View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Mighty Member

As i stated in another thread, DCs absolute line has not been up to par. I'd rather get these in omnibus format at this point, as long as they aren't 1500 pages

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Very disappointed with DC cancelling Absolute Swamp Thing was so looking forward to it.
    Weird. An oversized hardcover edition of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run is pretty much the most wanted Absolute/Omnibus book there is.
    If they're canceling the Absolute for this, they must be canceling that whole line. Hopefully we'll just get the whole run in one or two Omnibus books.

Teen Titans nooooooooo

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    In the MMW forums they‘re putting their faith in the sentence “At least these Big Books having their orders cancelled will be resolicited” from the article. But to me the whole article is kind of ambiguously phrased.
    I believe the cancellation notice that retailers received said that the books would be resolicited, it wasn't just a rumor. Comiclist releases the cancellations and updates every Sunday and we can see the exact text from Diamond then.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

While I did plan on picking up the Absolute Swamp Thing, I'd really rather see three reasonably priced Deluxe Editions at $50 each ($25 w/ DCBS pre-order ).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    Teen Titans nooooooooo
    I'm with you. I have the first 3 and was planning to pick that up.

I just don't understand why DC doesn't come out with some press statement about these. They cancelled batman the damned #3 as well not just collected editions, people don't know what's going on and starting rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    They cancelled batman the damned #3 as well not just collected editions
    It was just pushed back a couple months i think.

Too me the continuing soliciting and than cancelling books a few months later by D C with no explanations is a smack in the face to all there costumers.
    I can guess with so many shops closing and most of there books released over the past few years are sill available, which is making the smaller selling
    market more weary of taking on extra copies. But to continue soliciting new books every last week and than a few weeks later cancel many books they
    solicited a few months earlier makes me feel as if they see me (a typical costumer) as someone who is not worthy of an answer.
    What is next? Bronze Age Batgirl Omnibus vol.2? Brian Azzarello Wonder Woman Omnibus? Bronze Age Justice League Of America Omnibus vol.3?
    and just what large hard cover books do they have set up to solicit in a few weeks?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Weird. An oversized hardcover edition of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run is pretty much the most wanted Absolute/Omnibus book there is.
    If they're canceling the Absolute for this, they must be canceling that whole line. Hopefully we'll just get the whole run in one or two Omnibus books.
    I fell in love with the Absolute format when I bought Year One last year.

Now DC cancel both Dark Knight Returns and Swamp Thing Absolutes.

This is so disappointing... Why do they annonce so many books if they are not sure of actually releasing them?

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Personally I have avoided getting the Adam's TPB & Omnibus simply because he went back and redid all the artwork (with the only recent release of his original art being the Batman: The Brave & The Bold Omnibus 1)
    What is this referencing? I am out of the loop. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    I fell in love with the Absolute format when I bought Year One last year.

Now DC cancel both Dark Knight Returns and Swamp Thing Absolutes.

This is so disappointing... Why do they annonce so many books if they are not sure of actually releasing them?
    Yea, this really is disappointing. I have been specifically waiting for both an Absolute Dark Knight reprint and the Absolute Alan Moore Swamp Thing for years....

God damn it DC....

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

This would so suck if Absolute Swamp Thing is cancelled. Over the holidays I pre-ordered through Amazon for almost half price (Not worried I'll lose the money......worried I'll lose the sweet deal when and if it gets resolicited)
    Last edited by FreakyFraser; 02-15-2019 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Clarity

For me it's,I'll believe it when I see it as far as DC solicits go.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

I was really excited about the Absolute. Hopefully its just being delayed to add more content. Or maybe just to coincide with the release of the new ST show on the DC network.