View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 630 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1305305806206266276286296306316326336346406807301130 ... LastLast
Results 9,436 to 9,450 of 21671

1. Batman by Snyder/Capullo omnibus
    2. Robin by Chuck Dixon omnibus
    3. Swamp Thing by Alan Moore omnibus
    4. Batman by Morrison omnibus
    5. JLA by Morrison omnibus
    6. Suicide Squad by Ostrander omnibus
    7. Batman Eternal omnibus
    8. Red Robin omnibus (Yost/Bachs/Nicieza)
    9. Catwoman by Brubaker
    10. The Spectre by Ostrander omnibus
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Mine are all Omnibus books. I'm not as big a fan of Absolutes even though I have a few
    1- Flash by Mark Waid vol.1: #62-#100
    2- Green Lantern Mosaic 1-18 + tie ins, a shorter Omnibus but it's John Stewart focused for filler I'd add GL Quarterly 1-8
    3- Batgirl vol.1: Cassandra Cain Batgirl #1-35
    4- Robin by Dixon vol.1: First 3 miniseries(18 issues), ongoing #1-15/16
    5- Flash '87 vol.1: #0 - 35
    6- Nightwing vol.1: '95 miniseries +'96 ongoing #1-34
    7- Firestorm vol.1: '78 #1-5 + '82 #1-36
    8- Knightfall vol.1: contents from soft cover editions
    9- Starman '94 vol.1: A proper, larger Omnibus collection the existing mostly OOP ones I don't like. #0-34
    10- Aquaman The Golden Age vol.1: More Fun Comics('36) #73 up to #107(various issues here of short 8/10pg stories) + Adventure Comics #103 and relevant. I'm sorry I don't know the relevant issues in full.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

As of today the list includes 94 books. Thank you to everyone that has voted. Keep PMing me your lists!

A brief rules clarification. I'm asking for ten books marked 1-10. Each book is given a point value where a number one slot is your most wanted book. For this to work, I can only be given ten books. I too am a completionist, but for the purpose of this poll a two volume absolute does not account for one slot, it accounts for two.

That said, I have received plenty of interest in multi-absolute and omnibus editions. I'm obviously not forbidding such entries, but remember that for a second volume to be published, the first would likely need to be produced first. This inevitably leads to diminished points for subsequent volumes. As an example, once again using Hellblazer, if someone were to request Hellblazer V1 with an unlikely 1-50 as the number 5, it would receive 6 points. An additional volume the the next placement featuring 51-100 would receive 5. The second volumes are less likely to pop up. This is not a complaint, but merely an observation.

Another thing I should mention, I'm not being crazy strict on book structure. For example, if you ask for Hellblazer 1-49 and someone else asks for 1-50, I'm counting it as one book because the difference is minor.

For the record, no one has asked for those volumes, but I figured I'd clear that up.

There are 11 days left to vote!
    Last edited by Enormouse; 06-07-2016 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    A brief rules clarification. I'm asking for ten books marked 1-10. Each book is given a point value where a number one slot is your most wanted book at ten points and number ten is your least wanted book in your list with an assigned point value of one.
    I'm probably just an idiot, but I feel like you're going to get confused people giving you their Top 10 list in reverse order and putting the 10) next to their most wanted omni, etc. Maybe consider editing out this clarification and simply saying the next line.

Spectacular Member

Hello all. Not a lot of action yesterday, but today we press on. I myself have been watching the downpour of Tropical Something-or-another while tallying up our votes thus far and rereading Preacher for the umpteenth time which might have something to do with a certain loose adaptation I've been watching.

All that aside, to clarify a clarification for sake of simplicity, the ten spots for books should feature your most wanted at number 1. One book per slot. Use currently published or solicited books as a guide for length. Any question or comments, please PM me.

There are currently 10 days remaining and I'd like as many entries as possible for the best possible sample. PM me your lists and have a great day.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I'm probably just an idiot, but I feel like you're going to get confused people giving you their Top 10 list in reverse order and putting the 10) next to their most wanted omni, etc. Maybe consider editing out this clarification and simply saying the next line.
    You might be right. I simplified it in my next post. I'm sure you're no idiot and the way I worded it might have been slightly awkward.

Edit: It is now fixed.
    Last edited by Enormouse; 06-07-2016 at 09:15 AM.

