View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1351 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 35185112511301134113471348134913501351135213531354135513611401 ... LastLast
Results 20,251 to 20,265 of 21670
    Incredible Member

With the mess that has been DC distribution during the pandemic, do we know if there's pallets of out of stock DC books just sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be transferred to the correct distributor? Because IST is out of certain books, but CGN claims others are available but by special order only (rather than tagging them as OOP on their website), Amazon has stock but doesn't appear to be getting any re-stock, and then Penguin lists books as available to buy at cover price directly from their website. It makes it very difficult to know what is actually available versus no longer in print and available, and what is a reasonable price.

Mighty Member

I've got two CGN orders from February waiting on special orders at the moment (all DC stuff for the special orders causing the delay). I'm not going to blame CGN, although at some point I hope they'll contact me and give me the option to . . . I don't know, mix and match orders to get one out the door. Or something. I'd prefer not to have three outstanding orders when I order the Flashpoint omnibus in April, but I also can't really sit around waiting on ordering that, now can I?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Batman: A Death in the Family The Deluxe Edition HC

Collects Batman #426-429, Batman #440-442 and The New Titans #60-61, as well as the never-before-printed alternate pages from Batman #428.
    On sale Apr 13, 2021 | 280 Pages | 978-1-77950-917-8 $49.99 US
    They have the audacity to slap the words "Deluxe Edition" on such a completely uninspired cover re-dress?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    I knew they would eventually release this. Sooner than I thought, though.

Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Omnibus
    I had hoped this would happen. Bought the first standard HC but once it turned into a trilogy I held off.
    This is making my night to see this!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I had hoped this would happen. Bought the first standard HC but once it turned into a trilogy I held off.
    Same here. I wasn't happy when they re-released it as a deluxe shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    I was actually thinking of selling my Capullo/Snyder volume 1. I think the run deserves a better format like Absolute edition.
    Or better construction/binding.

DC needs to up the game, especially if they continue to release 1200, up to 1500 page books.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    They have the audacity to slap the words "Deluxe Edition" on such a completely uninspired cover re-dress?
    Well, it is oversized. Wasn't the DC Comics Classic Library edition standard size? And that didn't include the alternate #428 pages. The cover art is the same as the previous TPBs I believe and primarily the same as the previous HC minus the yellowed panels in the background that the Classic Library line uses. The logo here is a clean take on the Batman logo at the time the single issues came out. If it ain't broke?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Well, it is oversized. Wasn't the DC Comics Classic Library edition standard size? And that didn't include the alternate #428 pages. The cover art is the same as the previous TPBs I believe and primarily the same as the previous HC minus the yellowed panels in the background that the Classic Library line uses. The logo here is a clean take on the Batman logo at the time the single issues came out. If it ain't broke?
    That's the thing, it wasn't broke. Any of the covers below would've been just fine (adding in "Deluxe Edition" somewhere).

The new one just seems lazy to me. And yes, one could argue that just recycling one of them would have been even lazier, but then we're back to "if it ain't broke..."
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I can get over the cover. The $50 cover price for a 280 page book is a different story, but an ever increasingly more common one with DC's Deluxe Editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I can get over the cover. The $50 cover price for a 280 page book is a different story, but an ever increasingly more common one with DC's Deluxe Editions.
    The great value and quality of the Rebirth deluxes is something that really got into the collected editions. 300+ pages, high quality and $35.

The quality and value has dropped in everything but the 800+ page omni's tbh.

Incredible Member

New DC catalogue is up
    https://www.edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4565614&page=1

Some stuff we knew about but some new stuff as well including:

Flash by Geoff Johns Omnibus 3
    Final Crisis: Rogue’s Revenge #1-3; The Flash: Rebirth #1-6; Flash #1-12; Blackest Night: The Flash #1-3; The Flash: Rebirth #1; Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps Vol. 2 #1; The Flash Secret Files and Origins 2010 #1; Flashpoint #1-5.

Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol. 6
    Batman #475-483 and Detective Comics #642.

Green Lantern: The Power of Ion
    Green Lantern #137-150 and Green Lantern: Our Worlds at War #1

Legion of Super-Heroes: Before the Darkness Vol. 2
    The Legion of Super-Heroes #272-283, The Best of DC: Blue Ribbon Digest #24.

Tales of the DC Universe: Mark Waid Vol. 1
    Superman #114, Adventures of Superman #536, Action Comics #572-576, Action Comics #641-723, Detective Comics Annual #2, Adventures of Superboy #7, Superman: The Man of Steel #58, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Annual #4, Green Lantern Corps Quarterly #2, Metamorpho #1-4, and DC Universe Holiday Bash #1.

Glad to see them continuing Kyle Rayner's run and following on directly from the recent Green Lantern: Circle of Fire TPB

Also Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol. 6 links up directly to the "Batman: Prelude to Knightfall" TPB so this may be the last one unless they want to start collecting the issues between Troika and Contagion and Legacy (i.e. the Moench & Jones stuff)
    Last edited by JAG2045; 04-02-2021 at 05:48 PM.

A Tom Strong Compendium!!

Mighty Member

A few thoughts:

1. Will we get a re-release soon of The Great Darkness Saga in HC to match the SB&LoSH and Before Darkness collections? If so, will they continue all the way through Levitz's run? I guess keep buying them and keep fingers crossed

2. Since Flashpoint is in the Flash by Johns omnibus, I expect we'll see it in the last Flash by Johns fat tpb at some indeterminant point in the future.

2a. While we're on the Flash, still no follow up to Savage Velocity to backfill the rest of the Wally series in before Waid started.

3. There should be one more Winick Green Lantern collection after Power of Ion. If we get that, there's only 17 more issues of Kyle's run (11 by Ben Raab, 6 by Ron Marz, then his 12 issue Ion miniseries after that). I wouldn't bet on that getting collected, but it'd be nice to get.

4. Unsurprised, but it'd have been nice to see the Connor Hawke GA fat TPB series pop back up in the solicits. Maybe later in 2022 after the Grell omnis are off the shelf.

5.Now that we know that Last Knight on Earth is in the Snyder/Capullo v2, it should be pretty straightforward to guess that we'll get one more Batman by Snyder omnibus with Black Mirror, maybe Gates of Gotham, All Star Batman, Batman and the Signal, and Batman Who Laughs for sure. Maybe Batman/Shadow, too.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    A few thoughts:

2a. While we're on the Flash, still no follow up to Savage Velocity to backfill the rest of the Wally series in before Waid started.

3. There should be one more Winick Green Lantern collection after Power of Ion. If we get that, there's only 17 more issues of Kyle's run (11 by Ben Raab, 6 by Ron Marz, then his 12 issue Ion miniseries after that). I wouldn't bet on that getting collected, but it'd be nice to get.
    A follow up to Flash: Savage Velocity is my most wanted DC collection!

I really hope they finish off Kyle's run in these new collections (then hope even more they go back and finish releasing Marz's run!)

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    New DC catalogue is up
    https://www.edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4565614&page=1

Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol. 6
    Batman #475-483 and Detective Comics #642.
    So they’re skipping the Destroyer crossover? Hopefully not and it’s going to be in a potential volume 7 of Dark Knight Detective. But haven’t the crossovers typically been in the Caped Crusader trades and omitted from the DKD volumes?