View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 08-24-2020 at 07:32 PM.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

In Stock Trades has this gorgeous Gail Simone Wonder Woman Omnibus. Any thoughts? I loved the Perez Book, I am reading the Jimenez book, and that cover is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by theegreatone View Post
    When Morrison and Dini were writing the bat books was the best time.
    Indeed, it truly was. I believe that was when we also had that Pfeifer/Alvarez run on Catwoman, Bryan Q Miller's run on Batgirl, and The Web (An underrated 10-issue series connected to the Bat-titles). Also, Red Robin wasn't bad......Combine those with Morrison's Batman run and Dini's Detective run, and it was a magical time for the Bat-titles that'll never be paralleled.

I'm so looking forward to Dini's Detective Comics omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Indeed, it truly was. I believe that was when we also had that Pfeifer/Alvarez run on Catwoman, Bryan Q Miller's run on Batgirl, and The Web (An underrated 10-issue series connected to the Bat-titles). Also, Red Robin wasn't bad......Combine those with Morrison's Batman run and Dini's Detective run, and it was a magical time for the Bat-titles that'll never be paralleled.

Don’t forget Tomasi’s Nightwing too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Don’t forget Tomasi’s Nightwing too!

lol, I wasn't a fan of Tomasi's Nightwing (Nor Tomasi's work in general).....I far preferred that Dixon/Land run from the 90s, with Dick in Bludhaven and Blockbuster being the mob boss extraordinaire.

lol, I wasn't a fan of Tomasi's Nightwing (Nor Tomasi's work in general).....I far preferred that Dixon/Land run from the 90s, with Dick in Bludhaven and Blockbuster being the mob boss extraordinaire.
    Dixon’s is definitely the best Nightwing run ever, no question, but I found Tomasi’s to be very enjoyable, especially after all the lackluster runs in between.

I have always enjoyed any Batman Family series
    Dixon has written.

Mighty Member

The first part of the Morrison/Dini era had Dixon's (very short) return to Robin, too, which I enjoyed. I wouldn't hate a Robin 170-end + Red Robin omnibus to sit on the shelves next to the Dini and Morrison ones
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    In Stock Trades has this gorgeous Gail Simone Wonder Woman Omnibus. Any thoughts? I loved the Perez Book, I am reading the Jimenez book, and that cover is amazing!
    It's great! Between that Simone omni, the 3 Perez volumes, the Jimenez one and the Azzarello/Chiang one, Wonder Woman has some great omnibus volumes available for her best material.
    I think one by Byrne is coming out too, but I'm not familiar with his run on WW.

Quote Originally Posted by fabiano View Post
    It's on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1779505507/

Let's hope they don't cancel it
    Wow, I seriously gave up on it. With current DC policies I won't get my hopes up but it's still something. Thanks for sharing I didn't know about that.

From Amazon listing it turns out that SECRET ORIGINS #39 is out though. Compared to omni.
    Last edited by Antari; 03-02-2020 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    The first part of the Morrison/Dini era had Dixon's (very short) return to Robin, too, which I enjoyed. I wouldn't hate a Robin 170-end + Red Robin omnibus to sit on the shelves next to the Dini and Morrison ones

I forgot about that. I actually thought that late Dixon run on Robin was his best work, and it's a shame it didn't go on longer.

Tying that in with Red Robin for an omnibus would be great, although I doubt DC will put that together.

Was Nancy Collins swamp thing any good? I read it as it was coming out but for the life of me I can’t remember a thing about it, I do remember I dropped the title in the early 100’s because the art became absolutely atrocious (can’t remember who it was or who was writing it at the time)

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Was Nancy Collins swamp thing any good? I read it as it was coming out but for the life of me I can’t remember a thing about it, I do remember I dropped the title in the early 100’s because the art became absolutely atrocious (can’t remember who it was or who was writing it at the time)
    I really like it.

She actually posted some pics on Twitter of the book, it looks great!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've never read, that I can recall, the Collins Swamp Thing material but will be getting it regardless.
    Fan of the character and reduced Omnis by DC of late has me for sure getting it.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

Jack of Fables deluxe vol 3 released this week, I didn’t even know this was coming. Glad they are finishing the series, gives me hope for more vertigo deluxes.