View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1442 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 44294213421392143214381439144014411442144314441445 LastLast
Results 21,616 to 21,630 of 21671

Is there any announcement for Flash by Mark Waid Omnibus, vol. 2 ?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dc still hasn't bothered to confirm what contents are in the Wonder Woman Golden Age omnibus 6.

So, asuming the average pages by number is 34, the omnibus is suposed to have 696 pages, and there won't be any more aditional contents (sensation comics ended on omnibus 5) then I asume there'll be 18 to 19 numbers of the Wonder Woman series in here, making it so that the omnibus 6 covers the time span between july of 1951 and may-mid 1954.

However, if they want to really get on the point where the Silver Age omnibuses start (number 98, may 1958) they should really make more pages to cover these comics in just two omnibuses and leave the Golden Age collection in 7 tomes, as the latest 3 ones, entirely written by Robert Kanigher, are neither as good or as popular as the first 4 omnibuses written by Marston and Hummel. (and dont have the "New Age" energy to bolster the sales)

Also, Ive already thought on how they could place the omnibuses for the Bronze Age, asuming theyd have 800 page-ish each:

WONDER WOMAN BRONZE AGE VOL 1

204-1.jpg

Wonder Woman numbers 204-232, DC Comics Presents 9, the Brave and the bold 131

This would include several hits, like Nubia's first appereance with Kanigher's return, the Twelve labors arc, and the Martin Pasko run. To make it more marketeable, it should have Nubia's first appereance as the main cover. Or perhaps the cover for 213, as it features the most famous arc from the Bronze Age, the twelve Labours.

WONDER WOMAN BRONZE AGE VOL 2

253-1.jpg

Wonder Woman numbers 233-258, + All-New Collectors' Edition Vol 1 C-54, DC comics presents 32, DC Retroactive: Wonder Woman – The '80s, World's Finest 251, 252,the Brave and the bold 131, 140, DC Spetial 9, Adventure comics 461,

It's gery Conway time, baby! Here enter the first non-Wonder Woman comic that I know about, which was published during the same time that Conway started his run on Wondy taking her to WWII (bronze age wonder woman was nuts) I had my doubts, but it seems most likely to leave it in 26 numbers for this omnibus, so that it stops before Conway's second run. the easiest cover is either this one, or the one from number 237, as its ominous enough.

(NOTE: if DC wants to cut material from somewhere, it seems easy to just leave this omnibus with the Gerry Conway stuff, leaving it at 242, or leave it at Pasko's run at 254, so that the Levitz numbers are added in vol 3, while it would end at some where between 286 or 287. Any cut on this omnibuses should consider that a lot of this stuff was done by Jack harris, so it would make the most sense to consider it all a definite pack that souldn't be separated)

WONDER WOMAN BRONZE AGE VOL 3

288-1.jpg

Wonder Woman numbers 259-295, DC Comics Presents 41, brave and the bold 158, 172

The second Conway run plus some actually interesting stuff, like a crossover with Teen titans written by Wolfman, plus Roy Thomas brief tenure and the first oficial credits for women in the title. It can be entirely possible to put so many numbers in a same omnibus because here we start having back-ups starring Huntress that could leave the main series on a 18-23 pages basis. The Huntress numbers should be published totally apart, making this compresion more possible, alltho I dont know about the Donna troy features. For the cover, it's easier to think it will be number 269, they should avoid taking one with the Huntress back-up anounced

WONDER WOMAN BRONZE AGE VOL 4

Wonder Woman numbers 296-329, DC Comics Presents 76

Sadly, it's not possible to put all the Gene Colan material in a same omnibus, as it's already compromising to put son many numbers in the same omnibus. but it's really fair to at least expect the latest two years of Earth 1 Wonder Woman to be put together on the same omnibus, plus perhaps some pages from CoIE. For the cover, what else but the one from the latest number itself, 329, by JLGL? It's really very iconic (cbr doesnt leave me to put more than 3 images, but you know of what Im talking about)

