View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Cheers, and yeah, just found out, it arrived today, nicely put together, second thoughts about getting rid of my Absolute for it, but I’m now committed, as far as the extras, I have rarely found any I have been interested in, ever, so not really bothered about that
    Theres always the Deluxe edition. Same contents as the Absolute, just in over-sized format instead.

Edit: Amazon showing a Hellblazer by Ennis Omnibus!
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 07-22-2019 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Theres always the Deluxe edition. Same contents as the Absolute, just in over-sized format instead.

Edit: Amazon showing a Hellblazer by Ennis Omnibus!
    Saw that also exciting, but I really wish they had just done the whole series vs doing it by writer.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Saw that also exciting, but I really wish they had just done the whole series vs doing it by writer.
    Agreed. I just hope we get more than just 1 or 2 of the big names, otherwise the shelf is gonna look funny. I’m still piecing together the oversized #d tpbs because I kind of gave up hope on an Omni.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    This. I'll stick with the trades until they start collecting the rest of it in omnibus/oversized hardcovers

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    The DKR Modern Classics has been cancelled, so I'd hold off on selling anything until you have the book in your hands.
    Is that entire line dead or just dkr?

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Why is the 4th Deluxe of King's Batman spine black when all 3 before that were white? Anybody know why DC would make such a *@#%-headed decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Is that entire line dead or just dkr?
    It's hard to say for certain what the current status of the line is. They've published one book so far (Watchmen), and cancelled two (Long Halloween and DKR). All-Star Superman is still on the schedule for October, but with DC that could change at any time before publication.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

ABSOLUTE FOURTH WORLD BY JACK KIRBY VOL. 1
    written by JACK KIRBY
    art by JACK KIRBY, VINCE COLLETTA and MIKE ROYER
    new cover by RIAN HUGHES
    For the first time, DC collects Jack Kirby’s legendary run of the Fourth World titles in oversized Absolute editions! These comics spanned galaxies, from the streets of Metropolis to the far-flung twin worlds of New Genesis and Apokolips, as cosmic-powered heroes and villains struggled for supremacy, and the world-conquering Darkseid adventured across Earth for the deadly Anti-Life Equation. Collects SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #133-145, FOREVER PEOPLE #1-6, NEW GODS #1-6, MISTER MIRACLE #1-6, plus extra features.
    ON SALE 05.13.20
    $150.00 US | 8.25” x 12.5” | 816 PAGES

HELLBLAZER BY GARTH ENNIS OMNIBUS
    written by GARTH ENNIS
    art by STEVE DILLON, WILL SIMPSON, DAVID LLOYD and others
    cover by GLENN FABRY
    Before PREACHER, Garth Ennis became a sensation with his acclaimed tales from HELLBLAZER—collected here in omnibus format! In these tales, John Constantine contracts cancer and makes a deal with the devil to save himself. Plus, Constantine encounters the king of vampires, fights fascists and takes a trip to the US—alongside the ghost of JFK. Collects HELLBLAZER #41-50, #52-83, #129-133, HELLBLAZER SPECIAL #1 and HEARTLAND #1.
    ON SALE 04.15.20
    $150.00 US | 1,360 PAGES | FC
    7.0625” x 10.875” | MATURE READERS

DC’S YEAR OF THE VILLAIN OMNIBUS
    story and art by various
    cover by GREG CAPULLO
    The complete collection of DC’s “Year of the Villain” event is here! Following the events of JUSTICE LEAGUE, Lex Luthor takes a major step forward, assembling his Legion of Doom for the final push to replace Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and the rest of the League as the rightful leaders of not only mankind, but the universe itself! From New York Times best-selling author Scott Snyder (DARK NIGHTS: METAL) and some of the best artists anywhere, including Alex Maleev, Francis Manapul, Jim Cheung, Greg Capullo and more! This title collects ACTION COMICS #1017, AQUAMAN #54, BATGIRL #41, BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS #7, BATMAN #82, BATMAN/SUPERMAN #4, BLACK ADAM: YEAR OF THE VILLAIN #1, CATWOMAN #17, DC’S YEAR OF THE VILLAIN #1, DEATHSTROKE #49, DETECTIVE COMICS #1015, THE FLASH #82, HARLEY QUINN #67, HAWKMAN #18, THE JOKER: YEAR OF THE VILLAIN #1, JUSTICE LEAGUE #35, JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #17, JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY #15, LEX LUTHOR: YEAR OF THE VILLAIN #1, NIGHTWING #66, RED HOOD: OUTLAW #40, RIDDLER: YEAR OF THE VILLAIN #1, SUPERGIRL #36, SUPERMAN #17, TEEN TITANS #36, THE TERRIFICS #22, WONDER WOMAN #82 and more!
    ON SALE 03.25.20
    $99.99 US | 864 PAGES
    FC | 7.0625” x 10.875”

