View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1027 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 275279279771017102310241025102610271028102910301031103710771127 ... LastLast
Results 15,391 to 15,405 of 21671
    Fantastic Member

And the chunky TPBs:

GREEN LANTERN: KYLE RAYNER VOL. 2 TP
    Written by RON MARZ, MARV WOLFMAN, TOM JOYNER and MICHAEL JAN FRIEDMAN
    Art by DARRYL BANKS, MARK BRIGHT, WILL ROSADO, MIKE COLLINS and others
    Cover by DARRYL BANKS and ROMEO TANGHAL
    Hal Jordan has returned. Refusing to accept responsibly for his actions, Hal looks to reclaim his mantle as Green Lantern from Kyle Rayner! With his sights set on Kyle’s power ring, Hal will take it back by any means necessary.
    Collects GREEN LANTERN #58-65, NEW TITANS #124-125, DARKSTARS #34, GUY GARDNER: WARRIOR #27-28 and DAMAGE #16.
    On sale MAY 2 • 360 pg, FC, $29.99 US

JLA YEAR ONE TP NEW EDITION
    Written by MARK WAID and BRIAN AUGUSTYN
    Art by BARRY KITSON, MICHAEL BAIR, JOHN STOKES and MARK PROPST
    Cover by BARRY KITSON
    The definitive tale of the JLA’s formation is back in a new deluxe hardcover of the epic tale starring the Flash, Green Lantern, Black Canary, Martian Manhunter and Aquaman! Learn how the five founding members of the JLA pulled together as a team, earning the respect of the public and defeating foes like Vandal Savage, scientist T.O. Morrow and the Brotherhood of Evil!
    Collects JLA: YEAR ONE #1-12, with sketches and other bonus material!
    On sale MAY 23 • 336 pg, FC, $29.99 US

LEGIONNAIRES BOOK TWO TP
    Written by TOM McCRAW, TOM PEYER, MARK WAID and others • Art by LEE MODER, JEFFREY MOY and others • Cover by JEFFREY MOY and W.C. CARANI
    In the second LEGIONNAIRES book, Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy and Live Wire recruit teen heroes from different worlds to form the Legion of Super-Heroes, with the financial backing of their wealthy benefactor.
    Collects LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #69-73, LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES ANNUAL #6, LEGIONNAIRES #25-30, LEGIONNAIRES ANNUAL #2 and a story from SHOWCASE ’95 #6.
    On sale MAY 23 • 392 pg, FC, $39.99 US

SUPERMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE VOL. 4 TP
    Written by JERRY SIEGEL
    Art by JEOE SHUSTER and others
    Cover by EVAN “DOC” SHANER
    The Man of Tomorrow’s Golden Age adventures continue! In these tales from ACTION COMICS #41-47, SUPERMAN #12-15 and WORLD’S FINEST COMICS #3-5, Superman battles saboteurs, investigates a rash of plane crashes, faces a super-powered Luthor and much more!
    On sale MAY 23 • 376 pg, FC • $24.99 US

SUPERMAN BY MARK MILLAR TP
    Written by MARK MILLAR
    Art by ALUIR AMANCIO, MIKE MANLEY, SEAN PHILLIPS, MIKE WIERINGO, GEORGES JEANTY, JACKSON GUICE and others • Cover by BRIAN STELFREEZE
    This collection brings together timeless tales from Superman’s goodbye to Earth to Lois Lane’s personal account of a life forever changed by Superman. And from his Eisner-nominated run on SUPERMAN ADVENTURES come stories that explore the heart of Superman and the root of Lex Luthor’s obsession with him. Plus, a tale of a world in which Detective Harvey Dent goes from man to Superman.
    Collects SUPERMAN: TEAM SUPERMAN #1, TANGENT COMICS: THE SUPERMAN #1, SUPERMAN ADVENTURES #19, 25-27, 30, 31, 36, 52 and stories from SUPERMAN 80-PAGE GIANT #2 and DC ONE MILLION 80-PAGE GIANT #1,000,000.
    On sale MAY 30 • 280 pg, FC • $29.99 US

TITANS: TOTAL CHAOS TP
    Written by MARV WOLFMAN
    Art by TOM GRUMMETT, GABRIEL MORRISSETTE, MICHAEL NETZER, ADAM HUGHES, KEVIN MAGUIRE, KERRY GAMMILL, PHIL JIMENEZ, ART NICHOLS and others • Cover by MIKE ZECK
    A threat from the future has come to the present to destroy the Titans: Donna Troy’s son, Lord Chaos! Bringing with him a futuristic army, the would-be hero turned despot faces Titans past and present in the heroes’ greatest conflict to date. However, when the battle becomes too much for even these super-teams, will they be able to turn to their greatest foe, Deathstroke, for assistance? This timeless crossover from one of the greatest creative teams of all time is finally here!
    Collects New Titans #90-92, Deathstroke, the Terminator #14-16 and Team Titans #1-3.
    On sale MAY 16 • 336 pg, FC, $29.99 US

Mighty Member

Kingdom Come just got a 20th anniversary deluxe in the last year or two.

