View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1016 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 165169169661006101210131014101510161017101810191020102610661116 ... LastLast
Results 15,226 to 15,240 of 21672
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    And the Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Strazewski and Parobeck has been cancelled.

Merry @#%& Christmas from DC.
    Not at all surprised. This should have been two cheaper trades.

And that isn't a comment on the quality of the material; I have all these issues in singles and they're a good read.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, it's a pretty good figure. That same month, the Bronze Age Swamp Thing Omnibus also had a very impressive figure of over 1,400 units.
    Wow, we'll definitly be seeing more premium swamp thing collections then.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Btw, I hope you've all had a very Merry Christmas and wishing you a very Happy New Year.

Finally got around to starting Tomasi's Batman and Robin omnibus. I loved this series. In fact, I think it was probably the best Batman run of all the new 52 and at one point (after Batman Inc. concluded) it was the only Batman series I picked up.

Anyway, it's an intimidating book - I think it collects more than 50 issues - but I read about a quarter of it in one sit down last night. It's still great and I can't recommend it enough.

Tomasi injected a soul into Damien and and really touched on the father-son relationship. And while he's doing an OK job with that on his Superman run, he knocked it out of the park with B/R.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Finally got around to starting Tomasi's Batman and Robin omnibus. I loved this series. In fact, I think it was probably the best Batman run of all the new 52 and at one point (after Batman Inc. concluded) it was the only Batman series I picked up.

Anyway, it's an intimidating book - I think it collects more than 50 issues - but I read about a quarter of it in one sit down last night. It's still great and I can't recommend it enough.

Tomasi injected a soul into Damien and and really touched on the father-son relationship. And while he's doing an OK job with that on his Superman run, he knocked it out of the park with B/R.
    Completely agreed. I'm about 900 pages in, and I'm loving it.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Tomasi's B&R run is one of my favorite Batman runs of all time. It's easily my favorite New 52 run. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Tomasi's Superman run is very good too.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

For what it’s worth, Snyder announced on Twitter that there will be a Metal omnibus that comes out after the OHC and tpb.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

For what it’s worth, Snyder announced on Twitter that there will be a Metal omnibus that comes out after the OHC and tpb.
    Hmmm. Not sure what I want now. It would be nice to have everything all in one book. On the other hand, I like OHC's better.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Incredible Member

Is B+R omnibus already out of print? It's been not available on Instock for 2 weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Hmmm. Not sure what I want now. It would be nice to have everything all in one book. On the other hand, I like OHC's better.
    I suspect the only thing getting an OHC is the actual Metal series, so if you want the rest of it in that size, the omnibus is probably going to be the only option.Keep in mind, too, we're probably a good ways off from the omni.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

My Batgirl Bronze Age Omni should show up soon.

There aren't any printing errors in it that anyone has found yet I hope.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Checked the following at my LCS today:

Golden Age Green Arrow Omnibus 1 (it was sealed but for those interested the back cover said it contains the following)
    • More Fun Comics 73-107
    • Adventure Comics 103-117
    • Worlds Finest 7-28

Robin vol 5 War of the Dragons:
    • Detective Comics 685-686
    • Robin 14-22
    • Robin Annual 3
    • Extra - variant "Troika" cover to Robin 14

Superman Adventures vol 4
    • Superman Adventures 26-35

Is there any post-Johns Green Lantern worth getting? I noticed an issue of Hal Jordan at the shop yesterday with Kyle Rayner with his old school mask on and it got me wondering if I should give any titles a look.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    My Batgirl Bronze Age Omni should show up soon.

There aren't any printing errors in it that anyone has found yet I hope.
    I found one on the back cover — it refers to Barbara as a teenager. But I don’t think that’s what you meant.

Found Creaturs of the Night on amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Creatu...EJSEQR7WEQ67FE
    Any chances it will be oversized?