View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1346 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 34684612461296133613421343134413451346134713481349135013561396 ... LastLast
Results 20,176 to 20,190 of 21662
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Thanks! Although they still look rather slim :/

All those Young Adult OGNs are killing my vibes. I'm probably wrong... But I have a theory DC is pushing those instead of collected editions.
    It looks like some of those YA OGN's are resolicits to coincide with Pride Month, but I could be wrong. Either way, I'm not the demographic they're aiming at so they're easy skips.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The Sandman: The Deluxe Edition Book Three OHC
    written by Neil Gaiman
    art by Shawn McManus, Colleen Doran, Bryan Talbot, Stan Woch, Jill Thompson, and more!
    cover by MICHAEL WM. KALUTA
    ON SALE 8/3/2021
    $49.99 US | 560 PAGES | FC | DC BLACK LABEL
    Ages 17+
    7 1/16' x 10 7/8'
    ISBN: 9781779510273
    This volume picks up where the last left off in Morpheus’s ongoing saga as he travels through the Dreaming, From the “Game of You” stories where cracks are forming between the world of the waking and the Dreaming, to “Brief Lives,” where we follow the youngest of the Endless –Delirium–in her quest to find their long -lost brother, Destruction. Lose yourself in Gaiman’s fantastic worlds and continue the fantasy here, with The Sandman: The Deluxe Edition Book Three.
    Collects The Sandman issues #32-50, the equivalent of the paperback edition books #5-7. This hardcover edition also features a brand-new wraparound cover by Michael Wm. Kaluta.

The New 52: 10th Anniversary Deluxe Edition OHC
    written by Grant Morrison, Geoff Johns, Jeff Lemire, Brian Azzarello, Scott Snyder, and more!
    art by Rags Morales, Jim Lee, Travis Foreman, Cliff Chiag, Greg Capullo, and more!
    cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams
    ON SALE 8/10/2021
    $29.99 US | 400 PAGES | FC | DC
    7 1/16' x 10 7/8'
    ISBN: 9781779510310
    In 2011 DC made its boldest move in 25 years with the announcement of the New 52--reinventing its fictional universe from the groundup, and restarting its publishing line with 52 new and relaunched series, each starting with a fresh #1.
    Ten years later, DC returns to that exciting era with a new Deluxe Edition collection of the New 52’s greatest first issues.
    This collection showcases the breadth of the New 52’s creative diversity, including Geoff Johns and Jim Lee’s new origin for the Justice League, the start of Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo’s storied run on Batman, the intense mythological drama of Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang’s Wonder Woman, Grant Morrison and Rags Morales taking Superman back to his roots, and the unpredictable body horror of Jeff Lemire and Travel Foreman’s Animal Man.

Preacher: The 25th Anniversary Omnibus Vol. 2
    written by Garth Ennis
    art by Steve Dillon with John McCrea, Carlos Ezquerra, Richard Case, and Peter Snejbjerg
    cover by GLENN FABRY
    ON SALE 8/31/2021
    $125.00 US | 1104 PAGES | FC | DC Black Label
    AGES 17+
    7 1/16' x 10 7/8'
    ISBN: 9781779510372
    A masterpiece of violence, depravity, love, and redemption, writer Garth Ennis and artist Steve Dillon’s Preacher follows the Reverend Jesse Custer on his epic quest to track down an absent God and force Him to answer for the sufferings of His creation. Acclaimed by fans and critics alike, this groundbreaking title shattered conventions and set new standards for American comics during its original run.
    This second of two weighty tomes collects Preacher #34-66, Preacher Special: One Man’s War #1, Preacher Special: The Good Old Boys #1, Preacher Special: The Story of You-Know-Who #1, and Preacher Special: Tall in the Saddle #1. This volume features a brand-new introduction by Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner, as well as highlights from Preacher’s infamous Gone to Texas letters column, a special photo gallery of Preacher collectibles, and other rarities unearthed from the series’ archives.

