View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1438 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 438938133813881428143414351436143714381439144014411442 ... LastLast
Results 21,556 to 21,570 of 21671
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I wonder how/if the Nightwing and Robin compendiums will line up with the trade paperbacks form a few years ago
    Given the page count and the (possibly unreliable) solicitation copy, kind of looks like at least the first three TPBs of the mid-teens Robin TPBs. Maybe the first four? That's a huge page count (which could also be wrong, I suppose) for both of them, so my guess is they'll blow past the previous TPBs pretty quickly if these are successful
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Hitman omni, and Nightwing and Robin compendiums?? Be still my 90s heart.
    Yeah, but my wallet is already complaining.

Peace

Incredible Member

A lot of awesome stuff there! Would've really preferred content info on a bunch of them.

Wonder why Hitman (a lower seller) is getting an omni but not the much more popular Bat characters like Dick and Tim. Perhaps it's the Dixon connection, and/or that DC would have to commit to multiple volume omnis for both..?
    Last edited by newparisian; 08-05-2023 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    A lot of awesome stuff there! Would've really preferred content info on a bunch of them.

Wonder why Hitman (a lower seller) is getting an omni but not the much more popular Bat characters like Dick and Tim. Perhaps it's the Dixon connection, and/or that DC would have to commit to multiple volume omnis for both..?
    Compendiums first, omnis later? And/or the higher profile for Ennis due to the TV success of The Boys maybe?

Astonishing Member

Ennis Hellblazer and Preacher got omnibus releases. Maybe his name sells enough for DC to continue with Hitman.

Hitman also had greatest hits collection few years ago so there probably is some genuine interest. I doubt that The Demon by Ennis is going to get an omnibus or compendium.

Incredible Member

I guess I was more asking "why not Nightwing?" rather than "why Hitman?"
    I do understand it's a cult fave title. But a Nightwing omni would be printing money.

Astonishing Member

I guess I was more asking "why not Nightwing?" rather than "why Hitman?"
    I do understand it's a cult fave title. But a Nightwing omni would be printing money.
    Superman Post Crisis
    Batman Post Crisis
    Dixon's Robin, Nightwing, Birds of Prey
    Suicide Squad
    Alan Moore Swamp Thing

I figure all of these would be printing money for DC. No idea why they haven't happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Given the page count and the (possibly unreliable) solicitation copy, kind of looks like at least the first three TPBs of the mid-teens Robin TPBs. Maybe the first four? That's a huge page count (which could also be wrong, I suppose) for both of them, so my guess is they'll blow past the previous TPBs pretty quickly if these are successful
    Hoping that A) these compendiums continue to be successful and B) I can keep the first couple trades of Robin and Nightwing and the future volume 2 or 3 lines up where one of the trades leaves off...a guy can hope

Mighty Member

Hoping that A) these compendiums continue to be successful and B) I can keep the first couple trades of Robin and Nightwing and the future volume 2 or 3 lines up where one of the trades leaves off...a guy can hope
    That's what I'm hoping, too - I'm maybe stupidly noting that the upcoming Kyle Rayner one is exactly the first two TPBs they made. It seems so much easier to use the previous mapping from the last tpb run, at least as far as that goes.

If these are successful, I'll double dip the **** out of the Cassandra Cain Batgirl tpbs if we can get that full run in 2 compendiums! Would also be up for Connor Hawke Green Arrow (or even start a little earlier to start right after the Grell omnis), Levitz LoSH, post-ZH LoSH, and post-Reign of Superman Triangle Era in this format whenever DC wants to give them to us.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    That's what I'm hoping, too - I'm maybe stupidly noting that the upcoming Kyle Rayner one is exactly the first two TPBs they made. It seems so much easier to use the previous mapping from the last tpb run, at least as far as that goes.

If these are successful, I'll double dip the **** out of the Cassandra Cain Batgirl tpbs if we can get that full run in 2 compendiums! Would also be up for Connor Hawke Green Arrow (or even start a little earlier to start right after the Grell omnis), Levitz LoSH, post-ZH LoSH, and post-Reign of Superman Triangle Era in this format whenever DC wants to give them to us.
    I've always complained about DC interrupting their TPB collections midrun (Legionnaires, DnA's Legion, Ostrander's Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern Kyle Rayner, etc...). I'll be a very happy camper if they use these compendiums to rectify this.

Peace

Definitely looking forward to Hitman omnibus (probably my most-wanted book that's left to be collected in Omi), but only if they commit to a 2nd volume. Would hate to get the first one, and not be able to finish off the run.

Um, i wonder if Poison Ivy's 3rd deluxe tpb will have the Knight Terrors tie-ins

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Definitely looking forward to Hitman omnibus (probably my most-wanted book that's left to be collected in Omi), but only if they commit to a 2nd volume. Would hate to get the first one, and not be able to finish off the run.
    I custom bound Hitman knowing that official Omnis were inevitable, but I was concerned that The Demon issues may not be included. Every Hitman app must in The Demon must be in the Omni if I were to consider the official Omnibuses. Also, I included Hitman's invitation to join JLA, which I predict the official Omnis won't include since Morrison wrote that JLA comic (JLA #5).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I was on the fence, but I went ahead and ordered the Batman Detective Tomasi Omnibus.
    Haven't read it, but looks really good!

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Every Hitman app must in The Demon must be in the Omni if I were to consider the official Omnibuses.
    Prtty sure those Demon issues will be included, especially since it's from the same creative team.