View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Maybe the recoloring took longer than they thought?
    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    someone posted in the FB group that he met DiDio at a con and he said the pages weren't ready.
    Good to know. Glad they pushed it out a bit in order to get it right, rather than cancel it outright.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    You have to search for it on google then click on the amazon link, here is Vol 1

https://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu.../dp/1401268064
    That link is for the BRONZE age omnibus, I’m looking for the Silver Age Volume 1! Lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Quick question guys, I see on amazon there’s a Justice League of America Silver Age Omnibus Volume 2, however where is Volume 1? There’s one just labelled Justice League of America Omnibus Volume 1 with the purple cover, (here’s the link: https://www.amazon.ca/Justice-League...onnibus&sr=8-3) would that be silver age volume 1?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    That link is for the BRONZE age omnibus, I’m looking for the Silver Age Volume 1! Lol
    Thi is the Silver Age JLA 1 omnibus https://www.amazon.co.uk/Justice-Lea...87Q8BE1BZ4ZA2W

Just an FYI that there is a good chance that DC will reissue Silver Age JLA 1 with a new dust jacket to match the other "___ Age omnis" which they have already done with both SA Flash 1 & SA Green Lantern 1

How would you guys rate Warren Ellis Transmetropolitan?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    How would you guys rate Warren Ellis Transmetropolitan?
    Good book, worth a read (not at absolute-format prices), not Ellis' best work (but far from his worst).
    Starts strong, flabby middle, gets better than sorta peters out at the end.

Any word on the next Flash Silver Omnibus? Or are they going to call the next one Bronze?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Thi is the Silver Age JLA 1 omnibus https://www.amazon.co.uk/Justice-Lea...87Q8BE1BZ4ZA2W

Just an FYI that there is a good chance that DC will reissue Silver Age JLA 1 with a new dust jacket to match the other "___ Age omnis" which they have already done with both SA Flash 1 & SA Green Lantern 1
    Thanks for the help! I had a feeling that was Silver Age Volume 1, but found it weird that it wasn’t labelled as such.

Quote Originally Posted by mhanna885 View Post
    Any word on the next Flash Silver Omnibus? Or are they going to call the next one Bronze?
    Curious about this as well. The next GL would be the O'Neil/Adams run right? Not sure if that would be Silver or Bronze though.
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Got the Wonder Woman by Phil Jimenez Omnibus yesterday, and it's an absolutely beautiful tome!

Jimenez writes the whole thing, and does his wonderfully detailed art for about 2/3 of the book, and the fill-in artists are no slouch either. The omni has nice thick pages, shiny/matte hybrid paper, some decent extras. A great looking wrap-around cover under the dust-jacket, with a nice collage of character from the book in it. Great binding, etc.

Definitely one of the best omnis put out by DC. HIGHLY recommended!

Got the Wonder Woman by Phil Jimenez Omnibus yesterday, and it's an absolutely beautiful tome!

Jimenez writes the whole thing, and does his wonderfully detailed art for about 2/3 of the book, and the fill-in artists are no slouch either. The omni has nice thick pages, shiny/matte hybrid paper, some decent extras. A great looking wrap-around cover under the dust-jacket, with a nice collage of character from the book in it. Great binding, etc.

Definitely picking this up. Gotta get V.3 of the Perez run as well. Umph, my wallet. I'll probably buckle and get that Azzerello omni as well, but I need to figure out how to get rid of my tpbs.

Amazing Member

Thanks for your feedback.

Does it require any prior knowledge? I currently only have the first Perez omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    Thanks for your feedback.

Does it require any prior knowledge? I currently only have the first Perez omnibus.
    Nah, the one you have is plenty.

Spectacular Member

I've been hunting for Fables in deluxe format for a couple of months, having picked up about half already. I've just noticed that volume 4 has shot up in price recently and may even have become OOP. Do these deluxe's get reissued? I'm guessing the answer is no, but I live in hope. I really don't want to have to pay four or five times the price of the other volumes if I don't have to!

Instocktrades as it for $17.39
    Not sure if D C will ever get around to re-issuing the series in deluxe or even get to an Omnibus vol.1

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMad View Post
    I've been hunting for Fables in deluxe format for a couple of months, having picked up about half already. I've just noticed that volume 4 has shot up in price recently and may even have become OOP. Do these deluxe's get reissued? I'm guessing the answer is no, but I live in hope. I really don't want to have to pay four or five times the price of the other volumes if I don't have to!
    Pretty sure the earlier volumes have been reprinted a bunch of times.