Wonder Woman: 80 Years of the Amazon Warrior The Deluxe Edition OHC
    written by William Moulton Marston, Joyce Murchison, robert Kanigher, George PÉREZ, and Brian Azzarello
    art by H.G. Peter, George Peréz, Amanda Conner, Nicola Scott, Terry Dodson, and Cliff Chiang
    cover by Jim lEE
    ON SALE 8/31/2021
    $29.99 US | 416 PAGES | FC | DC
    7 1/16’ x 10 7/8’ ISBN: 9781779511577
    For 80 years Wonder Woman has stood as a symbol of truth, justice, and equality to people everywhere! Follow along in this incredible collection as the Amazon Warrior fights for justice—starting from the first appearance of Wonder Woman through some of her most incredible battles against foes like the Cheetah and Ares.
    This anniversary hardcover collects stories from All-Star Comics #8, Sensation Comics, #1, Comic Cavalcade #11, Wonder Woman (vol. 1) #5, #78, #98, #124, #162, #203, and #206, Wonder Woman (vol. 2) #6, #57, #73, and #170, Wonder Woman (vol. 3) #1, #13, #600, Wonder Woman (New 52) #13, Wonder Woman #750, and DC Comics Presents #41, along with new historical essays and a new cover by Jim Lee.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I've been collecting those 80th Anniversary Deluxe OHCs, other than the Joker one. Glad we've finally made it up to Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The New 52: 10th Anniversary Deluxe Edition OHC
    written by Grant Morrison, Geoff Johns, Jeff Lemire, Brian Azzarello, Scott Snyder, and more!
    art by Rags Morales, Jim Lee, Travis Foreman, Cliff Chiag, Greg Capullo, and more!
    cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams
    ON SALE 8/10/2021
    $29.99 US | 400 PAGES | FC | DC
    7 1/16' x 10 7/8'
    ISBN: 9781779510310
    In 2011 DC made its boldest move in 25 years with the announcement of the New 52--reinventing its fictional universe from the groundup, and restarting its publishing line with 52 new and relaunched series, each starting with a fresh #1.
    Ten years later, DC returns to that exciting era with a new Deluxe Edition collection of the New 52’s greatest first issues.
    This collection showcases the breadth of the New 52’s creative diversity, including Geoff Johns and Jim Lee’s new origin for the Justice League, the start of Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo’s storied run on Batman, the intense mythological drama of Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang’s Wonder Woman, Grant Morrison and Rags Morales taking Superman back to his roots, and the unpredictable body horror of Jeff Lemire and Travel Foreman’s Animal Man.
    This... seems really pointless.

They already did an omnibus of all the first issues, and that didn't sell great. I guess they thought a "greatest hits" book featuring issues that have already been reprinted multiple times across multiple formats was something we were clamoring for...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    This... seems really pointless.

They already did an omnibus of all the first issues, and that didn't sell great. I guess they thought a "greatest hits" book featuring issues that have already been reprinted multiple times across multiple formats was something we were clamoring for...?
    I don't get it either. It's 400 pages as well, isn't that more on the Omni side than a Dlx OHC?

Nah, the page count is in line for a Deluxe.

Although skinny omnibus aren't unheard of (Marvel has quite a few in the 700-800 range).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Nah, the page count is in line for a Deluxe.

Although skinny omnibus aren't unheard of (Marvel has quite a few in the 700-800 range).
    I feel out of touch then!

I'm....glad these solicits are thin. I need to catch up on buying from my IST wish list.

I mean reading the books I've already purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I'm....glad these solicits are thin. I need to catch up on buying from my IST wish list.

I mean reading the books I've already purchased.
    Uh huh, suuuure...

*side eyes my stack of unopened IST boxes in the corner*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Uh huh, suuuure...

*side eyes my stack of unopened IST boxes in the corner*
    Hey at least I open (most) of my boxes!

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Hey at least I open (most) of my boxes!
    Opened boxes are harder to stack...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Omar has a first look at the Swamp Thing New 52 omnibus over on the Near Mint channel. It's due out on Tuesday.