(NOTE: second cut is harder, but DC could technically cut vol 3-4 at number 295, end of Roy Thomas run, so they can milk out a new tome. But me, personally, I prefer this composition of 4 omnibuses of 800-ish pages more than 5 with 600-ish pages. Other cuts get weirder, as they would require to mutilate Dan Mishkin's long run)

Volumes 3 and 4 leave me doubtful, as in theory there's too much stuff for just 2 omnibuses, but there really isn't enough for a third one. At most, there must be 1400 pages, see the problem? If they want they could cut material from the first 3 omnibuses to leave them on 600-ish pages so the maths apply, one can only guess at this point. I think I've put all relevant Wonder Woman stories from the time (mostly the ones with the same contemporary creative times) but I may be leaving something outside? If anyone knows, point it out to me.
    Last edited by Garrac; 01-15-2024 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by out of control View Post
    Is there any announcement for Flash by Mark Waid Omnibus, vol. 2 ?
    Waiting on this myself. I haven’t heard any sort of confirmation yet, but I think we’ll ultimately see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Waiting on this myself. I haven’t heard any sort of confirmation yet, but I think we’ll ultimately see it.
    Man, they sure take their sweet time...
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

A Batman by Chuck Dixon Omnibus line or any collection of the 80s and 90s issues would be most welcome. I love all the two parters and the rogues gallery and even the Batfamily was used so damn well. Maybe its just too many issues or cross overs with other books or Dixon is too controversial but those issues aged well and they will always be favorites of mine.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I started reading John Ostrander's Spectre series online. It's incredible. I would love to see it get the omnibus treatment. They could get the whole run in 2 omnis easy.

How does DC make their decisions on who and what characters should get an omnibus collection?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I started reading John Ostrander's Spectre series online. It's incredible. I would love to see it get the omnibus treatment. They could get the whole run in 2 omnis easy.

How does DC make their decisions on who and what characters should get an omnibus collection?
    Too bad DC only put out two TPBs collection of it. I've wanted SO much to see a third volume.

Peace

Incredible Member

A question regarding the Question omnibus vol 2:

I have vol 1 but haven't read it yet. I'd only known this run by reputation and had bought it sight unseen. Vol 2 comes out today. Is it necessary to get it to finish the story from vol 1, like how Hickman's Avengers and Aaron's Thor are two volume sets?? I'm trying to cut back on omni purchases but the Question also seems like a niche character that wouldn't get a big print run or get reprinted anytime soon. So is vol 2, even if it may be good in its own right, necessary to finish whatever story may have started in vol 1??

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    A question regarding the Question omnibus vol 2:

I have vol 1 but haven't read it yet. I'd only known this run by reputation and had bought it sight unseen. Vol 2 comes out today. Is it necessary to get it to finish the story from vol 1, like how Hickman's Avengers and Aaron's Thor are two volume sets?? I'm trying to cut back on omni purchases but the Question also seems like a niche character that wouldn't get a big print run or get reprinted anytime soon. So is vol 2, even if it may be good in its own right, necessary to finish whatever story may have started in vol 1??
    Yes Volume 2 is essential.
    The full, core run went from issues #1-36. Denny Oneil and Denys Cowen worked on every issue of the main run. The other random issues are annuals and years later followups that came out sporadically - but 1-36 is the full core story.

Omni#1 went from issues 1-27.
    Omni#2 issues 28-36 and the extra followups.

All I can say is - the original Question TPBs are nearly impossible to find these days. So the chances of this ever seeing a reprint are slim.

I hear you about cutting back - Ive really narrowed down my collecting to precise pinpoint "yes I will re-read this for years to come" type stuff.
    Many Batman, Superman, more popular stuff will see re-releases in many different formats and be constantly reprinted -
    But for the Question - yeah this release is pretty special, and rare.

DC has a history of abandoning certain lines and not printing the full story - and they (deservedly) catch hell when they do it. But its good to show praise when they actually do print up an obscure run to completion.
    Last edited by Destro777; 02-07-2024 at 04:06 AM.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Yes Volume 2 is essential.
    The full, core run went from issues #1-36. Denny Oneil and Denys Cowen worked on every issue of the main run. The other random issues are annuals and years later followups that came out sporadically - but 1-36 is the full core story.

Omni#1 went from issues 1-27.
    Omni#2 issues 28-36 and the extra followups.

All I can say is - the original Question TPBs are nearly impossible to find these days. So the chances of this ever seeing a reprint are slim.

I hear you about cutting back - Ive really narrowed down my collecting to precise pinpoint "yes I will re-read this for years to come" type stuff.
    Many Batman, Superman, more popular stuff will see re-releases in many different formats and be constantly reprinted -
    But for the Question - yeah this release is pretty special, and rare.

DC has a history of abandoning certain lines and not printing the full story - and they (deservedly) catch hell when they do it. But its good to show praise when they actually do print up an obscure run to completion.
    Gotcha. I'll have myself a think on it.
    Thanks!

Astonishing Member

https://www.comicsbeat.com/dc-versus...s-collections/

Coming in August 2024

DC VS. MARVEL OMNIBUS

collecting: Batman/Captain America #1, Batman/Daredevil #1, Batman/Punisher: Lake of Fire #1, Batman/Spider-Man #1, Daredevil/Batman #1, DC Special Series #27, Darkseid vs. Galactus: The Hunger #1, Green Lantern/Silver Surfer: Unholy Alliances #1, Incredible Hulk vs. Superman #1, Marvel and DC Present Featuring the Uncanny X-Men and the New Teen Titans #1, Marvel Treasury Edition #28, Punisher/Batman: Deadly Knights #1, Silver Surfer/Superman #1, Spider-Man and Batman #1, Superman vs. the Amazing Spider-Man #1, and Superman/Fantastic Four #1.

Note: DC Special Series #27 is the Batman and Hulk crossover. Marvel Treasury Edition is the second Superman and Spider-Man crossover. JLA/Avengers is not included.

and

DC/MARVEL: THE AMALGAM AGE OMNIBUS

collecting: DC Versus Marvel #1-4, DC/Marvel: All Access #1-4, Unlimited Access #1-4, Bat-Thing #1, Bruce Wayne: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1, Bullets and Bracelets #1, Challengers of the Fantastic #1, Doctor Strangefate #1, Iron Lantern #1, Legends of the Dark Claw #1, Lobo the Duck #1, Speed Demon #1, Spider-Boy #1, Super Soldier #1, Thorion of the New Asgods #1, X-Patrol #1, and more, plus a treasure trove of behind-the-scenes material.

Note: There are 24 Amalgam one shots. Not all are listed, but probably fall under the "and more" category.

No word on crossovers involving Wildstorm, Aliens, or Predator.

Mighty Member

Hell yeah! I'm pretty pumped about both of these
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Maybe this means we will have a new crossover soon. I would love a Modern one.

(I still think that if it ever happens it will be because of Epic and Fortnite)

Incredible Member

New solicit - The Batman and Robin Adventures Omnibus

https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=9781779527370#

Author Paul Dini, Ty Templeton, Hilary J. Bader
    Illustrated by Rick Burchett, Various

HARDCOVER
    $75.00 US
    DC Comics
    On sale Jul 09, 2024 | 904 Pages | 978-1-77952-737-0
    | Rated T

The Caped Crusader and Boy Wonder return for another rousing round of adventures in this companion volume to The Batman Adventures Omnibus!

Collects The Batman & Robin Adventures #1-25, The Batman & Robin AdventuresAnnual #1-2, The Batman Adventures: The Lost Years #1-5, and The Batman &Robin Adventures: Sub-Zero #1, and more!