View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    Anyone else who preorders on amazon.co.uk, noticed that the most recently DC Omnibus’s aren’t available to preorder, despite them being up for a couple of months and only 5 months before they’re due to be released.
    The Joker Omnibus and The Blackest Night 10 year anniversary Omnibus are the two I’m after and what’s odd is, that they’ve been available to preorder on amazon.com for quite a while.
    Seems very strange that they’re not available to preorder yet in the UK.
    Yeah I've noticed that to, its a shame cause I want to pre-order BA Joker Omni, Batman GA omni 7 & Morrison Batman 2 but can't! (there are 3rd party listings showing but you cant actually view them!)

Forbidden Planet & Amazon.com have them for pre-order so not sure whats taking Amazon UK so long to do this, especially as they are due out in the next few months

I must of missed it as I only skim read Black Dossier, but how did Allan Quatermain become young again?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I must of missed it as I only skim read Black Dossier, but how did Allan Quatermain become young again?
    If I remember correctly they dipped into some fountain of youth.
    So I take it you didn't like Black dossier?

I completely understand if people can't be bothered with that volume. I went in with a lot of enthusiasm and ready to swallow whatever bs Moore wants to shove down my throat and I genuinely enjoyed it (except for that free flow part, that was really hard to decipher).

New solicits coming up this month? It's already 19th here.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    If I remember correctly they dipped into some fountain of youth.
    So I take it you didn't like Black dossier?

I completely understand if people can't be bothered with that volume. I went in with a lot of enthusiasm and ready to swallow whatever bs Moore wants to shove down my throat and I genuinely enjoyed it (except for that free flow part, that was really hard to decipher).
    Yeah, wasn’t too keen, the actual comic part was ok, but whenever I got to the prose parts I just couldnt be bothered and just skipped then, call me lazy but when reading a comic I want to read a comic and not a book, and yes, the ending was awful.

Is the next book Century? Back to 1 and 2 or more Black Dossier?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Yeah, wasn’t too keen, the actual comic part was ok, but whenever I got to the prose parts I just couldnt be bothered and just skipped then, call me lazy but when reading a comic I want to read a comic and not a book, and yes, the ending was awful.

Is the next book Century? Back to 1 and 2 or more Black Dossier?
    Century is the next one which has 3 parts but I guess you have the complete hc (called vol III: Century). Then the Nemo books.

LUCIFER OMNIBUS VOL. 1

From the pages of THE SANDMAN, Lucifer Morningstar, the former Lord of Hell, is unexpectedly called back into action when he receives a mission from Heaven. But once he completes his mission, the Prince of Darkness’ demand shakes the foundation of Heaven and Hell. Then, the Lightbringer begins work on a New Creation outside the bounds of any authority but his own. And Lucifer must now face the challenge of single combat to the death with his brother, the angel of the Host Amenadiel. This new Omnibus collects THE SANDMAN PRESENTS: LUCIFER #1-3, LUCIFER #1-35 and LUCIFER: NIRVANA #1.

ABSOLUTE ART OF ADAM HUGHES

This amazing collection features the best of Eisner Award-winning artist Adam Hughes’ covers for DC Comics, including covers for WONDER WOMAN, CATWOMAN and more, plus commentary from the artist, rarely seen preliminary material and even more! This title includes everything from COVER RUN: THE DC COMICS ART OF ADAM HUGHES plus more than 100 additional covers with new commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Antari View Post
    I remember when D C would be Monday and Marvel Tuesday and they would come out the
    third week of the month and before even that both would drop lots f crumbs well before
    official solicitations.
    I know D C dropped there last month on the last week of the month, at the end of the week.
    So I am guessing they will do that again and drop this months solicitations this
    Thursday or Friday (depending on what Marvel does).

I am hoping better picks this time; last months was weak in terms of collected editions.
    Fingers crossed for a few D C and Marvel omnibuses that floor me and a few trades

Hi everyone!

