View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 156 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 561061461521531541551561571581591601662062566561156 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 21657
    Incredible Member

Someone mentioned that all DC Deluxe hardcovers are sewn, but the invisibles deluxe sure looks glued.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Someone mentioned that all DC Deluxe hardcovers are sewn, but the invisibles deluxe sure looks glued.
    Huh? Who mentioned that? Almost all Dc deluxes are glued
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Dc deluxes are all glued. Absolutes are combination sewn/glued.

Did you read this post and get it reversed in your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Yeah, I hated it when Lemire left GA. He was like Johns was to Green Lantern, he could build a great mythology for Green Arrow and he was if it wasn't for Dc trying to make GA more like Arrow he could do even more than he already did. Plus, Lemire was probably one of the first writers who gave Ollie some good rogues, that was always the weakness of the GA series but Lemire's new takes on Count Vertigo, Richard Dragon, Red Dart and Killer Moth were just amazing.

We need an OHC of Lemire's run

Agreed on all points. I read the first six issues of the series and dropped it. I really wanted to end it at issue 3, but I gave it an arc. I heard Ann Nocenti took over and since I have never read anything she's written -Daredevil included - that I liked, I didn't bother to pick it up again. Then along comes Lemire. This guy is great. Turned chicken **** into chicken soup (I don't like Shado's new history, but what can you do when you've de-aged Ollie 15-20 years?).

When he left, though, so did I.

But, I'm pretty happy he's taking over Hawkeye. I'll be picking up that book when he starts! Maybe we'll see some of the same bow-slinging themes there that we could have seen with GA.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Did you read this post and get it reversed in your mind?
    I'm embarrassed. Anyways, now we all have extra clarification, hehe.

Also, this news deeply saddens me. Perhaps, I did not want to believe it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    So Chuck Dixon wrote the entire Batman Cataclysm cross-over?
    No, not even half of it. Doug Moench, Alan Grant, Devin Grayson and Denny O'Neil wrote other parts.

I'm embarrassed. Anyways, now we all have extra clarification, hehe.

Also, this news deeply saddens me. Perhaps, I did not want to believe it.
    Looking at the bright side, the deluxes are not that thick that the glued binding gonna bother you and I have only one absolute (ASS) but I didn't have any problem with its binding when I read it.

I don't have a copy of it myself (yet), but it looks like Fables Deluxe Vol 9 has an element of sewn binding to it. Instead of being a block of pages glued to the crash, which is in turn glued to the spine, it looks like there are signatures sewn into the crash (which is still glued to the spine). I think this is how Marvel is doing their OHCs at the moment, but I don't have a copy of Vol 9 yet to do a comparison.

Amazing Member

I'll add that Batman Noir: The Long Halloween has great sewn binding. Hopefully this is the start of a trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    No, not even half of it. Doug Moench, Alan Grant, Devin Grayson and Denny O'Neil wrote other parts.
    Yeah, Dixon was too busy writing 10 years worth of Robin and Nightwing.
    Man, he was a solid storyteller.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Looking at the bright side, the deluxes are not that thick that the glued binding gonna bother you and I have only one absolute (ASS) but I didn't have any problem with its binding when I read it.
    Bright side is good,

I'm mostly worried about the life span of these books, but I suppose a professional book mender could always improve them should they fall apart.

Fantastic Member

Default January 2015 Solicits

The announced HCs from this months solicitations:

ASTRO CITY: PRIVATE LIVES HC
    Written by KURT BUSIEK
    Art by BRENT ANDERSON and GRAHAM NOLAN
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    On sale MARCH 11 • 176 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    In these tales from ASTRO CITY #11-16, get to know the assistant to one of Astro City’s newest and most powerful mystic heroes, the Silver Adept. Plus, we take a look at the Gentleman Bandit as he continues his life of well-dressed crime as a member of the Menagerie Gang, and meet the proprietor of a roadside killer-robot sanctuary and museum. But the Broken Man isn’t done with our town yet, and he spies on both the Dancing Master and Starbright – a teen super hero whose destiny is entwined with that of his greatest foe!

BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT UNWRAPPED BY DAVID FINCH
    DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by DAVID FINCH, GRANT MORRISON, PAUL JENKINS and JUDD WINICK
    Art and cover by DAVID FINCH
    On sale MARCH 25 • 288 pg, B&W, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $34.99 US
    This fantastic unwrapped collection features tales of the Dark Knight written and pencilled by superstar artist David Finch from the pages of BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #1-3, BATMAN: THE RETURN #1 and BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT Vol. 2 #1-7 and 9, all in pencil form.

BATMAN ‘66 MEETS THE GREEN HORNET HC
    Written by KEVIN SMITH and RALPH GARMAN
    Art by TY TEMPLETON
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    On sale MARCH 18 • 144 pg, FC, $22.99 US
    Superstar filmmaker Kevin Smith and actor/comedian Ralph Garman reunite Batman, The Green Hornet, Robin and Kato! But what could force these rivals to join forces? How about the deadly team of General Gumm and The Joker! Don’t miss this hardcover collecting the 6-issue miniseries. Copublished with Dynamite.

BATMAN ADVENTURES: MAD LOVE DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by PAUL DINI and BRUCE TIMM
    Art and cover by BRUCE TIMM
    On sale MARCH 18 • 96 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $17.99 US
    Written and drawn by the masterminds behind Batman: The Animated Series, Paul Dini and Bruce Timm, this epic reveals the origins of Harley Quinn as she proves her love to The Joker by trying to eliminate the Dark Knight on her own! Now in a deluxe format with exclusive extras and bonus material!

JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED VOL. 1: JUSTICE LEAGUE CANADA HC
    Written by JEFF LEMIRE
    Art by MIKE McKONE and JED DOUGHTERTY
    Cover by MIKE McKONE
    On sale MARCH 4 • 192 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    In the aftermath of FOREVER EVIL, Adam Strange is caught up in an adventure across the far reaches of the cosmos that will unite an unexpected team of heroes including Supergirl, Hawkman, Green Arrow, Stargirl, Martian Manhunter and Animal Man – but if they’re on the team, who exactly is Canadian? And don’t miss the debut of the young Canadian hero known as Miiyahbin! It’s all here in stories from JLU #0-4, JUSTICE LEAGUE: FUTURES END #1 and JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED: FUTURES END #1!

OCEAN/ORBITER DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by WARREN ELLIS
    Art by COLLEEN DORAN, CHRIS SPROUSE and KARL STORY
    Cover TBD
    On sale MARCH 18 • 264 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875” $29.99 US • MATURE READERS
    Two classic science fiction epics written by Warren Ellis are collected together for the first time! In OCEAN #1-6, U.N. weapons inspector Nathan Kane must learn what lies under Europa’s half-mile-thick mantle of ice. And in the original graphic novel ORBITER, a long-missing space shuttle crash lands on Earth to unlock a mystery that will unfold deep in outer space.

ORION BY WALTER SIMONSON OMNIBUS EDITION HC
    Written by WALTER SIMONSON and others
    Art by WALTER SIMONSON, FRANK MILLER, JIM LEE and others
    Cover by WALTER SIMONSON
    On sale MARCH 25 • 688 pg, FC, $75.00 US
    Legendary writer/artist Walter Simonson takes on Jack Kirby’s Fourth World! These tales star the heroes and villains of the Fourth World as Darkseid seeks the Anti-Life Equation and Orion battles to stop him! Collects ORION #1-25 and stories from JACK KIRBY’S FOURTH WORLD #9-11 and 13!

SHAZAM!: A CELEBRATION OF 75 YEARS HC
    Written by OTTO BINDER, DENNIS O’NEIL, GEOFF JOHNS and others
    Art by C.C. BECK, KURT SCHAFFENBERGER, GARY FRANK and others
    Cover ALEX ROSS
    On sale MARCH 4 • 400 pg, FC, $39.99 US
    DC Comics celebrates the World’s Mightiest Mortal in this new collection starring Captain Marvel and his extended crimefighting family: Captain Marvel Jr., Mary Marvel, Tawky Tawny and more, plus villains Dr. Sivana, Mr. Mind, Black Adam and others!

SUPERMAN: DOOMED HC
    Written by SCOTT LOBDELL, GREG PAK and CHARLES SOULE
    Art by AARON KUDER, TONY S. DANIEL, KEN LASHLEY and others
    Cover by AARON KUDER
    On sale MARCH 25 • 544 pg, FC, $49.99 US
    It’s Superman vs. Doomsday as you’ve never seen it before! In this New 52 epic, Superman’s battle against Doomsday is only the beginning, as the Man of Steel becomes infected with Doomsday’s powers and traits! How can he overcome this threat that comes from inside himself? Find out in stories from SUPERMAN: DOOMED #1 and 2, ACTION COMICS #30-35, SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #7-12, SUPERMAN #30, ACTION COMICS ANNUAL #3, SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN ANNUAL #1, SUPERGIRL #34-35 and BATMAN/SUPERMAN #11!

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN VOL. 2: WAR AND PEACE HC
    Written by CHARLES SOULE
    Art by TONY S. DANIEL, PAULO SIQUEIRA, PASCAL ALIXE, THONY SILAS, ED BENES and others
    Cover by TONY S. DANIEL
    On sale MARCH 18 • 284 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    To stop Doomsday from destroying his adopted planet, Superman fought him to the bitter end. But with one threat gone, a new one surfaces inside the body of the Last Son of Krypton. Now, Superman must fight a battle within his own mind, body and heart – with the help of the woman he loves. But will even that be enough to save the doomed Superman? Collects SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #8-12 and ANNUAL #1, plus SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN: FUTURES END #1 and WONDER WOMAN: FUTURES END #1.

And these big TPs:

SECRET SIX VOL. 1: VILLAINS UNITED TP
    Written by GAIL SIMONE
    Art by BRAD WALKER, JIMMY PALMIOTTI, DALE EAGLESHAM and others
    Cover by J.G. JONES
    On sale FEBRUARY 11 • 328 pg, FC, $19.99 US
    Collecting the stories that led into INFINITE CRISIS from VILLAINS UNITED #1-6, the SECRET SIX 6-issue miniseries and VILLAINS UNITED: INFINITE CRISIS SPECIAL #1! Six of justice’s deadliest enemies have banded together to keep the super-heroic community from tampering with their minds – and to show just how deadly they can be!

HELLBLAZER VOL. 10: IN THE LINE OF FIRE TP
    Written by PAUL JENKINS
    Art and cover by SEAN PHILLIPS
    On sale FEBRUARY 11 • 288 pg, FC, $19.99 US • MATURE READERS
    In these never before collected stories from HELLBLAZER #97-107, Constantine comes to the aid of his downstairs neighbor, a dimwitted, epileptic giant whose home is haunted by a persistent ghost. Plus, John’s affinity with the supernatural spoils a soccer game when a demon that thrives on hooliganism shows up.

Never mind.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 10-20-2014 at 06:24 PM. Reason: I'm dumb

Incredible Member

^ I think you're thinking of the wrong thing.

Yeah for Ocean/Orbiter. I never would have thought that of all collections we would get these ones.