ROBIN: THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS
    stories and art by various
    new cover by MIKE GRELL
    The 1970s stories of Batman’s sidekick Robin, now college age, are collected for the very first time! In these stories, Robin has moved out from the shadow of Batman to attend college, where he continues to battle crime. Collecting dozens of stories in which Robin deals with bullying, motorcycle gangs, campus protests and much more. Collects BATMAN #192, #202, #213, #227, #229-231, #234-236, #239, #240-242, #244, #245, #248-250, #252, #254, #259, #333, #337-339 and #341-343; DETECTIVE COMICS #390-391, #394, #395, #398-403, #445, #447, #450, #451 and #481-495; BATMAN FAMILY #1, #3-9 and #11-20; WORLD’S FINEST COMICS #200 and DC COMICS PRESENTS #31 and #58.
    ON SALE 04.22.20
    $125.00 US | 912 PAGES

BATMAN: THE 1989 MOVIE ADAPTATION DELUXE EDITION OHC
    written by DENNIS O’NEIL
    art and cover by JERRY ORDWAY
    In time for the 30th anniversary of the blockbuster movie Batman, DC reprints the official comics adaptation in hardcover for the first time. Written by Dennis O’Neil, the dean of Batman writers, with lush artwork by Jerry Ordway, this story faithfully brings to comics the story from the Academy Award-winning 1989 movie! Collects BATMAN: MOVIE SPECIAL #1, plus high-quality scans of each page of original art presented in black and white to accompany the final colored pages.
    ON SALE 11.20.19
    $19.99 US | 7.0625” x 10.875” | 144 PAGES

THE BOOKS OF MAGIC 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION OHC NEW EDITION
    written by NEIL GAIMAN
    art by JOHN BOLTON, SCOTT HAMPTON, CHARLES VESS and PAUL JOHNSON
    cover by SCOTT HAMPTON
    The classic tale by Neil Gaiman that introduced Tim Hunter to the world is back in a new edition collecting the original four-issue miniseries plus special bonus material. Timothy Hunter could be the most powerful magician in the world, but does he really want to be? John Constantine, Phantom Stranger, Mister E, and Doctor Occult attempt to aid Timothy in choosing his path, but by the time Timothy makes a choice, it may already have been made for him.
    ON SALE 11.20.19
    $29.99 US | 208 PAGES
    FC | 7.0625” x 10.875”

MAN AND SUPERMAN DELUXE EDITION OHC
    written by MARV WOLFMAN
    art and new cover by CLAUDIO CASTELLINI
    Before he became Superman, Clark Kent was living in a cockroach-infested apartment trying to find a job as a reporter in the big city of Metropolis. If he can’t get his life together as Clark Kent, how will he ever become Superman? This new hardcover presents the five-chapter one-shot written by Marv Wolfman with art by Claudio Castellini, plus bonus material include the complete script and an extensive behind-the-scenes section with commentary by Wolfman and Castellini that explores the ten-year journey into the making of this instant classic!
    ON SALE 11.20.19
    $19.99 US | 7.0625” x 10.875” FC | 184 PAGES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    ABSOLUTE FOURTH WORLD BY JACK KIRBY VOL. 1
    written by JACK KIRBY
    art by JACK KIRBY, VINCE COLLETTA and MIKE ROYER
    new cover by RIAN HUGHES
    For the first time, DC collects Jack Kirby’s legendary run of the Fourth World titles in oversized Absolute editions! These comics spanned galaxies, from the streets of Metropolis to the far-flung twin worlds of New Genesis and Apokolips, as cosmic-powered heroes and villains struggled for supremacy, and the world-conquering Darkseid adventured across Earth for the deadly Anti-Life Equation. Collects SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #133-145, FOREVER PEOPLE #1-6, NEW GODS #1-6, MISTER MIRACLE #1-6, plus extra features.
    ON SALE 05.13.20
    $150.00 US | 8.25” x 12.5” | 816 PAGES

Cool! That'll be one big Absolute. Judging from the page count, there will probably be no more than 2.