Pretty new to the collecting of comics. I've mostly been doing my reading through my library and such, but I want to buy some myself, especially of characters/runs I like. I already have gotten Death The Deluxe Edition and I now want to know: what's the best way to collect The Sandman series?

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    LUCIFER OMNIBUS VOL. 1

From the pages of THE SANDMAN, Lucifer Morningstar, the former Lord of Hell, is unexpectedly called back into action when he receives a mission from Heaven. But once he completes his mission, the Prince of Darkness’ demand shakes the foundation of Heaven and Hell. Then, the Lightbringer begins work on a New Creation outside the bounds of any authority but his own. And Lucifer must now face the challenge of single combat to the death with his brother, the angel of the Host Amenadiel. This new Omnibus collects THE SANDMAN PRESENTS: LUCIFER #1-3, LUCIFER #1-35 and LUCIFER: NIRVANA #1.

ABSOLUTE ART OF ADAM HUGHES

This amazing collection features the best of Eisner Award-winning artist Adam Hughes’ covers for DC Comics, including covers for WONDER WOMAN, CATWOMAN and more, plus commentary from the artist, rarely seen preliminary material and even more! This title includes everything from COVER RUN: THE DC COMICS ART OF ADAM HUGHES plus more than 100 additional covers with new commentary.
    These are...strange choices, especially considering Carey and Gross's Unwritten deluxe line was abandoned. I have the paperbacks...but I'll probably upgrade.

And an Absolute book that's...just an art book?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    Hi everyone!

Pretty new to the collecting of comics. I've mostly been doing my reading through my library and such, but I want to buy some myself, especially of characters/runs I like. I already have gotten Death The Deluxe Edition and I now want to know: what's the best way to collect The Sandman series?
    Depends on how in depth you want to go and how much you're willing to spend.

The cheapest, most direct method is to get the 10 TPB volumes. They are currently rereleasing new 30th anniversary editions, but you can find earlier editions easily. There are 10 trades that collect the 75 issue series and one special. This comprises the entirety of the main Sandman story. There are, however, follow-ups and spinoffs. These aren't essential to the main Sandman story. That is to say, if you only ever read Volumes 1-10, you'd have a complete and satisfying story.

However, if you fall in love with the series, you can pick up the extra trades. You already have the Death Deluxe, so that takes care of those two miniseries. The other two Gaiman-penned Sandman stories you could get are Endless Nights, Overture, and two versions of The Dream Hunters (an illustrated prose version, and a traditional comic version). A quick look on amazon shows that maybe only the prose version of the Dream Hunters would be hard to find.

There are also two premium formats you can get that will include all of the above material.

The first is the Omnibus format. There are currently two Sandman Omnibus volumes, which collect the main series. There is currently a third volume solicited for April which will collect at least the two Death miniseries, Overture, and the comic version of The Dream Hunters. I can't quickly find confirmation that Endless Nights or the prose version of the Dream Hunters will be collected in this volume, though.

The second is the Absolute format. The entirety of the Gaiman-written Sandman stories, as of right now, are collected in these editions. So if you're looking to get absolutely (heh) everything you can in the same format, this is the best option. The main series is collected in volumes 1-4, Endless Nights, both versions of the Dream Hunters, and a one-off crossover with Sandman Mystery Theatre called Sandman Midnight Theatre is collected in volume 5, Sandman Overture is its own Absolute, and there is also Absolute Death. So in total there are seven Sandman Absolutes you can get. The downside of collecting it in this format, of course, is cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Antari View Post
    The solicits have been „leaked“ (guess people are becoming desperate for attention if they now consider getting hold of and posting Previews a couple of days early an achievement).

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...ations-leaked/

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post

And an Absolute book that's...just an art book?
    Maybe they‘re running out of material for Absolutes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Lucifer getting an omnibus is cool news.
    I read it all in the trades. I may pick this up again in the omnibus format. Great series.