616 to 15,630 of 21671
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

BATMAN: THE ARKHAM SAGA OMNIBUS Video game cover:

BATMAN BY JEPH LOEB AND TIM SALE OMNIBUS Cover by TIM SALE:

FINAL CRISIS: THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY OMNIBUS Cover by J.G. JONES:

DEATHSTROKE BY TONY S. DANIEL OMNIBUS Cover by TONY S. DANIEL and SANDU FLOREA:

HARLEY QUINN BY AMANDA CONNER AND JIMMY PALMIOTTI OMNIBUS VOL. 2 Cover by AMANDA CONNER:

GREEN LANTERN/GREEN ARROW: HARD-TRAVELING HEROES DELUXE EDITION OHC Cover by NEAL ADAMS:

BATMAN: THE REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION BOOK TWO OHC Cover by DAVID FINCH and DANNY MIKI:

DC have really stepped up their Omnibus game, in particular when it comes to Batman. They are really surprising us.

Like others have posted, I'm interested in the Batman Arkham Omnibus and like Peter Tomasi's work but I have no idea what the Arkham stories are like. Would anyone care to elaborate?

Nice to see the Batman Loeb Sale Omnibus, but I won't be picking it up as I have the Long Halloween and Dark Victory Absolutes as well as the Solo Deluxe OHC. Those two stories really do feel at home in the Absolute format.

I also have the Absolute Green Lantern Green Arrow by O'Neill and Adams but nice to see DC putting it out in a deluxe OHC.

I'm also interested in the Final Crisis Omnibus but as I'm not a Grant Morrison aficionado, I'd like to see where it fits into the grand scheme of the Morrison's Batman. There's obviously going to be some double dipping but will it be worthwhile picking it up if I also purchase the Batman Morrison Ominubuses?

Was expecting a Re-solicit of Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck HC and maybe some more Swamp Thing and JLI Omnilove.

I'll be getting FINAL CRISIS: THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY OMNIBUS HC and Absolute Transmetropolitan Vol. 3 .
    Most Wanted Omni: X-Factor 90's (Peter David, DeMatteis and DeZago); X-Factor Investigations (Peter David); X-Men: Legacy (Carey); Alpha Flight Vol2 (Mantlo, Hudnall & Lee); Moon Knight by Ellis, Wood & Bunn OHC ; Moon Knight Vol 1; Excalibur Omnibus Vol. 1;Animal Man Omnibus vol. 2; Animal Man by Lemire; Hellblazer by Ennis ; Question by Dennis O'Neil + Rick Veitch.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Yes, Haunted Knight is the Halloween Special/Madness/Ghosts stories.
    Oh, duh! Had a brain fart, thanks!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Can't say I was that impressed by these trade solicits. Just BATMAN BY JEPH LOEB AND TIM SALE OMNIBUS.

Final Crisis...is not really good outside of Morrison's issues. Ok at times, Legion of 3 Worlds I liked some.

GREEN LANTERN/GREEN ARROW...will still have at least one or more recolor issues.

And now I see we're wasting Omnibus slots on video game comics that the gamers probably didn't much read.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-21-2018 at 06:45 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    SNIP
    I'm also interested in the Final Crisis Omnibus but as I'm not a Grant Morrison aficionado, I'd like to see where it fits into the grand scheme of the Morrison's Batman. There's obviously going to be some double dipping but will it be worthwhile picking it up if I also purchase the Batman Morrison Ominubuses?
    Honestly, if you're wanting something to go with Batman by Morrison, I'd suggest just getting the FC tpb (unless you have a compulsion to have your books all the same height, in which case this is your only option). FC fits chronologically after Batman by Morrison v1 (in fact, if you're reading for the first time, don't read Batman 682-683 in the Batman by Morrison volume and read them where they belong - in the middle of FC as they are in the TPB).

The FC omnibus contains the FC tpb/Absolute contents + some Club Dark Side tie-ins (I have not read them, but CDS does not really play into the narrative from Morrison too much so they are, at best, good unrelated content); Legion of 3 Worlds (it tells you what Superman was doing during an absence, but doesn't add to the narrative - only really worthwhile if you are on a Superman by Johns kick); Revelations (follow up to Question: Five Books of Blood more than an FC book); Rogues Revenge (Inessential unless you're on a Flash kick and want the follow up to the Bart Allen series or just like Johns writing the Rogues); and a couple FC-branded titles that deal with peripheral events.

Then there is the double-dipping stuff - The first run of Batman issues (RIP + FC tie ins) are in Morrison v1, the second (701-702) will almost certainly be in Morrison v2 (and reading them before reading Return of Bruce Wayne will . . . not spoil, but reveal early the nature of Bruce's travails in that series).

If you're just looking for something to supplement reading Batman by Morrison, strong recommendation to just get the FC tpb and read that right after v1.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    .And now I see we're wasting Omnibus slots on video game comics that the gamers probably didn't much read.
    Do you even realise how pretentious this sounds? Fwiw this and the injustice series seem to have been pretty well received, with some prominent creators putting in work. Personally, i dont see how this is any different than any other alternate universe/reality work. It should be judges on Its own merits, not dismissed because it ties into a game. It's this type of elitist/judgemental mindset that gives comic readers as a whole a bad rep

Is the Loeb/Sale omni just the three absolutes combined in an omni?

Also, excited to see deathstroke getting some omni love!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

That Deathstroke series was hot garbage. Who ever sign off on it should lose a paycheck.
    Cyclops was right