Spectacular Member

Im a little bit surprised no one mentioned a fourth world omnibus.

Anyways, I was curious to hear opinions on whether or not the absolute infinite crisis contents (if we know what they are) is sufficient for understanding the event, or if the omnibus as big and bulky and poorly constructed as it is is a better option?

Amazing Member

Just give me my Young Justice omnis and Fables omnis
    Comic, toys and all around geek things from older geeks perspective: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUX...zQaKJKBaqzuNdg

There's so many omnibus ideas I forgot about for my list that I'd buy immediately. Just some examples, Spectre, Aquaman (Peter David), Suicide Squad, Brubaker's Catwoman, a Loeb/Sale Batman/Catwoman; anything by Chuck Dixon that covers the Bat Family.

The list goes on, so I hope DC takes note.

It seems the majority is either Geoff Johns (which I've enjoyed all of them, don't get me wrong) or the Golden, Silver, Bronze collections. I'd personally like a little more diversity.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    Hello all. Not a lot of action yesterday, but today we press on. I myself have been watching the downpour of Tropical Something-or-another while tallying up our votes thus far and rereading Preacher for the umpteenth time which might have something to do with a certain loose adaptation I've been watching.

All that aside, to clarify a clarification for sake of simplicity, the ten spots for books should feature your most wanted at number 1. One book per slot. Use currently published or solicited books as a guide for length. Any question or comments, please PM me.

There are currently 10 days remaining and I'd like as many entries as possible for the best possible sample. PM me your lists and have a great day.
    Have you asked for votes in the DC section of the MMWB? Those guys'll give you a lot of well-considered responses if you do. I don't post there but I do read it sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Anyways, I was curious to hear opinions on whether or not the absolute infinite crisis contents (if we know what they are) is sufficient for understanding the event, or if the omnibus as big and bulky and poorly constructed as it is is a better option?
    Personally? No, I don't think the Absolute is enough to understand all of what is happening and why. Infinite Crisis was massive. And awesome. It touched literally everything in the DCU. It's the kind of event that you can't do successfully every year or even every five years, maybe once a decade but probably less. The omnibus was an awesome read laid out in a great reading order but even it still didn't collect everything I'd have wanted to read alongside it, like Teen Titans. At the very least I think the experience would be greatly diminished without reading what happens with Blue Beetle, Checkmate, Superman, Wonder Woman, and the OMACs before the miniseries itself begins. And I would have definitely been confused by why some things are happening, like with Luthor and the Society.

I would get the omnibus, or, get the omnibus contents in trade, look up the reading order of the omnibus (I think there's an Amazon review that lists it), and read those alongside the Absolute when it comes out. I shelled out for the omnibus on the secondary market last year and I don't regret what I had to pay, it was a fantastic read. Completely worth it.

Oh and you pretty much have to have read Crisis on Infinite Earths beforehand, too.
    Last edited by The Flicker Fade; 06-07-2016 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Oh and you pretty much have to have read Crisis on Infinite Earths beforehand, too.
    Yes, best advice ever for reading Infinite Crisis.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I want an Omnibus of Morrisons Seven Soldiers, Superman DC Comics Presents Omnibus, Sgt. Rock Omnibus, Jonah Hex, Elliot S! Maggin/ Carey Bates Superman.

Amazing Member

I don't think I have 10 but here is what I'd like to see:
    Batman by Snyder
    Batman by Morrison
    Justice League by Johns
    Aquaman By Johns
    Catwoman By Brubacker
    Batman By Loeb

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I want an Omnibus of Morrisons Seven Soldiers, Superman DC Comics Presents Omnibus, Sgt. Rock Omnibus, Jonah Hex, Elliot S! Maggin/ Carey Bates Superman.
    Add a couple more, number them, and PM me a list!
    Quote Originally Posted by mdotluci View Post
    I don't think I have 10 but here is what I'd like to see:
    Batman by Snyder
    Batman by Morrison
    Justice League by Johns
    Aquaman By Johns
    Catwoman By Brubacker
    Batman By Loeb
    You can do it! I believe in you.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Have you asked for votes in the DC section of the MMWB? Those guys'll give you a lot of well-considered responses if you do. I don't post there but I do read it sometimes.
    I have not. What is MMWB? Masterworks Message Board, right? I guess I'll have to make a new account.

That said: 9 days left to vote!