View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

What's up with this "binding" issue I'm reading about the Absolute Moore Swamp Thing?

Is it something I should've already noticed? Because I haven't noticed any problmes. What am I supposed to look for, what's the problem exactly? Or are people just bitching because they like to bitch?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Is anyone else disappointed in the paper quality of the Justice League DE?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    What's up with this "binding" issue I'm reading about the Absolute Moore Swamp Thing?

Is it something I should've already noticed? Because I haven't noticed any problmes. What am I supposed to look for, what's the problem exactly? Or are people just bitching because they like to bitch?
    I went through my copy page by page, and haven't noticed any binding issues. Thank god.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

No Omnibuses or deluxes in the DC March 2020 solicitations. A new trend?

Only two alternative OHCs:

BATMAN: LAST KNIGHT ON EARTH OHC
    written by SCOTT SNYDER
    art by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
    cover by GREG CAPULLO
    Twenty years in the future, Bruce Wayne wakes up in Arkham Asylum. Young. Sane. And...he’s never been Batman. So begins this sprawling tale of the Dark Knight as he embarks on a quest through a devastated DC landscape, featuring a massive cast of familiar faces from the DC Universe. As he tries to piece together the mystery of his past, he must unravel the cause of this terrible future and track down the unspeakable force that destroyed the world as he knew it...From the powerhouse creative team of writer Scott Snyder and artist Greg Capullo, the team that reinvented Batman from the emotional depths of Batman: Court of Owls to the epic power of Dark Nights: Metal, DC presents what could be the last Batman story ever told...Collects Batman: Last Knight on Earth #1-3.
    ON SALE 04.01.20
    $29.99 US | 184 PAGES
    APPROX 8.5” x 10.875”
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-9496-0
    DC BLACK LABEL | AGES 17+

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

THE JOKER: 80 YEARS OF THE CLOWN PRINCE OF CRIME OHC
    stories and art by VARIOUS
    new cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    DC celebrates the 80-year history of Batman’s greatest foe, The Joker! This new hardcover includes The Joker’s most memorable appearances, from his 1940 debut in the pages of Batman #1 (1940) to recent classics from top creators including Scott Snyder, Tony S. Daniel, Paul Dini, and more! Discover the stories that shaped the villain into one of pop culture’s most indelible, twisted icons.
    ON SALE 04.29.20
    $29.99 US | 448 PAGES
    7.0625” x 10.875”

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    No Omnibuses or deluxes in the DC March 2020 solicitations. A new trend?
    Rather than publish solicitations that end up being cancelled or incorrect anyway, perhaps they’re just going make the content of all their archival collected editions a surprise. I mean, they’ve already been a surprise in terms of content and build quality but at least this way there’s no inaccurate information being released first and less people getting their hopes up for releases that are inevitably pulled from the schedule. (Again, only half kidding here...)

How does the page quality of the Y the Last Man Omnibus compare to the deluxe editions?

Incredible Member

What do y'all think of Absolute V for Vendetta?

I love the story, but would you say the art benefits from being enlarged or is deluxe hardcover just a good an option?

Nice spine. (Not my pic.)

Last edited by ShooCat; 12-16-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post

The glue of the individual signatures to the backing is coming loose on mine. This happened immediately so if you haven't had this issue yet it hopefully won't happen to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    What do y'all think of Absolute V for Vendetta?

I love the story, but would you say the art benefits from being enlarged or is deluxe hardcover just a good an option?
    One of the few Absolutes I have kept, if you can get it for a reasonable price I think I benefits from the better quality paper

Amazing Member

Does the new printing of Geoff Johns Flash Omnibus contain all the same issues as the original printing or did something get updated, besides the cover that is?

I’m looking for something to add to this weeks IST order for free shipping since the animal man omnibus is 49.99. Not sure I want my bill to double with the flash Omni or just pickup a cheap trade (Sonata maybe??). Any opinions either way would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    Does the new printing of Geoff Johns Flash Omnibus contain all the same issues as the original printing or did something get updated, besides the cover that is?

I’m looking for something to add to this weeks IST order for free shipping since the animal man omnibus is 49.99. Not sure I want my bill to double with the flash Omni or just pickup a cheap trade (Sonata maybe??). Any opinions either way would be appreciated.
    The old edition collected Flash 164-176, plus THE FLASH: OUR WORLDS AT WAR #1, THE FLASH: IRON HEIGHTS and THE FLASH SECRET FILES #3. The new edition collects up to #191 and also includes the DC First: Flash and Superman one-shot, as well as the others listed above.

I found these pictures of the new edition online last night. They're from they're from one of the inkers, so it's safe to say they're legit.

THE-FLASH-BY-GEOFF-JOHNS-OMNIBUS-Volume-One-_57.jpg THE-FLASH-BY-GEOFF-JOHNS-OMNIBUS-Volume-One-51.jpg THE-FLASH-BY-GEOFF-JOHNS-OMNIBUS-Volume-One-_58.jpg

And here's what the new edition looks like underneath the dust jacket.

THE-FLASH-BY-GEOFF-JOHNS-OMNIBUS-Volume-One-_59.jpg THE-FLASH-BY-GEOFF-JOHNS-OMNIBUS-Volume-One-_50.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post

If you've seen the original 3 omnis, the first is very small, then the 2nd and 3rd are larger and equivalent sizes. You would think with the added material in this new vol 1, that the 3 volumes will be more the same size.
    They could also put in Johns' second run (Barry's return), that goes up to (and hopefully including) Flashpoint. I don't think that has been verified, but it would be great if they did that.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.