View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I also feel the Snyder/Capullo Batman number is low.
    People budgeting differently for Holidays maybe? Folks upset at DCs rapid cancellations so buying other things?
    I think there's a stock issue. IST ran out of copies right away and they still don't have any on their site. Perhaps Diamond shorted the print, or there were issues, etc... I bought it, I'm loving it, and it was #1 with a bullet on IST's site until it dissappeared. I'm sure there are other factors than "people don't want it" on this specific book. Just my two cents.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Not sure if this has been reported already, but Indigo has a 3rd printing for the Infinite Crisis Omnibus slated for a June, 2020 release. They're already accepting pre-orders.

Link: Indigo
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 11-28-2019 at 09:41 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Has anyone else seen that the upcoming Englehart Batman collection is pushed way out on Amazon? I dunno how to feel about that. Same for some other stuff I remembered being earlier, like the new Byrne Superman collection.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Does the Batman & Robin By Tomasi And Gleason Omnibus new printing have glued binding again? And is it worth picking up in anyone's opinion? I never read it.

Edit: Grant Morrison's upcoming JLA omnibus - 1520 pages!!!

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Does the Batman & Robin By Tomasi And Gleason Omnibus new printing have glued binding again? And is it worth picking up in anyone's opinion? I never read it.

I'm not sure of the new binding,but I thought B&R by Tomasi was one of the best things to come out of the New52.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Has anyone else seen that the upcoming Englehart Batman collection is pushed way out on Amazon? I dunno how to feel about that. Same for some other stuff I remembered being earlier, like the new Byrne Superman collection.
    If I have the Marshall Rogers hardcover, will I have most of the Englehart Batman run?

Also, my Absolute Final Crisis Hardcover has pages separating from the cover. I think the binding is glued with some sewing. Where do people get these books repaired?
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 11-29-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah if you have one it's a little tough to see getting the other due to the core of the material, although most of the exclusives are neat. Even if the Marshall Rogers wasn't crazy expensive right now though, I'd choose the Englehart collection as some of the other stories are reprinted with the Len Wein and Archie Goodwin collections, and maybe other places.

Rogers:
    DETECTIVE COMICS #468, 471-476, 477-479, and 481, DC SPECIAL SERIES #15, SECRET ORIGINS #6, BATMAN: LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT #132-136 and BATMAN: DARK DETECTIVE #1-6

Englehart:
    Detective Comics #439, #469, 470, 471-476; Batman #311; Legends of the Dark Knight #109-111; Batman Chronicles #19; Legends of the DC Universe #26-27; and Dark Detective #1-6
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Yeah if you have one it's a little tough to see getting the other due to the core of the material, although most of the exclusives are neat. Even if the Marshall Rogers wasn't crazy expensive right now though, I'd choose the Englehart collection as some of the other stories are reprinted with the Len Wein and Archie Goodwin collections, and maybe other places.

Rogers:
    DETECTIVE COMICS #468, 471-476, 477-479, and 481, DC SPECIAL SERIES #15, SECRET ORIGINS #6, BATMAN: LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT #132-136 and BATMAN: DARK DETECTIVE #1-6

Englehart:
    Detective Comics #439, #469, 470, 471-476; Batman #311; Legends of the Dark Knight #109-111; Batman Chronicles #19; Legends of the DC Universe #26-27; and Dark Detective #1-6
    I have such a Frankenstein collection of Batman comics because of the number of creator centered books. I have the Len Wein Book, the Goodwin book, 3 Aparo Books, and the Marshall Rogers book. I am now wishing they just did a Bronze Age Batman/Detective Omni to get the whole thing in sequence.

I wish I had a Cary Bates/Maggin Superman book to add to the mess!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I have such a Frankenstein collection of Batman comics because of the number of creator centered books. I have the Len Wein Book, the Goodwin book, 3 Aparo Books, and the Marshall Rogers book. I am now wishing they just did a Bronze Age Batman/Detective Omni to get the whole thing in sequence.

I wish I had a Cary Bates/Maggin Superman book to add to the mess!
    Oh man, me too.

I think many people mistake what "glued binding" and "sewn binding" actually means. All bindings use some glue, hence the confusion; the difference is whether the signatures are sewn together first before being glued to a ribbon, or if every individual page is glued together directly onto the spine.

As far as I'm aware, I don't think Marvel or DC have released a glued-binding Omnibus in over 10 years. Just because a binding is sewn though, doesn't mean it won't be too tight and flat with gutter loss (like the Snyder/Capullo Batman Omnibus), or have poor quality glue that separates the signatures from the ribbon (like the Absolute Swamp Thing or Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus).

Glued bindings are still common with TPB's and smaller hardcovers, but it's not an issue you really need to worry about when buying an Omnibus or up-scale deluxe/library/Absolute.

I still see comic review channels on YouTube and such confusing these terms, which is why I think so much misinformation gets spread.

The Batman and Robin Omni does have binding that's tighter than is generally preferred, meaning it won't lay flat very well and needs some work to open the "eye" to reduce gutter loss. But it's still a sewn binding, meaning it will last longer and you are far less likely to ever have any issues with pages/signatures falling out so long as you take care of it.

Have we actually gotten confirmation of the contents of the JLA omnibus? Is it just Morrison's material? Or will it include JLA CLassified 1-3, Waid's 18-22, Millar's 27, Grayson/Waid's 32-33, DeMatteis's 35, issue 42 and beyond? Others?

It might just be me, but I can't seem to find contents yet

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Have we actually gotten confirmation of the contents of the JLA omnibus? Is it just Morrison's material? Or will it include JLA CLassified 1-3, Waid's 18-22, Millar's 27, Grayson/Waid's 32-33, DeMatteis's 35, issue 42 and beyond? Others?

It might just be me, but I can't seem to find contents yet
    No contents listed yet - it'll probably be a bit fluid for awhile. It'll be 9 months until it's released . . .
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Give me all of that, plus the related Morrison stuff (Secret Files, Prometheus New Years Evil, Classified, the core DC One Million mini) and Waid’s Tower of Babel and then make it a two volume set and I’ll pay whatever DC asks for.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Give me all of that, plus the related Morrison stuff (Secret Files, Prometheus New Years Evil, Classified, the core DC One Million mini) and Waid’s Tower of Babel and then make it a two volume set and I’ll pay whatever DC asks for.
    How likely is it that they'd add Tower of Babel? Would be sweet!

Mighty Member

How likely is it that they'd add Tower of Babel? Would be sweet!
    The fourth JLA tpb included Morrison's conclusion as well as Tower of Babel - I think people are just assuming they'll concatenate either the recent HC or tpb collections of JLA for the omni.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm