View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

ABSOLUTE DEATH HC NEW EDITION
    written by NEIL GAIMAN
    art by CHRIS BACHALO, MIKE DRINGENBERG, DAVE McKEAN and others
    cover by DAVE McKEAN
    The tales of Morpheus’ big sister, Death, are collected in this Absolute edition! In these stories, Death befriends a teenager and helps a 250-year-old homeless woman find her missing heart. Then, a rising star of the music world wrestles with revealing her true sexual orientation just as her lover is lured into the realm of Death. Collects THE SANDMAN #8 and #20, DEATH: THE HIGH COST OF LIVING #1-3 and DEATH: THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE #1-3, plus the DEATH TALKS ABOUT LIFE AIDS pamphlet, stories from VERTIGO: WINTER’S EDGE #2 and THE SANDMAN: ENDLESS NIGHTS, the story “The Wheel” from the 9/11 tribute book and art from the DEATH GALLERY!
    ON SALE 01.01.20
    $99.99 US | 8.25” x 12.5” | 360 PAGES

BATMAN: BLACK AND WHITE OMNIBUS
    stories and art by NEAL ADAMS, BRIAN AZZARELLO, LEE BERMEJO, BRIAN BOLLAND, ED BRUBAKER, JOHN BUSCEMA, CLIFF CHIANG, DARWYN COOKE, PAUL DINI, WARREN ELLIS, HARLAN ELLISON, NEIL GAIMAN, DAVE GIBBONS, ADAM HUGHES, GEOFF JOHNS, DAVE JOHNSON, JIM LEE, DWAYNE McDUFFIE, SEAN MURPHY, DENNIS O’NEIL, PAUL POPE, ALEX ROSS, WALTER SIMONSON, RYAN SOOK, BRUCE TIMM and others
    cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    Presented in stark black and white, these tales delve into the darkest corners of Batman’s psyche, while pitting him against his greatest foes. With stories and art by a stellar lineup of comics talent including Neil Gaiman, Jim Lee and dozens of others, this title collects stories from Black and White #1-4, Batman: Black and White #1-6 and stories from Batman: Gotham Knights #1-49.
    ON SALE 01.22.20
    $125.00 US | 912 PAGES | B&W

SWAMP THING BY NANCY A. COLLINS OMNIBUS
    written by NANCY A. COLLINS
    art by TOM MANDRAKE, SHAWN McMANUS, JAN DUURSEMA, SCOT EATON and others
    cover by MICHAEL ZULLI
    In these 1990s tales written by critically acclaimed Bram Stoker Award-winning horror novelist Nancy A. Collins, a mad priest has come to Houma to test his followers with a fatal poison, and Swamp Thing must stop him before things go too far. Then, Swamp Thing finds himself a surprise candidate for governor of Louisiana. And when Swamp Thing must save Abigail Arcane and their daughter, Tefé, from the murderous dream-pirates of Dark Conrad, who’s he gonna call? John Constantine! Collects SWAMP THING #110-139 and ANNUAL #6 and #7, BLACK ORCHID #5, and a story from VERTIGO JAM #1, plus never-before-published behind-the-scenes material.
    ON SALE 01.08.19 | $125.00 US | 968 PAGES

JUSTICE: THE DELUXE EDITION OHC
    written by JIM KRUEGER and ALEX ROSS
    art by ALEX ROSS and DOUG BRAITHWAITE
    cover by ALEX ROSS
    The best-selling 12-issue series illustrated by Alex Ross is now available as a new deluxe edition hardcover! The villains of the Legion of Doom—led by Lex Luthor and Brainiac—band together to save the world after a shared dream that seems to be a vision of the Earth’s demise. They are confronted by the Justice League of America, who doubt their motives—and as their true plans unfold, the two teams do battle. Contains over 100 pages of bonus material!
    ON SALE 08.07.19
    $49.99 US | 7.0625” x 10.875”
    496 PAGES | FC

WONDER WOMAN YEAR ONE DELUXE EDITION OHC
    written by GREG RUCKA
    art by NICOLA SCOTT and BILQUIS EVELY
    cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    The team of writer Greg Rucka and artist Nicola Scott weave the definitive and shocking tale of Diana’s first year as Earth’s protector. Paradise Island has been breached, Ares stirs and the Amazons must answer with a champion of their own...one who is willing to sacrifice her home among her sisters to save a world she has never seen. Wonder Woman’s journey begins in this epic origin story! Collects WONDER WOMAN #2, #4, #6, #8, #10, #12 and #14, plus a story from WONDER WOMAN ANNUAL #1.
    ON SALE 08.21.19
    $29.99 US | 192 PAGES

Another cancellation:

"Orders are cancelled for the GREEN LANTERN/GREEN ARROW: HARD TRAVELING HEROES TP. This material is still available for order in the GREEN LANTERN/GREEN ARROW: HARD TRAVELING HEROES DELUXE EDITION HC."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Another cancellation:

"Orders are cancelled for the GREEN LANTERN/GREEN ARROW: HARD TRAVELING HEROES TP. This material is still available for order in the GREEN LANTERN/GREEN ARROW: HARD TRAVELING HEROES DELUXE EDITION HC."
    I had this one preordered. I can't imagine working in such an erratic, bipolar environment as DC must be right now. AT&T will one day be writ as the devil that destroyed many years of IP built by others.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    It sure looks that way:

ALL-STAR COMICS: ONLY LEGENDS LIVE FOREVER TP
    written by PAUL LEVITZ and GERRY CONWAY
    art by JOE STATON, BOB LAYTON, WALLACE WOOD, KEITH GIFFEN and others
    cover by JOE STATON and DICK GIORDANO
    The classic 1970s run of the Justice Society of America is now collected in a single volume from the pages of ALL-STAR COMICS #58-74, ADVENTURE COMICS #461-466 and DC SPECIAL #29! Witness the continuing adventures of the Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Doctor Fate and Wildcat as they’re joined by younger heroes Robin, Power Girl and Star-Spangled Kid to battle the Psycho-Pirate, the immortal Vandal Savage, the Injustice Society and more.
    ON SALE 08.28.19
    $34.99 US | 448 PAGES
    I'd prefer to have a HB or Omnibus collection of this but I may pick it up anyway. PLEASE do a proper Omnibus for All-Star Squadron!

cover by MICHAEL ZULLI
    In these 1990s tales written by critically acclaimed Bram Stoker Award-winning horror novelist Nancy A. Collins, a mad priest has come to Houma to test his followers with a fatal poison, and Swamp Thing must stop him before things go too far. Then, Swamp Thing finds himself a surprise candidate for governor of Louisiana. And when Swamp Thing must save Abigail Arcane and their daughter, Tefé, from the murderous dream-pirates of Dark Conrad, who’s he gonna call? John Constantine! Collects SWAMP THING #110-139 and ANNUAL #6 and #7, BLACK ORCHID #5, and a story from VERTIGO JAM #1, plus never-before-published behind-the-scenes material.
    This is an intriguing one. I'm holding off on the Moore/Veitch Absolutes until the inevitable Omnibus, but I didn't expect to see an entirely different Swamp Thing run collected in that format in the meantime. And one that's never been collected before, no less! That's gotta be pretty rare-- an entire run going straight from monthly to Omnibus format after a nearly 30 year gap.

Question: If I have the Death: Deluxe Edition, is it even worth it to go for the new edition of Absolute Death?

D C releasing a Rucka Wonder Woman year one deluxe is another
    Example (to me ) of why they have had great difficulty with
    There collected edition program.
    They just can not get out of there own way of thinking
    If this sold well than surely we can re-box it and it will
    Sell again. How many times are they going to offer
    Watchmen or Adams Green Lantern ?
    I see they may not release Justice League Of
    America Bronze Age omnibus vol.3, but than
    Have no problem of offering the same people
    Who supported vol 1 and 2 a deluxe version
    With selected stories from them.
    Again they kill off any Hitman motivation
    With a book featuring selected storeis.
    Why is it Image and Dark Horse and Dynamite
    Can release runs and never ever resort to
    Cherry picking stories?

It sure looks that way:

ALL-STAR COMICS: ONLY LEGENDS LIVE FOREVER TP
    written by PAUL LEVITZ and GERRY CONWAY
    art by JOE STATON, BOB LAYTON, WALLACE WOOD, KEITH GIFFEN and others
    cover by JOE STATON and DICK GIORDANO
    The classic 1970s run of the Justice Society of America is now collected in a single volume from the pages of ALL-STAR COMICS #58-74, ADVENTURE COMICS #461-466 and DC SPECIAL #29! Witness the continuing adventures of the Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Doctor Fate and Wildcat as they’re joined by younger heroes Robin, Power Girl and Star-Spangled Kid to battle the Psycho-Pirate, the immortal Vandal Savage, the Injustice Society and more.
    ON SALE 08.28.19
    $34.99 US | 448 PAGES

Wish they’d done it as an Omnibus and also put The Last Days of the JSA in it also.
    Got them all still from when they originally came out, but will be tempted to get this.
    Oh they should also put DC Super-Stars 17 in as well.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post
    This is an intriguing one. I'm holding off on the Moore/Veitch Absolutes until the inevitable Omnibus, but I didn't expect to see an entirely different Swamp Thing run collected in that format in the meantime. And one that's never been collected before, no less! That's gotta be pretty rare-- an entire run going straight from monthly to Omnibus format after a nearly 30 year gap.
    This book is a prime candidate for cancellation, so be sure to pre-order if you want it to actually see print!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post
    cover by MICHAEL ZULLI

I spot read Swamp Thing in the 90s. I probably read a few of these but I wasn't buying the title with any regularity.
    If this makes it to market I'll buy it for sure.
    I agree about the monthly to Omni format with a 30yr gap observation. The only possible exception would be the material in the current volumes of the Batman/Superman/WonderWoman Golden Age Omnis that were never collected in the Archives editions I suppose.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    This book is a prime candidate for cancellation, so be sure to pre-order if you want it to actually see print!
    You are sadly correct. But these days, is anything outside the reprints/Batman safe from cancelation?

Its still surprising they would release this in Omni form, instead of fat TPBs. They still have yet to collect Wheeler's ST as well. I hope for the new DCTV they also rerelease Andy Diggle's run.