Incredible Member

No Batman By Tom King deluxe volume 2? Maybe I missed it in the March solicits or it is still on the way.

Also, I sold off a bunch off my comics, so i would only have to keep track of one long box. I decided I would keep most of my collection in hardcovers and have a small box of my f avorite single issues.

Lost a lot of good single issues and feeling a little bummed today. Something about them feels special to own over the collections. Like they will last forever sealed in their mylar bags. Anyways, I'll get over it, but anyone else ever feel the same?

Mighty Member

Actually i felt the opposite. Was worried I'd miss them and regret the decision, but instead it was a relief, like a weight off my shoulders. Helps to have the same content in collected editions for the most part

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Actually i felt the opposite. Was worried I'd miss them and regret the decision, but instead it was a relief, like a weight off my shoulders. Helps to have the same content in collected editions for the most part
    That's the outlook I'm trying to maintain. I think when you have less things, it's easier to love them and avoid feeling overwhelmed.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    LEGIONNAIRES BOOK TWO TP
    Written by TOM McCRAW, TOM PEYER, MARK WAID and others • Art by LEE MODER, JEFFREY MOY and others • Cover by JEFFREY MOY and W.C. CARANI
    In the second LEGIONNAIRES book, Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy and Live Wire recruit teen heroes from different worlds to form the Legion of Super-Heroes, with the financial backing of their wealthy benefactor.
    Collects LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #69-73, LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES ANNUAL #6, LEGIONNAIRES #25-30, LEGIONNAIRES ANNUAL #2 and a story from SHOWCASE ’95 #6.
    On sale MAY 23 • 392 pg, FC, $39.99 US
    So glad this is still on the schedule! It's a bit overpriced, to be sure, but I'll still be pre-ordering in the hopes DC doesn't cancel it...

TITANS: TOTAL CHAOS TP
    Written by MARV WOLFMAN
    Art by TOM GRUMMETT, GABRIEL MORRISSETTE, MICHAEL NETZER, ADAM HUGHES, KEVIN MAGUIRE, KERRY GAMMILL, PHIL JIMENEZ, ART NICHOLS and others • Cover by MIKE ZECK
    A threat from the future has come to the present to destroy the Titans: Donna Troy’s son, Lord Chaos! Bringing with him a futuristic army, the would-be hero turned despot faces Titans past and present in the heroes’ greatest conflict to date. However, when the battle becomes too much for even these super-teams, will they be able to turn to their greatest foe, Deathstroke, for assistance? This timeless crossover from one of the greatest creative teams of all time is finally here!
    Collects New Titans #90-92, Deathstroke, the Terminator #14-16 and Team Titans #1-3.
    On sale MAY 16 • 336 pg, FC, $29.99 US
    Also overpriced, and a double dip of Deathstroke #14-16 if you're buying his classic trades, but again... I'll be buying it. I'd love to see some collections of New Titans, specifically the "Titans Hunt" thru "Zero Hour".
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

This is the part of this hobby I hate: I don't even like Morrison's Batman run, but seeing the price & knowing the preorder will be <$40... it's tempting.

I'm down for the Morrison Batman and Seven Soldiers, and the Batman '66 as I recall someone here talked me into that awhile ago.

Is the Zero Hour an OHC or a standard? I don't know . . . I might pick it up if it's a deluxe although I suspect they'd announce it that way if it was.

Is Seven Soldiers really good? I mean both the writing and the art? I'm really tempted by this one...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Spectacular Member

Why not a Zero hour omnibus with all the crossover? Hell, why not a Crisis omnibus with all the crossovers or Invasion or Millenium? Or Amageddon 2001 annual colletions. I can't be the only one nostalgic for those books and those crossovers would seem perfect for an omnibus.
    trying to be nicer

Roughly how many omnis will there be for Morrison's Batman? Never read the run myself, figured this is a good chance to jump in but I'm hoping it's not a 5-omni series.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm down for the Morrison Batman and Seven Soldiers, and the Batman '66 as I recall someone here talked me into that awhile ago.

Is the Zero Hour an OHC or a standard? I don't know . . . I might pick it up if it's a deluxe although I suspect they'd announce it that way if it was.
    I recall not really enjoying Seven Soliders. It was WAY too confusing (Morrison I know, but even for him). Maybe I'm just missing something.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    Roughly how many omnis will there be for Morrison's Batman? Never read the run myself, figured this is a good chance to jump in but I'm hoping it's not a 5-omni series.
    Given the size of the first one, I'd guess three. The solicited one, one covering the Batman & Robin + Return of Bruce Wayne, and one covering both volumes of Batman, Inc. Each is, give or take, 25 issues

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I'll be picking up the following:
    BATMAN IN THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD: THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC
    BATMAN BY GRANT MORRISON OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC

and possibly:
    BATMAN ’66 OMNIBUS HC

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

BATMAN IN THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD: THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 2 Cover by KARL KERSCHL: