View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
597. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

    58 9.72%
  • Deluxe

    239 40.03%
  • Omnibus

    243 40.70%
  • Absolute

    135 22.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1289 of 1295 FirstFirst ... 289789118912391279128512861287128812891290129112921293 ... LastLast
Results 19,321 to 19,335 of 19425
  1. #19321
    Spectacular Member Seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    AR, USA
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Good info, thanks. I'm still watching for a Volume 1 omnibus that is either cheap or verified as a second printing.

  2. #19322
    Spectacular Member Dr Hank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Did the Wonder Woman by Gail Simone omnibus actually get released or was it delayed? Doesn't seem to be available anywhere.

  3. #19323
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Did the Wonder Woman by Gail Simone omnibus actually get released or was it delayed? Doesn't seem to be available anywhere.
    Released in March 2020. At least in Germany it's still available:

    https://www.amazon.de/Wonder-Woman-G...4290405&sr=8-2

  4. #19324
    Spectacular Member Dr Hank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    Released in March 2020. At least in Germany it's still available:

    https://www.amazon.de/Wonder-Woman-G...4290405&sr=8-2
    Interesting, seems to have disappeared in the US. Thanks for the link.

  5. #19325
    Mighty Member Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,800

    Default

    I got it in the UK at release time. It's very nice
    "Live a poem... or die a fool!"

  6. #19326
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Finally picked up the Lucifer Omnibus, the binding was separating a little bit so I ordered a replacement instead of trying to reglue it. My replacement came in, and to my surprise, the binding on this version was awful. Super tight compared to the first, and upon closer inspection it turns out this new one is a second print.

    So fyi guys from my limited exposure it seems that the second printing has an inferior binding to the first printing. I could have just gotten a lemon but the way DC makes decisions with collected editions I wouldn't be surprised.

  7. #19327
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    There appears to be four paperbacks available. I found the first one at a LCS and picked it up. That's what spurred my interest in the full omni.

    Thanks, i'll check those out

  8. #19328
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    These are available digital only. The printed versions of these paperbacks are from 2009/2010 and are long OOP now.

    There's a new paperback series which started 2020:

    https://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu...4227889&sr=8-1

    Book 2 is annouced for 2021:

    https://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu...4227975&sr=8-1

    Of course, like 90% of all DC paperback series, this will be simply cancelled at some point and remain incomplete, so better buy the Omnibus ...
    Thanks, I'll see if IST has it for cheaper too.

  9. #19329
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Finally picked up the Lucifer Omnibus, the binding was separating a little bit so I ordered a replacement instead of trying to reglue it. My replacement came in, and to my surprise, the binding on this version was awful. Super tight compared to the first, and upon closer inspection it turns out this new one is a second print.

    So fyi guys from my limited exposure it seems that the second printing has an inferior binding to the first printing. I could have just gotten a lemon but the way DC makes decisions with collected editions I wouldn't be surprised.
    Wanted to get this Lucifer Omnibus but I instead got the 5 tpbs that they put out and Iím really happy with them.

  10. #19330
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Interesting, seems to have disappeared in the US. Thanks for the link.
    I ordered mine back in March from IST and have almost finished reading it. It was available all over for a few months but might have dried up by now. It seems like a lot of DC books that were available everywhere are starting to disappear (JSA 3, etc...), not sure if it is due to the Diamond situation or if places are legitimately running out of stock.

  11. #19331
    Mighty Member ER Prest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    I bought it......haven't cracked it yet, but I own all the content inside in singles and a few trades. I like Wagner alot.
    It's standard trim size, right?

  12. #19332
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Yes it is, I've not opened it yet either though.

  13. #19333
    Mighty Member ER Prest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMad View Post
    Yes it is, I've not opened it yet either though.
    Bummer. I remember reading Mad Monk and Monster Men waaay back when the came out and enjoying them. If this was oversized, I'd be all over it. I'll wait for a tpb version of it

  14. #19334
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    589

    Default

    3 new PRH finds from the MMW board:

    Who's Who Omnibus Vol. 1
    http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779505996

    The Amazing World of Superman (Tabloid Edition)
    http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779509185

    Batman: A Death in the Family The Deluxe Edition
    http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779509178

    Looking forward to the Who's Who omni!

  15. #19335
    Spectacular Member Seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    AR, USA
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    3 new PRH finds from the MMW board:

    Who's Who Omnibus Vol. 1
    http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779505996

    The Amazing World of Superman (Tabloid Edition)
    http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779509185

    Batman: A Death in the Family The Deluxe Edition
    http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779509178

    Looking forward to the Who's Who omni!
    I'm definitely in for the Who's Who!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •