View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
561. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

    54 9.63%
  • Deluxe

    221 39.39%
  • Omnibus

    228 40.64%
  • Absolute

    125 22.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 256 of 1225 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306356756 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 18368
  1. #3826
    Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatsinaname View Post
    For someone on here familiar with Johns' run - Do you see this collection going into a 4th omnibus?
    Yes. Based on the mapping so far the third omnibus will contain at least GL #53-67, as well as Emerald Warriors #8-10, GLC #58-60 and War of the Green Lanterns Aftermath #1-2 (which are double sized issues). That part of the run is 25 effective issues. For the New 52 era theres GL #0-20, plus GL Annual 1 (double-sized), plus GLC #13-19, GL:NG: #13-19 and RL #13-19. GL #20 is triple sized for 46 effective issues. DC could be smart asses and squeeze it all into a 1600 page book or they could cut chunks out but I think they'll go for two more.
    Miller was right.

  2. #3827
    Rookie Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Yes. Based on the mapping so far the third omnibus will contain at least GL #53-67, as well as Emerald Warriors #8-10, GLC #58-60 and War of the Green Lanterns Aftermath #1-2 (which are double sized issues). That part of the run is 25 effective issues. For the New 52 era theres GL #0-20, plus GL Annual 1 (double-sized), plus GLC #13-19, GL:NG: #13-19 and RL #13-19. GL #20 is triple sized for 46 effective issues. DC could be smart asses and squeeze it all into a 1600 page book or they could cut chunks out but I think they'll go for two more.
    That makes sense, thanks. 1600 would be a pain (e.g., The Invisibles).

  3. #3828
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,448

    Default

    Based on the solicits, I'll pick up the GL Vol. 2 omni and Invisibles. Gives me something to look forward to from the Big 2 as the May solicits from Marvel left me with nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by whatsinaname View Post
    For someone on here familiar with Johns' run - Do you see this collection going into a 4th omnibus?
    It appears to work out that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Widowmaker View Post
    Still hoping for PREACHER and SCALPED to get the Omnibus treatment... oh well.
    Gonna be awhile on Scalped, since it's just coming out in Deluxe HC.

    I think Preacher is still coming out in Deluxe tpbs or it recently wrapped up, so I suppose that's a possibility sooner rather than later, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it didn't come out in Absolute format based on the solicitations for Transmetropolitan and Y: Last Man - two series I didn't expect to get that treatment.

  4. #3829
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    Here are the HCs from the May solicitations:


    GREEN LANTERN BY GEOFF JOHNS OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS, GRANT MORRISON, PETER J. TOMASI and others
    Art by MIKE McKONE, IVAN REIS, PHILIP TAN, DOUG MAHNKE, ED BENES and others
    Cover by IVAN REIS and OCLAIR ALBERT
    On sale JULY 29 • 1,040 pg, FC, $99.99 US
    The second massive volume of GREEN LANTERN tales written by best-selling writer Geoff Johns is here, collecting GREEN LANTERN #26-52, BLACKEST NIGHT #0-7, DC UNIVERSE #0, UNTOLD TALES OF BLACKEST NIGHT #1-2 and BLACKEST NIGHT: TALES OF THE CORPS #1-2. In these stories, Hal Jordan and his comrades must face the threat of the Alpha Lanterns, the rage of the Red Lanterns, the rise of the Black Lanterns, and much more!

    Take note MARVEL, this is how to release a run proper.

  5. #3830
    Fantastic Member Dick Grayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Take note MARVEL, this is how to release a run proper.
    I sure hope it includes Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lanterns #1, especially since it includes "the rage of the Red Lanterns" in the solicit copy.

  6. #3831

    Default

    The two DC books I've recently got are GL Omnibus and New Frontier.

    The GL omnibus is fantastic and the binding is really opening up. So far, I'm really happy with it. Double page spreads open up all the way, the cover is great and the paper is standard.

    New Frontier Deluxe -- WTF? Has this been discussed here? The paper in the book is like the paper in the Knightfall tpbs. It's really terrible and it feels like slightly thicker newsprint. I'm not a big stickler about paper but this stuff isn't just thin - it also feels cheap. Could this be because DC thought it would match the art better or is it just the new paper for DC Deluxes?

  7. #3832
    Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Take note MARVEL, this is how to release a run proper.
    Ehh.... I still say it's wrong for DC to release the omnis without GLC. One books feeds into the other and without its twin Green Lantern loses its sense of scope (and to be honest, most of the time GLC was the better book).
    Miller was right.

  8. #3833
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Ehh.... I still say it's wrong for DC to release the omnis without GLC. One books feeds into the other and without its twin Green Lantern loses its sense of scope (and to be honest, most of the time GLC was the better book).
    I was referring more to the timeframe between releases, but point taken

  9. #3834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    The two DC books I've recently got are GL Omnibus and New Frontier.

