View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Is the Lucifer Omnibus a soft cover ? or that Lucifer Omnibus TP's TP is a mistake ?
    Given the price, page count, and dimensions it's presumably a mistake.

What are the odds for an Amethyst omni IN COLOR, now that she's in a BMB book?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Given the price, page count, and dimensions it's presumably a mistake.
    Also the Superman Rebirth Deluxe Edition Book Four is also listed as a trade, so an error for both seems likely.

Hush Omnibus cancelled:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...-hush-omnibus/

Not on my to-buy-list but certainly a surprise.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Hush Omnibus cancelled:

Seems kind of weird. Did the Final Crisis Omnibus not sell well? That seems the most analogous collection - a headline story by a bang up creative team, and a bunch of ancillary stories that kind of tie-in but don't really inform the headliner.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Hush Omnibus cancelled:

Really odd. This commenter may be on to something:

Quote Originally Posted by pop burnsy
    I think one of the next dc animated direct to blu/dvd films is based on Hush. Maybe they're pushing it back to release closer to the animated film?

For those of you more in-tune to how sales figures can sometimes predict future releases, what would you say the odds are of getting another Superman omnibus to follow last years 'Exile'? I'm trying to decide if I should custom-bind my books or wait on an official release...I'm assuming it doesn't look good for an 'Eradication' followup, but figured I'd see what you guys think.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Seems kind of weird. Did the Final Crisis Omnibus not sell well? That seems the most analogous collection - a headline story by a bang up creative team, and a bunch of ancillary stories that kind of tie-in but don't really inform the headliner.
    I don't think FC has much to do with it. Even if they are similar in structure Hush was always a favourite. I've read somewhere that someone recently left DC who had a hand in this Hush omnibus and maybe that's why they cancelled it.

Regardless of the reasons, another day another cancelled DC book. I still can't believe we got the Johns Aquaman omnibus.

Hush Omnibus cancelled:

Sucks, I almost sold my deluxe for this one

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I still can't believe we got the Johns Aquaman omnibus.
    Halfway through that atm, and so far the weakest Johns run by a mile. Apart from it being ridiculously decompressed it all seems to be a poor man‘s version of his Hawkman (misunderstood hero with slight anger management and relationship issues being confronted with constant ridicule; plus there‘re Johns‘ trademark ethical questions issues).

Halfway through that atm, and so far the weakest Johns run by a mile. Apart from it being ridiculously decompressed it all seems to be a poor man‘s version of his Hawkman (misunderstood hero with slight anger management and relationship issues being confronted with constant ridicule; plus there‘re Johns‘ trademark ethical questions issues).
    I remember enjoying it but not as much as his other stuff. Haven't read hawkman yet but I have the first book. I'm in a DC mood ATM so might give that a go.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I don't think FC has much to do with it. Even if they are similar in structure Hush was always a favourite. I've read somewhere that someone recently left DC who had a hand in this Hush omnibus and maybe that's why they cancelled it.

Regardless of the reasons, another day another cancelled DC book. I still can't believe we got the Johns Aquaman omnibus.
    I was kind of stretching, but it's intensely odd. Mark Chiarello getting laid off shouldn't have anything to do with the omnibus publication schedule at a well run publisher. Someone up thread cross posted the comment from BC that it was being canceled to be re-solicited at a more favorable time, which makes more sense, although one wonders how DC didn't know when the DC animated movie was coming out.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    For those of you more in-tune to how sales figures can sometimes predict future releases, what would you say the odds are of getting another Superman omnibus to follow last years 'Exile'? I'm trying to decide if I should custom-bind my books or wait on an official release...I'm assuming it doesn't look good for an 'Eradication' followup, but figured I'd see what you guys think.
    I don't know the sales figures, but I have a feeling we won't be seeing a follow up omni any time soon. When they first solicited this book as a relatively thin, standard trim HC (with a whopping $50 price tag!), I thought it was a bad idea. As much as *we* love this era, it's not the most popular, it's not the easiest to dive into, and it doesn't have any current, hot creators attached to it. When the book got upgraded to an omnibus, I was happy to get the extra issues, but again, it was too expensive given the other factors I just mentioned.

They really should have released chunky trades of this material at $24-$29.99 each. They would have sold more copies, and hopefully hooked a few more readers willing to commit to subsequent volumes. Sorry if I'm coming across like a pretentious know-it-all.

But don't get me wrong - I'd personally buy a follow up omni in a heartbeat!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I don't know the sales figures, but I have a feeling we won't be seeing a follow up omni any time soon. When they first solicited this book as a relatively thin, standard trim HC (with a whopping $50 price tag!), I thought it was a bad idea. As much as *we* love this era, it's not the most popular, it's not the easiest to dive into, and it doesn't have any current, hot creators attached to it. When the book got upgraded to an omnibus, I was happy to get the extra issues, but again, it was too expensive given the other factors I just mentioned.

They really should have released chunky trades of this material at $24-$29.99 each. They would have sold more copies, and hopefully hooked a few more readers willing to commit to subsequent volumes. Sorry if I'm coming across like a pretentious know-it-all.

But don't get me wrong - I'd personally buy a follow up omni in a heartbeat!
    I absolutely agree on the thick trades idea...I was hoping they would go the route they are currently going with the Post Crisis Batman stuff, except obviously for Superman there would just be the one title because the books were so connected. I love the omni, and it covered a lot of ground. At this point though, I'd be happy if they just announced a tpb line even if it meant the first several volumes would just be reprinting the omnibus material (just so the spines match). I wouldn't mind waiting if I knew it was coming.

Tpb's would have been a nice companion to the Byrne volumes...ah, well. I have all the issues so I'll just bind them. Some of that old art looks better on the old newsprint anyway.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Tweeted by Freddie E. Williams II:

Honored to have my art in the NEW HeMan OMNIBUS! Collecting a TON of awesome stories from the last 20 years! Makes me feel like a kid again! (the HeMan/ThunderCats mini + development sketches are included This book is a MONSTER!!! Almost 1,500 pages!!!