View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 488 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498538588988 ... LastLast
Results 7,306 to 7,320 of 21657
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Interesting, and sign yet if this is a OHC or just a thick paperback?
    It's just a paperback, the single issues are selling like 10k per month and we're only on issue 5 out of 12. If the paperback however will sell and the reviews continue to be high, maybe we will get an OHC?

Fantastic Member

DC generally should get their act together regarding the information about their books and their contents. We never know if the solicitations are correct, but it's been going for few years now and I can't see that it will change - the newest have several books that given contents don't match given page count, and I bet in some cases BOTH are wrong. And then they don't communicate (at least that's what I assume) the updates/corrections through Diamond, which should be the only channel we need to keep up with, especially for the books already solicited.

In theory Robin vol. 2 looks pretty straighforward to me: Robin II #1-4, Annual #1, Robin III #1-6. I don't know if it means anything, but Amazon's listing has now a Robin III #1 cover attached to it. Anyway, we'll see the solicitation next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Just finished the first Johns Green Lantern omnibus. Holy crap that was awesome. I don't think I've read what amounts to a team story/event where all the main players have an exciting, heroic and relevant moment at the conclusion. The binding remained just as good as any Marvel omnibus for me in the end after a read through.

I was going to take a break before I start volume 2 but I'll be going straight onto it.

What event is Superman Prime referring to when he mentions the five Earth's becoming one and is it collected and worth getting?
    I also think it's CoIE and the deluxe just came out. Haven't read it yet but it's the first big, multiverse event that CHANGED EVERYTHING FOREVER!!!!!!!! (que in dramatic music)

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Talking of COIE deluxe, has any one noticed that height wise the book is the right deluxe size, but length wise, it's slightly smaller than usual?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Talking of COIE deluxe, has any one noticed that height wise the book is the right deluxe size, but length wise, it's slightly smaller than usual?
    Huh, haven't noticed that. Will check when I get home
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    Very nice. I have and love his Batman stuff and Superman Unchained. What are your thoughts on Swamp Thing?
    I've only read the first few issues but it's just as enjoyable to me as his other work (and the art is nice). I'm not that familiar with Swamp Thing so I'm not sure if it's in line with Alan Moore's popular run, but I'm liking it so far.

Amazing Member

Default Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Deluxe Edition HC Hardcove

Has anyone received this or know what it contains besides the two stories?

Amazing Member

I've ordered it at my L.C.S., should arrive soon. From what I know, it contains quite a bit of supplementary.
    "Para bellum. Sic vis pacem, para bellum. Every dawn, the boot camp sergeant made them recite it like a prayer. A litany. A declaration. Sic vis pacem, para bellum. The hitman's name is Billy "The Beaut" Russo. The Costas love him so dearly, they've made him fireproof. But there's fireproof and fireproof. Sic vis pacem, parabellum." -Frank "Punisher" Motherloving Castle.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    In theory Robin vol. 2 looks pretty straighforward to me: Robin II #1-4, Annual #1, Robin III #1-6. I don't know if it means anything, but Amazon's listing has now a Robin III #1 cover attached to it. Anyway, we'll see the solicitation next week.
    That's what I hoped/assumed as well, but on second thought, do you think they'll include the annuals?

It's been a long time since I've Annual #1; I remember it was an Anarky story, but how closely tied was it to the Eclipso crossover?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

i need your suggestions on how to read/collect the original league of extraordinary gentlemen mini series. i remember liking the series back when it came out and have decided to buy it in a nice format.

options are:

1. softcover omnibus
    PRO: cheap. can be found for around 20-25€ for a new
    CONTRA: but might not really be the best option for o'neill's very detailed and filigrane artwork

2. hardcover omnibus
    PRO: oversized.
    CONTRA: oop. good-very good used copies can be found for around 60-80€

3. 2-volume-absolute editions
    PRO: everything, but...
    CONTRA: the price. vol 1 is oop, good-vg used copies can be found for around 90-120€. vol 2 can be found for cheap, around 50-60€ for a new one. makes around 140-180€ for both.

opinions are very welcome!

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    i need your suggestions on how to read/collect the original league of extraordinary gentlemen mini series. i remember liking the series back when it came out and have decided to buy it in a nice format.

options are:

1. softcover omnibus
    CONTRA: but might not really be the best option for o'neill's very detailed and filigrane artwork

2. hardcover omnibus

CONTRA: the price. vol 1 is oop, good-vg used copies can be found for around 90-120€. vol 2 can be found for cheap, around 50-60€ for a new one. makes around 140-180€ for both.

thanks!
    Go the absolute route, as I wouldn't bother with anything after vol 2 anyway, and where are you seeing them at that price?

options are:

1. softcover omnibus

2. hardcover omnibus

thanks!
    the omnibus is the definition of mousetrap binding. But yeah, it's oversized.
    Also, I think the rest of the series is great as well, it loses the steampunk setting but I honestly loved Black dossier and Century as well.
    Nemo is also great (haven't read the 3rd yet, waiting fro the slipcase).

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp14 View Post
    .....so I might be a fan of Scott Snyder....
    Wow, that's... a lot of purple prose

Amazing Member

options are:

1. softcover omnibus

2. hardcover omnibus

thanks!
    I've had the experience with all those routes

I am very happy with my absolutes. I picked up the first one for around $90, I think. It was my second time buying volume one.

The absolutes come with two volumes in each - the story in one book and extras (art, scripts, etc) in the second book. Well the first time I bought it it came with the vol. 1 story but with the extras from volume two as the second book. The buyer gave me a good refund. But I eventually sold it and bought volume one again - this time with the proper books included. It looks great and I'm happy with the purchase.

I'd like to give the BD a try but I've been hesitant because of the negative reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge602 View Post
    I've had the experience with all those routes

I am very happy with my absolutes. I picked up the first one for around $90, I think. It was my second time buying volume one.

The absolutes come with two volumes in each - the story in one book and extras (art, scripts, etc) in the second book. Well the first time I bought it it came with the vol. 1 story but with the extras from volume two as the second book. The buyer gave me a good refund. But I eventually sold it and bought volume one again - this time with the proper books included. It looks great and I'm happy with the purchase.

I'd like to give the BD a try but I've been hesitant because of the negative reviews.
    pick up the regular hc, you can find it for dirt cheap. Honestly, I think it's really good. Yeah you have to go into it with an open mind, accept that the series changed but it's good stuff.