View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Extraordinary Member

I got the Morrison Batman omnibus today and one thing I was very pleased to see is that the credits, which were removed in other reprints (at least the ones I've seen), have been restored here - not exactly as they first appeared, but in a shortened version with only the writer/artist/colorist/letterer credits, which I recall DC also used for the Batman Incorporated collections. DC doesn't usually include credits if it already has a version out there without credits, so I hope this becomes a habit.

I'm a believer that reprints should always have the credits where they originally appeared on the page (sometimes DC would eliminate not only the credits but the title and the design of the pages would make no sense), but with Morrison you can tell that he and his collaborators put a lot of thought into where the credits should go and how they should be designed, so I really hope the upcoming Morrison reprints continue this.

I haven't had a chance to find out if there are any mistakes in the book, but I wanted to give, er, credit where due.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I got the Morrison Batman omnibus today and one thing I was very pleased to see is that the credits, which were removed in other reprints (at least the ones I've seen), have been restored here - not exactly as they first appeared, but in a shortened version with only the writer/artist/colorist/letterer credits, which I recall DC also used for the Batman Incorporated collections. DC doesn't usually include credits if it already has a version out there without credits, so I hope this becomes a habit.

I'm a believer that reprints should always have the credits where they originally appeared on the page (sometimes DC would eliminate not only the credits but the title and the design of the pages would make no sense), but with Morrison you can tell that he and his collaborators put a lot of thought into where the credits should go and how they should be designed, so I really hope the upcoming Morrison reprints continue this.

I haven't had a chance to find out if there are any mistakes in the book, but I wanted to give, er, credit where due.
    I'm a bit torn with restoring credits. There are a few series where it make sense to leave them as they are either worked into the story/art (Manapul's Flash for instance), or the page design doesn't work without it and looks empty. That said, often it can sorta take me out of the story. I like how Marvel does it with some of their hardcovers where they just put the credits on the cover page of an issue in comparison to DC's Rebirth deluxe having nothing on a cover page and then credits on the issue. I guess it's personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Wrong!! Lol, I'm just annoyed that yet another Hush version is being published. I always say this. DKR, Year One, Court of Owls, Batman by Loeb, and Hush (I think there was one or two more but I cant recall at the time.) I just wish DC gave a fraction of the love to other characters and stories before they publish yet another Batman story in a new format.

Lol, I'm a big Batman fan but yeah it's true sometimes DC or Marvel are reprinting too many times the same material. It doesn't bother me because I only buy OHC in physical form and the rest in digital, so I'm still happy when DC release a new edition of the same material in another format that I prefer (thank god for the Batman by Morrison, Seven Soldiers and the Final Crisis omnibi this year) but yeah I can see your point.

I won't buy this omnibus because I already have the Deluxe, but maybe DC is planning something big with Hush next year that might explain why they release this new omnibus. I would have prefered an Hitman by Garth Ennis omnibus though (best DC serie ever) and a proper Omnibus of the Starman serie by Robinson.
    Last edited by Hush; 07-14-2018 at 10:01 AM.

I noticed that the Batman Morrison omnibus on IST is one per customer, do think I have ever seen this before. Any other books get this treatment?

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

How long does it usually take for stores to get new copys in? Batman by morrison omnibus is sold out everywhere unless i pay more to have it shipped from IST

All-New Member

I’ve noticed Batman and Robin Tomasi/Gleason omnibus seems to be out of stock at both IST and CGN.
    Are they OOP or just out of stock?
    There’s still plenty on amazon and eBay. I’m reluctant to purchase on amazon due to possible bad packaging.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Book Depository has the omni cheaper on Amazon UK and packs their omni's better if that helps.

edit: Sorry, those are US stores, my bad.

The store Target has them for Amazon's price, while Chapters has it for pricier, but they have a 10% off coupon, so it's like $5. Do either of them ship things nicely?
    Chapter/Indigo is mostly ok. I have found they have been using a more rugged wrap around type for single books which even if the book can move around it cant move much. it depends on whether or not your postman is gentle with packages. I prefer it to oversized boxes where the book has freedom to move around a lot where even gentle handling will result in dinged corners.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I noticed that the Batman Morrison omnibus on IST is one per customer, do think I have ever seen this before. Any other books get this treatment?
    They do it from time to time. More often for DM covers (like with ASM v3) things they expect to sell out of quickly. I don't recall the Morrison omni to be limited when i purchased it day of release, so maybe their stock is low or I'm mistaken

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I've never seen it that I can recall on a standard issue cover release of any book.
    When Marvel has a Direct Market Cover and Standard they have limited the Direct Market cover to 1 per customer.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

The 80th Anniversary Action Comics Deluxe and Morrison Bats Omni showed up in the mail today.

Both look and feel like solid builds.

I was expecting my Morrison Batman omnibus Monday or Tuesday, but as I was walking to my front door
    I noticed the screen door was ajar slightly.......... not wanting to dash my hopes to quickly, I lightly pushed on the door with
    my foot and noticed there was no give and than I knew........... I Knew........ my books
    where here

All Star Superman Black Label edition trade popped up on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/All-Star-Supe.../dp/1401290833

It seems to be the same as the regular release, I was hoping maybe it'd be a hardcover so we'd finally have it as a deluxe. Could also be a sign that the next Edelweiss catalogue is right around the corner?

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I was expecting my Morrison Batman omnibus Monday or Tuesday, but as I was walking to my front door
    I noticed the screen door was ajar slightly.......... not wanting to dash my hopes to quickly, I lightly pushed on the door with
    my foot and noticed there was no give and than I knew........... I Knew........ my books
    where here
    Its such a good feeling when books arrive early. I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes ballistic when I see my books arrive. Even more so when its early. Speaking of which, I need to make budget cuts to get Absolute Sandman V.2...

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Lol, I'm a big Batman fan but yeah it's true sometimes DC or Marvel are reprinting too many times the same material. It doesn't bother me because I only buy OHC in physical form and the rest in digital, so I'm still happy when DC release a new edition of the same material in another format that I prefer (thank god for the Batman by Morrison, Seven Soldiers and the Final Crisis omnibi this year) but yeah I can see your point.

I won't buy this omnibus because I already have the Deluxe, but maybe DC is planning something big with Hush next year that might explain why they release this new omnibus. I would have prefered an Hitman by Garth Ennis omnibus though (best DC serie ever) and a proper Omnibus of the Starman serie by Robinson.
    Yes exactly! I'm thrilled DC is putting out an Impulse omni by Waid for example. That's great! But there are so many stories that deserve the format as well. Such as Starman, as you've said.