    New Frontier Deluxe -- WTF? Has this been discussed here? The paper in the book is like the paper in the Knightfall tpbs. It's really terrible and it feels like slightly thicker newsprint. I'm not a big stickler about paper but this stuff isn't just thin - it also feels cheap. Could this be because DC thought it would match the art better or is it just the new paper for DC Deluxes?
    My first thought when I picked up New Frontier was how light it was for such a thick book. After opening it up, I realized just why. You're right, the paper is very newsprintesque, although a high quality version of such. At first I was rather dissapointed, but on further reflection I wonder if this was a stylistic choice by the collections dept in order to give the book a more silver agey feel. Otherwise, this is an amazing book with a ton of great extras and I can't help but think they would put that much work into putting this together in order to just cheap out on the physical construction. I'll know better once I've given it a read-through if I like it or not, but I'm willing to give the book a pass for now.

  10. #3835
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Harvey View Post
    Sorry to report, my local comic book guy doesn't have another copy of the collection. I will keep an eye out for it. My local comic shop does get the odd gem from time to time. He got the Wolverine Vol. 1 Omnibus out of the blue about seven months back. He had it in stock for about 20 minutes before someone snatched it up.
    Bugger, thanks for trying, though.

  11. #3836
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Take note MARVEL, this is how to release a run proper.
    This forum really needs a "like" button.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    The two DC books I've recently got are GL Omnibus and New Frontier.

    The GL omnibus is fantastic and the binding is really opening up. So far, I'm really happy with it. Double page spreads open up all the way, the cover is great and the paper is standard.
    Agreed. Just finished it.

  12. #3837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher W. View Post
    My first thought when I picked up New Frontier was how light it was for such a thick book. After opening it up, I realized just why. You're right, the paper is very newsprintesque, although a high quality version of such. At first I was rather dissapointed, but on further reflection I wonder if this was a stylistic choice by the collections dept in order to give the book a more silver agey feel. Otherwise, this is an amazing book with a ton of great extras and I can't help but think they would put that much work into putting this together in order to just cheap out on the physical construction. I'll know better once I've given it a read-through if I like it or not, but I'm willing to give the book a pass for now.
    I wondered the same thing. Maybe they did it to better fit the vibe or style - like they did with Abosulute Long Halloween. I thought it worked well for LH but the paper was thicker. This stuff just feels cheap. I guess we'll see with the next deluxe. Whatever the reason they did it - I don't like it.

  13. #3838
    Rookie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Just got the JSA omnibus in today. It's a big and great looking book.

  14. #3839
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Utrecht, Holland
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    And these big TPBs:

    BATMAN: CATACLYSM TP NEW EDITION
    Written by CHUCK DIXON and others
    Art by VARIOUS
    Cover by BRIAN STELFREEZE
    On sale JUNE 10 • 464 pg, FC, $29.99 US
    This new edition of BATMAN: CATACLYSM includes material never collected before from BATMAN #553-554, DETECTIVE COMICS #719-721, BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT #73-74, NIGHTWING #19-20, AZRAEL #40, CATWOMAN #56-57, ROBIN #52-53, BATMAN CHRONICLES #12, BLACKGATE: ISLE OF MEN #1, HUNTRESS/SPOILER: BLUNT TRAUMA #1, BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM: TALES OF MADNESS #1.

    NIGHTWING VOL. 2: ROUGH JUSTICE TP
    Written by CHUCK DIXON
    Art and cover by SCOTT McDANIEL and KARL STORY
    On sale JUNE 10 • 296 pg, FC, $19.99 US
    In these stories from NIGHTWING #9-18 and NIGHTWING ANNUAL #1, Dick Grayson battles Blockbuster, Man-Bat, and the lethal assassin Deathstroke. But neither distance nor time will allow him to escape his past, as Nightwing finds himself once again battling the fear-inducing Scarecrow and working side-by-side with Batman when his mentor pays him an unwelcome visit to check up on him.

    SECRET SIX VOL. 2 TP
    Written by GAIL SIMONE
    Art by NICOLA SCOTT, DOUG HAZLEWOOD and others
    Cover by CLIFF CHIANG
    On sale JUNE 3 • 336 pg, FC, $19.99 US
    Join Catman, Scandal, Deadshot and Ragdoll as they hit the road on the run from some of the world’s most dangerous killers! In this new title collecting SECRET SIX #1-14, a contract has been put out on the lives of the Six, but the team has some tricks – and a whole lot of bullets – up their own sleeves! Then, with Batman’s cowl up for grabs, two of the Secret Six decide they should be the new Dark Knight!
    Secret Six and Nightwing get a vol 2 already? Where are Spectre and Martian Manhunter vol 3?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

  15. #3840
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Secret Six and Nightwing get a vol 2 already? Where are Spectre and Martian Manhunter vol 3?
    exactly what i thought!!! hope st least spectre's run gets fully collected. do we know if the numbers on the first two volumes hold up?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •