View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1376 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 37687612761326136613721373137413751376137713781379138013861426 ... LastLast
Results 20,626 to 20,640 of 21672
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    I've just finished reading Super: Exile and Other Stories Omnibus. Is there followup to this book or has DC reprinted the issues after this in any format? I've always loved this period of Superman titles
    There's a huge gap before the next omni, which is the "Death and Return" (available in 4 versions!). There are sporadic trades collecting bits and pieces of the Triangle Era, but most of them are out of print.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I flipped through a copy at my shop yesterday. While I love that they're finally going to complete reprinting this masterpiece, I was not sold on the build of the book. It's soooo damn thick! And while gutter loss wasn't too bad, it just felt flimsy and weak. I'm not sure how many re-readings it will hold up to...

I share these concerns, but I missed the omnis when they were released and given the state of DC’s collection department… man, I just don’t see this ever getting collected again. At least no time in the foreseeable future. I feel it’s a risk I’m going to have to take.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    There's a huge gap before the next omni, which is the "Death and Return" (available in 4 versions!). There are sporadic trades collecting bits and pieces of the Triangle Era, but most of them are out of print.
    Thanks for the confirmation. I'd tried searching around but couldn't find anything. I have one of the older versions of Death and Rebirth.

It seems like DC is really missing out on an opportunity here. I'm sure there are others that remember the triangle era as fondly as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation. I'd tried searching around but couldn't find anything. I have one of the older versions of Death and Rebirth.

It seems like DC is really missing out on an opportunity here. I'm sure there are others that remember the triangle era as fondly as I do.
    With the 4th and final Byrne collection coming soon, I'd like to think someone at DC is formulating a plan for the next round of collections... but I also know not to get my hopes up.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Was Kirby's Demon ever come collected in a hardcover/deluxe? I have the recent-ish paperback, but I feel it was collected in something else, or am I imagining that?

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Was Kirby's Demon ever come collected in a hardcover/deluxe? I have the recent-ish paperback, but I feel it was collected in something else, or am I imagining that?
    I've got in hardback, same format as the 4th World, Losers, OMAC books they did a few years ago (heavy newsprint).

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    I've got in hardback, same format as the 4th World, Losers, OMAC books they did a few years ago (heavy newsprint).
    Hmm no I could have sworn something was solicited after the more recent tpb was released?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    The Demon 1-16 is included in the Kirby Bronze Age Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    The Demon 1-16 is included in the Kirby Bronze Age Omnibus.
    This! Thank you!

Newsarama is reporting that DC has announced delays to a number of comics and collected editions due to supply chain issues and shortage in paper supplies - https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-delays...-chain-issues/.

Here are the affected collections and the new due dates:

Batman: No Man's Land Omnibus Vol. 1 - January 11, 2022
    Deathstroke by Christopher Priest Omnibus - October 5
    Justice League Dark: The New 52 Omnibus - November 9
    Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Tabloid Edition) - February 15, 2022
    The Books of Magic Omnibus Vol. 2 - January 11, 2022

There may be others, as the article says 7 collections have been affected, but there are only 5 there. Also, the current release date for the Deathstroke Omni is 5th October, and has been for a while, so that may get a new release date as well.

What are your main sources for upcoming collected editions? Trying to figure out what they'll do with the JLD back ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    What are your main sources for upcoming collected editions? Trying to figure out what they'll do with the JLD back ups.
    The most advanced look comes from DC's book market catalogue which is released a few times a year. The must recent one, covering February 2022 to roughly July 2022 dropped a few weeks back - https://www.edelweiss.plus/#catalogID=4610984&page=1.

The problem with being so far ahead is that sometimes books don't end up being published or details like contents, format or price get changed. A search on Amazon will usually give you the same results

The monthly solicits are more reliable, and usually cover books scheduled for 4/5 months time. Those are on most comic book sites like this one, Newsarama, etc.

As for the specific book you're interested in, assuming you mean the backs up in the Bendis' JL book, there's something scheduled for June next year. So some reason I can't link to the specific book on the book market catalogue, but here's a screenshot:
    JLD.jpg

I believe Ram V mentioned on Twitter that the plan is to collect them in their own volume eventually.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Thanks for info guys! Usually I see that site posted here whenever there's an update but I haven't seen it in a while. (probably just missed it).

I can't believe they have a plan to recollect Talon, from the N52 series. I mean I love it but what an odd choice. Is Talon in anything current? Calvin Rose I mean. It's too bad there's no I, Vampire complete collection. Or Agent of Shade. Looking all the current trades looks weird to me. I have no idea what's happening with the DC world at large. Fear State might as well say "Current Gimmick" by the looks of it.

Thanks for info guys! Usually I see that site posted here whenever there's an update but I haven't seen it in a while. (probably just missed it).

I can't believe they have a plan to recollect Talon, from the N52 series. I mean I love it but what an odd choice. Is Talon in anything current? Calvin Rose I mean. It's too bad there's no I, Vampire complete collection. Or Agent of Shade. Looking all the current trades looks weird to me. I have no idea what's happening with the DC world at large. Fear State might as well say "Current Gimmick" by the looks of it.
    I'd guess the Talon trade has the intention of capitalising on Tynion's name (which is why it's branded as Talon by Tynion). I wonder will that still be the case now that Tynion is no longer exclusive with DC and leaving all his work for hire stuff with them.