View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 396 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2963463863923933943953963973983994004064464968961396 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,940 of 21672
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Just popping is go say that Wally is most totally the best Flash, and anyone who says different is either wrong, or an old school fan with Barry or Jay bias.
    Cyclops was right

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    Surprised they want to collect Morrison and Miller's short run before any of Waid's flash. It seems that they'll HC any flash but Waid and that's just wrong.
    The management just dislikes Waid. They don't want to give him any cut of the profits, especially over a character they are trying to bury.
    Cyclops was right

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    Surprised they want to collect Morrison and Miller's short run before any of Waid's flash. It seems that they'll HC any flash but Waid and that's just wrong.
    Agreed. I'm thrilled about a Morrison / Millar Flash HC, but it does make the lack of any Waid Flash material releases (omnis, HCs, or even chunky trades ala the recent 90s Batman stuff) all the more conspicuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    well then you should really read the Johns Flash omnis.
    Reasons:
    -omnibuses, you like those
    -it is written by Johns back when DC wasn't the new52
    -it's Wally
    -it's awesome

negative points: well, the omnis are not the most well built one but it's alright.

Also: JL/JLU is awesome and the Flash-Luthor/Brainiac finale was EPIC! I must have been like 17 or 18 when I saw it, no Avengers or even Iron man type of superhero movie experience nearby and that fight hit me like nothing before.
    I struggle with John's writing, hence my gl omni is on eBay, I just find his stuff boring, when I was getting the standard gl/GLC HC's I much prefered the corps stuff, but thought I would get the gl omni and give it another go, but it still left me cold, hence I'm s bit reluctant to get another Johns omni

And yes, jl/jlu is still the best superhero stuff to make it off the page, if only DC put Timms in charge of their movie universe
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 07-26-2015 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I struggle with John's writing, hence my gl omni is on eBay, I just find his stuff boring, when I was getting the standard gl/GLC HC's I much prefered the corps stuff, but thought I would bet the gl omni and give it another go, but it still left me cold, hence I'm s bit reluctant to get another Johns omni
    well, maybe you should try a hero who is a bit more exciting to begin with. I like Hal Jordan bat he is very 2 dimensional. Although I remember fondly of the Johns GL run but probably his Flash and JSA is my favourite. Aaaand the Adventure comics Superboy story drawn by Manapul. I just adore the hell out of that thing.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Cool, that's a tough one to find at a reasonable price. Congrats!
    Don't know if this is a reasonable price but there is an Amazon Marketplace seller who has listed a NEW copy of Absolute Danger Girl for $150.

well, maybe you should try a hero who is a bit more exciting to begin with. I like Hal Jordan bat he is very 2 dimensional. Although I remember fondly of the Johns GL run but probably his Flash and JSA is my favourite.
    Agreed, plus the Flash has that awesome Rogues gallery and Johns' work with them was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I struggle with John's writing, hence my gl omni is on eBay, I just find his stuff boring
    yeah, I don't think you'd like his Flash run.

Go for his Hawkman omni though. I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Incredible Member

If that Morrison flash hardcover is oversized, I will be all over it. Do we have any clues?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    If that Morrison flash hardcover is oversized, I will be all over it. Do we have any clues?
    It's 10 or 11 issues, it's Morrison, so I think it is save to say it's gonna be a deluxe edition.

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

just lurking back in after not being on for a while, i see that dc is releasing johns green lantern volume 2 omnibus on Tuesday. i will definitely make that purchase, but i was curious about the jsa omnibus, having never read that material before , i was wondering if it is worth the purchase, last time i asked about a particular johns work ,flash way back in november during barnes and noble buy 2 get 1 free sale, i was not disappointed. i really just want to know if the material is worth the read.

Quote Originally Posted by Whenitmatters View Post
    just lurking back in after not being on for a while, i see that dc is releasing johns green lantern volume 2 omnibus on Tuesday. i will definitely make that purchase, but i was curious about the jsa omnibus, having never read that material before , i was wondering if it is worth the purchase, last time i asked about a particular johns work ,flash way back in november during barnes and noble buy 2 get 1 free sale, i was not disappointed. i really just want to know if the material is worth the read.
    yepp, it is. If you like his Flash and GL you gonna like JSA too. No previous knowledge required, it uses previous events but everything is explained sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Whenitmatters View Post
    I had not read the JSA material before the omnis and I do not regret buying them at all, they are excellent. Go for it!

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    I had not read the JSA material before the omnis and I do not regret buying them at all, they are excellent. Go for it!
    yepp, it is. If you like his Flash and GL you gonna like JSA too. No previous knowledge required, it uses previous events but everything is explained sooner or later.
    thanks guys. what is the general idea of the society, is it like jla or something different

Spectacular Member

People seem to be pretty excited about this Morrison/Millar Flash book, but how does it compare to Morrison's other stuff? And is this Millar at his best, when we was writing actual comics instead of potential movies?