View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Just placed my order for Robin Bronze Age omnibus and the
    Worlds Finest HC from IST
    I also ordered the Robin Bronze Age Omni, and am also interested in the World's Finest HC. Anyone know if it's oversized? I'll buy it if it is. I'm a sucker for 1970s and 1980s comics.

Spectacular Member

I’ve recently ordered the Wonder Woman by Gail Simone omni, Batman: Creature of the Night, Batman: Kings of Fear, JLA: The Nail Complete Deluxe Edition, Dark Nights: Metal—Dark Knights Rising and Dark Nights: Metal—The Resistance. Just picked up Weird Western Tales: Jonah Hex, The Flash by Mark Waid Book 7 and Absolute Daytripper today. Last but not least all 6 HC Starman omnis for a steal on eBay. A lot to look forward to.

Oh man, Tom KIng Omega Man is in deluxe hardcover. Good Get??
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Oh man, Tom KIng Omega Man is in deluxe hardcover. Good Get??
    Depends, I saw it a while ago and it was around 50 bucks which is just ridiculous. Series is great but not worth that much even in deluxe hc. So unless that price has dropped I’d look for a deal on it

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

What's the difference between the releases of the Swamp Thing Absolute Vol. 2? We got 6/24 and 10/21: https://previewsworld.com/Search?mod...ate=2021-01-31

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    What's the difference between the releases of the Swamp Thing Absolute Vol. 2? We got 6/24 and 10/21: https://previewsworld.com/Search?mod...ate=2021-01-31
    The June book was cancelled and resolicited. That's why the later book has (RES) in the name. If you click on book with the June release date, it brings you to the October book, so it's just a glitch on Diamond's site.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    The June book was cancelled and resolicited. That's why the later book has (RES) in the name. If you click on book with the June release date, it brings you to the October book, so it's just a glitch on Diamond's site.
    Ah. That makes sense. Thanks!

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Anybody started their re-read of the Jonah Hex Omnibus? I have the Showcase Presents and I am wondering if I should get the Omni.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Anybody started their re-read of the Jonah Hex Omnibus? I have the Showcase Presents and I am wondering if I should get the Omni.
    No longer an omni. The resolicit is a 528 pg HC. I just bought this as a blind buy. Hope I’ll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    No longer an omni. The resolicit is a 528 pg HC. I just bought this as a blind buy. Hope I’ll like it.
    I need to re-read the black and white copies I have, the art looks great just at a glance. i like one shot storytelling and westerns so I have fond memories of the books. There was more connected issues and runs then I remembered. I think if you like The Spirit, EC Comics, even 100 bullets, you can enjoy Jonah Hex. They are definitely based on the old Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Westerns. The character is not p.c so to speak, it's definitely a relic from another time. I would like to see a Sgt. Rock hardcover come out as well. Too much stuff every month!
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 05-21-2020 at 05:23 PM.

Rufus0229

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I also ordered the Robin Bronze Age Omni, and am also interested in the World's Finest HC. Anyone know if it's oversized? I'll buy it if it is. I'm a sucker for 1970s and 1980s comics.
    Do you know if the Robin Bronze Age Omnibus consists of the original Neal Adams art rather the newer redone versions?

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus0229 View Post
    Do you know if the Robin Bronze Age Omnibus consists of the original Neal Adams art rather the newer redone versions?
    I'm waiting on my copy from IST and never considered it might be redone versions. I'm not a fan of the revisionism and hope this is not the case.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Did the Batman/Superman Omni vol.1 sell out in super fast order(IST) as has been the case the past few weeks.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Anybody read the Nancy Collins Swamp Thing Run? The reviews on Amazon say it picks up where Moore left off.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Anybody read the Nancy Collins Swamp Thing Run? The reviews on Amazon say it picks up where Moore left off.
    I have not read it, but there were definitely issues between the end of Moore's run and the start of Collins's run. Two, in fact: Rick Veitch and Doug Wheeler.

That said, it's possible that you could jump from Moore's to Collins's run without any issue. I wish I could tell you more!