View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I’ve got the JSA Omninuses on the way... I never realized until now that they didn’t finish the second series or do the JSA Classifieds. Does anyone know if they plan another omnibus to finish it off? I know the later stories aren’t nearly as good, but I’d love to see it complete.
    I'm pretty sure the 3rd omnibus ends when Johns leaves (unless I'm wrong). After that the series took a huge dip and then fell off a cliff with Guggenheim writing it. I highly doubt they would collect those issues in an omnibus.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    What's with the missing issues? Are they not important for the story? They seem to be in the deluxe editions, so I'm doubting if I should wait for this or just go with the four deluxe editions
    They're not written by Tomasi and Gleason and are separate stories. I hope they decide to include them and not make this a solely creator Omnibus as these issues will be orphaned. They were, however, included in the deluxe editions, but I would much rather pick up the Omnibus with the complete run.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    They're not written by Tomasi and Gleason and are separate stories. I hope they decide to include them and not make this a solely creator Omnibus as these issues will be orphaned. They were, however, included in the deluxe editions, but I would much rather pick up the Omnibus with the complete run.
    I’m in the same boat. Considering just picking up the deluxe editions to have all the issues. I believe there are three issues in the Omni that aren’t in the deluxe editions but seven which are in the deluxe editions that aren’t in the Omni. Definitely leaning towards the deluxe editions. I can pretty much guarantee that DC will not change the contents of this Omni. I’ve only seen cases where their solicit was wrong never changing after the fact. Marvel has changed contents after getting feedback but I’ve never seen DC do it. Someone correct me if I’m mistaken.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    I’m in the same boat. Considering just picking up the deluxe editions to have all the issues. I believe there are three issues in the Omni that aren’t in the deluxe editions but seven which are in the deluxe editions that aren’t in the Omni. Definitely leaning towards the deluxe editions. I can pretty much guarantee that DC will not change the contents of this Omni. I’ve only seen cases where their solicit was wrong never changing after the fact. Marvel has changed contents after getting feedback but I’ve never seen DC do it. Someone correct me if I’m mistaken.
    IIRC, DC changed the contents of the JSA Omnibus Vol. 1. They were going to be solely labelled as Geoff Johns Omnibuses and would omit the first five issues as they were written by Robinson & Goyer and not by Johns. Fortunately, they changed their minds and included them.

I wonder if there is a way of "encouraging" them to include those non-Tomasi/Gleason issues in the Superman Omnibus?

All-New Member

Hey guys, saw that Batman Dini Omnibus was back up at 11:00 (just stating time in case it is gone when you look at this post) for anyone who still needs to grab it and doesn't want to pay retail.

Okay, so thank you guys for giving me the proper order for the DC events books...

My question now is what is the best order for these 7 Batman omnis... (I'm aware there may be some overlap)

- Batman by Grant Morrison 1-3
    - Batman & Robin by Tomasi & Gleason
    - Batman by Snyder & Capullp
    - Batman by Paul Dini
    - Rise & Fall of the Batmen

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Okay, so thank you guys for giving me the proper order for the DC events books...

My question now is what is the best order for these 7 Batman omnis... (I'm aware there may be some overlap)

- Batman by Grant Morrison 1-3
    - Batman & Robin by Tomasi & Gleason
    - Batman by Snyder & Capullp
    - Batman by Paul Dini
    - Rise & Fall of the Batmen
    -Batman by Morrison 1-3 but insert Final crisis between 1 and 2 (basically after Batman RIP read Final crisis but after Final Crisis issue 5, if I remember the issue number correctly, read Batman #682-683, but these 2 issues should be included with some editions of Final Crisis)
    -Batman by Paul Dini (this one starts before Morrison's, like Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul but later stories take place during or after Morrisons. It's more of a creator centric book than a collection of an era).
    -Batman by Snyder
    -Batman and Robin by Tomasi (the first arc takes place right after Morrison's Batman and Robin, Dick is still Batman then it changes to the N52 status quo, and there are a lot of tie in issues to Snyder's Bat events like Court of Owls and Death of the Family. Basically when the N52 started the Snyder and the Tomasi run ran parallel ).
    -Rise and fall of the Batmen (this is Rebirth stuff focusing more on the Bat family than Batman himself, I'm pretty sure you can read this on it's own)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by coreycwheat View Post
    Hey guys, saw that Batman Dini Omnibus was back up at 11:00 (just stating time in case it is gone when you look at this post) for anyone who still needs to grab it and doesn't want to pay retail.
    Was this IST?

Incredible Member

Was this IST?
    Instock Trades - https://www.instocktrades.com/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Sorry I was asking if the Batman Dini omni was back on IST. I went to check and it wasn’t.

All-New Member

Sorry I was asking if the Batman Dini omni was back on IST. I went to check and it wasn’t.
    Yes, it was IST.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by coreycwheat View Post
    Yes, it was IST.
    Thanks, I missed it. Wish I had seen your post sooner. Oh well.

Incredible Member

My copy of "Batman: The Caped Crusader" volume 5 arrived today and it contains:

Batman 466-473
    Detective Comics 639-640 (The Idiot Root crossover issues)
    No Extras

Posted some pics here
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv....html#p1306226
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv....html#p1306227

Incredible Member

Any rumored plans for a Johns Superman omnibus? Collecting all the Last Son, Origin, Brainiac, LOSH stories. Most were Frank collaborations and I assume their team is hot after Doomsday Clock and Batman E1 vol 3 on the horizon.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Any rumored plans for a Johns Superman omnibus? Collecting all the Last Son, Origin, Brainiac, LOSH stories. Most were Frank collaborations and I assume their team is hot after Doomsday Clock and Batman E1 vol 3 on the horizon.
    I haven't heard any rumors, but I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

While Johns is no longer the golden boy at DC, his stuff still sells well. I can't imagine the idea hasn't crossed someone's mind yet...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES