View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 688 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1885886386786846856866876886896906916926987387881188 ... LastLast
Results 10,306 to 10,320 of 21670

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    This very well might be the new HC format DC will be taking for Rebirth books. I'm pretty sure this is how Marvel has their HC.
    Gosh I sure HOPE so. I honestly don't see why they shouldn't go paperback>deluxe like Marvel has been doing for years. It would've nice to get N52 and onwards material like Azzarello WW, Injustice,Johns JL,Dini Dark Knight, Year One, Grayson in OHC. Titles over at Marvel w/ similar acclaim popping up in deluxe are pretty much a given whenever solicitations come around now, yet at DC I have to pray for them.

Though I notice the Rebirth titles are pretty much going straight to trade, so maybe this is the case now. I'm not down with DC's strategy of making everything modern into an absolute first, I'm a collector just like everyone here but I still want options that'll fit my budget especially amidst all the over great stuff from Marvel, Image, DH, etc. I do dig the route they're going with the GA/SA books and releasing them in predictable chronological order. I'm not an old school guy at all but its a nice treat for people who like that material. I hope this means they'll eventually get that 80's/90's goodness like Byrne Supes, JLI, Ostrander's SS, Waid Flash, and Moore's Swamp Thing(jesus, how long are ya'll going to keep us waiting on this one?!).

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

I may be in the minority, but I loathe the standard-size hardcovers DC were putting out with the N52. Do a deluxe or give us a trade, we don't need these cheap in-between books. The worst part was that they pushed back the release of the trade by like six months to publish these instead, and only some series had them, so if you were reading the DCU in trade you were six months behind on those books than all the others. And if you did cave and buy the shitty hardcovers, there was no guarantee they wouldn't just drop them for the next release like they did with Grayson and Batgirl, giving you a mismatched set. I really, really hate them and I hope they're gone forever with Rebirth.

There's piles and piles of them that were overstock too that I find at used bookstores, but finding newer trades is much more rare. This tells me the market doesn't really want them but I guess enough people tolerated them to keep being published.

It's the same with Marvel, but Marvel has pretty much abandoned them. Iron Man and Dr Strange and the only two titles I can think of currently receiving them. To be fair, with Marvel they were much more cheap (construction-wise), but they also didn't push the trade release back six months and **** over the people who won't buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Gosh I sure HOPE so. I honestly don't see why they shouldn't go paperback>deluxe like Marvel has been doing for years. It would've nice to get N52 and onwards material like Azzarello WW, Injustice,Johns JL,Dini Dark Knight, Year One, Grayson in OHC. Titles over at Marvel w/ similar acclaim popping up in deluxe are pretty much a given whenever solicitations come around now, yet at DC I have to pray for them.

Though I notice the Rebirth titles are pretty much going straight to trade, so maybe this is the case now. I'm not down with DC's strategy of making everything modern into an absolute first, I'm a collector just like everyone here but I still want options that'll fit my budget especially amidst all the over great stuff from Marvel, Image, DH, etc. I do dig the route they're going with the GA/SA books and releasing them in predictable chronological order. I'm not an old school guy at all but its a nice treat for people who like that material. I hope this means they'll eventually get that 80's/90's goodness like Byrne Supes, JLI, Ostrander's SS, Waid Flash, and Moore's Swamp Thing(jesus, how long are ya'll going to keep us waiting on this one?!).
    DC is odd about collections. I only collected HC new DC stuff when I wanted to read it ASAP, which mainly included Snyders Batman. They look a lot better, and I enjoy them, especially if they contain a lot of bonus material, like in a Deluxe edition. I would love to get the Rebirth WW in HC, but now it seems they'll be going to TPB first, meaning I'll have to wait even longer to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I figured this thread would be the best place to show this off. I had my Sleeper Omnibus signed by Sean Phillips yesterday at ICE Birmingham.

Attachment 39858

Edit: It's rotated itself. No idea why, but you get the idea!
    Damn. Nice! About to lend my copy to a buddy so he can read it. I'm really looking forward to The Fade Out deluxe next month

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I figured this thread would be the best place to show this off. I had my Sleeper Omnibus signed by Sean Phillips yesterday at ICE Birmingham.

Attachment 39858

Edit: It's rotated itself. No idea why, but you get the idea!
    WOW! That is so amazing! Congrats man! I'd love to get some of my stuff signed, but I don't get to go to many cons.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Damn. Nice! About to lend my copy to a buddy so he can read it. I'm really looking forward to The Fade Out deluxe next month
    Thanks! I can't wait for The Fade Out Deluxe either.

Dark Knight1047
    WOW! That is so amazing! Congrats man! I'd love to get some of my stuff signed, but I don't get to go to many cons.
    Thanks! I thought he was just going to sign it so I was very pleased to see him draw! It only took him about 30 seconds.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    Amazon is showing a Golden Age Superman Omnibus Volume 4!

https://www.amazon.com/Superman-Gold...n%3A7421491011
    A volume 4, this is something Marvel hasn't done yet. Specifically put a #4 on the cover/spine. The Brubaker Caps number 5 but they aren't actually numbered on the book.
    New territory here. Batman vol.4 is likely just as forthcoming. Surprised they haven't done a WW vol. 2 solicit(DC solicited vol.1&2 of Bats/Supes before vol.1 hit also).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    A volume 4, this is something Marvel hasn't done yet. Specifically put a #4 on the cover/spine. The Brubaker Caps number 5 but they aren't actually numbered on the book.
    New territory here. Batman vol.4 is likely just as forthcoming. Surprised they haven't done a WW vol. 2 solicit(DC solicited vol.1&2 of Bats/Supes before vol.1 hit also).
    Yeah, I'm excited about this because it means we'll probably be getting a Batman GA 4. I've not been buying the Superman GA volumes, at least not yet. And also excited to see a Volume 4 because it indicates that omnis are selling well enough these days to sustain publication of longer runs. Now if Marvel would just give us the Lee/Kirby FF Volume 4 omni.

Thanks! I can't wait for The Fade Out Deluxe either.

Thanks! I thought he was just going to sign it so I was very pleased to see him draw! It only took him about 30 seconds.
    It's a really nice thing that they do. I've had JG Jones do a quick Ampersand sketch in the first volume of Y, the Luna Brothers sketched out the main character of the sword of the deluxe book of that, and Jim Zub did one in the treasure trove skullkickers. All for free, all unasked and completely complimentary of the authors. It's really awesome

Man, now I'm kinda bummed I missed BCC this year.

After just cracking open my volume of Legends of the Dark Knight by Norm Breyfogle...is there a reason why they didn't include the covers to some of the issues ? I've noticed that about 3-4 issues were missing covers

Quote Originally Posted by Sousa View Post
    After just cracking open my volume of Legends of the Dark Knight by Norm Breyfogle...is there a reason why they didn't include the covers to some of the issues ? I've noticed that about 3-4 issues were missing covers
    He didn't draw them. These artist & writer books suck, but right now they're all we have.

It appears that Lobo v.3 has been canceled and not to be brought back for solicitations. I guess preorders were absolutely dismal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    He didn't draw them. These artist & writer books suck, but right now they're all we have.
    That's so strange . I dont' see why it would be such a big deal considering the Len Wein Tales of Batman book had multiple artists and cover artists. Oh well, thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by Sousa View Post
    That's so strange . I dont' see why it would be such a big deal considering the Len Wein Tales of Batman book had multiple artists and cover artists. Oh well, thanks for the reply
    That was a writer collection (Len Wein). Breyfogle was an artist. Any parts of a story that the writer didn't write, or the artist didn't draw, aren't included, even if they're necessary for it to make sense. In the Alan Davis collection, for example, one part of Batman Year Two was drawn by Todd McFarlane instead of Davis so it isn't included and the story cannot really be read without it. It's dumb as hell, and it's not at all what ANY collectors want, but it's how these collections work. Right now it's these or nothing, though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    Yeah, I'm excited about this because it means we'll probably be getting a Batman GA 4. I've not been buying the Superman GA volumes, at least not yet. And also excited to see a Volume 4 because it indicates that omnis are selling well enough these days to sustain publication of longer runs. Now if Marvel would just give us the Lee/Kirby FF Volume 4 omni.
    I'm more excited at the prospect of finishing out the GA and getting to SA/BA. Anybody care to shoot out a rough estimate for how many GA omni's would be left between now and then?