View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1399 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 3998991299134913891395139613971398139914001401140214031409 ... LastLast
Results 20,971 to 20,985 of 21672
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    How many more volumes of Superman till we reach the silver age?
    Unlike Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman don’t have clearly delineated Golden/Silver Age transition points. However, like JAG2045 said, most fans and comic historians point to the introduction of the Fortress of Solitude in Action Comics #241 (June 1958) as the beginning of Superman’s Silver Age. (In the Golden Age, Superman had a separate, rarely-referenced mountain hideout.)

GA Superman volume 7 seems to run through Action Comics #143 in the early 50s, so factoring in World’s Finest switching from solo stories to team-ups after issue 70 (and thus no longer factoring into page counts for these solo volumes), you’re looking at another maybe 4-5 GA volumes? Just an estimate.

Ah! Absolute Swamp Thing by Alan Moore vol 3 finally showed up - the collection is complete!

(and for the record, I do not mind the new re-coloring - while it may not look as good in some instances, for the most part it looks better, and suits the new paper used in the Absolute better than the original colors would)

Have there been any rumours on a volume 10 of Golden age Batman? It would be terrible if we were left hanging for this final Golden age volume.
    Hail Hydra!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Have there been any rumours on a volume 10 of Golden age Batman? It would be terrible if we were left hanging for this final Golden age volume.
    I was under the impression 9 was the last one and that’s why they started pushing out the silver age.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    I was under the impression 9 was the last one and that’s why they started pushing out the silver age.
    Thanks for the reply, The issue numbers don't tally between volume 9 and the Silver age issues that's why I asked.
    Batman Golden age volume 9 has the following Batman #76-85, Detective Comics #192-210 and World's Finest Comics #63-70,

Batman Silver age volume 1 has the following: Batman #101-116 and Detective Comics #233-257!.

I'll just add that the World's Finest Silver age omnibus starts at issue 71-96
    Last edited by tv horror; 03-15-2022 at 09:04 PM.
    Hail Hydra!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    No. The prevailing theory among fans is that restoration of the GA Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman material may be taking longer than expected, so DC decided to kick off the Silver Age volumes early, since the beginnings of those lines have already been restored. But that’s just a fan theory, we don’t really know. (It’s also possible they think the SA volumes, particularly the early ones, will sell better, so they’re trying to use them to reinvigorate the line as a whole.)

It’s hard to imagine DC would get THIS close to completing the GA Batman line and bail with one volume left to go. But I suppose stranger things have happened.

It looks like DC will be running the Wonder Woman GA and SA lines concurrently (SA Vol 1 came out in January, and GA Vol 5 is currently scheduled for October). So, I'd be very surprised if they didn't do the same with Batman, especially when there's only one left to go.

That's a great theory about the restoration, however I'm really looking forward to owning a complete Golden age run.
    Hail Hydra!

Incredible Member

As others have said, there is no word yet on Batman Golden Age 10 but the prevailing thought is that due to the time required for restoring the issues DC decided to jump ahead to the Silver Age which requires less work and will released Golden Age 10 at a later date to fill the gap

The same has happened with Wonder Woman also (Silver Age 1 has come out before Golden Age 5) and most likely will be the same for Superman

Incredible Member

Gem Mint overview of Superman/Batman omnibus 2 & Absolute Swamp Thing 3

Omar has the collected editions from the June solicits, which includes a few hitherto unannounced books, including two omni reprints; one might brighten up your day, and the other one is an animal of an omni.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Omar has the collected editions from the June solicits, which includes a few hitherto unannounced books, including two omni reprints; one might brighten up your day, and the other one is an animal of an omni.

I really wish DC worked with this channel as much as Marvel does. Those omnibus reprints are worth a separate announcement video instead of just part of an overall previews video.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I really wish DC worked with this channel as much as Marvel does. Those omnibus reprints are worth a separate announcement video instead of just part of an overall previews video.
    It's odd that DC maintain contact with Omar, but limit that contact to a slightly early look at what seems to be a pared back version of the monthly solicits. Early announcements of these reprints or highlights from the next book market catalogue would cost them nothing, and generate some buzz in their core market. I'm sure they have what they think is a good reason, but I'm at a loss as to what that could be.

Incredible Member

I'm down for the Animal Man omni and the Supergirl by King book.

I wasn’t aware DC still did collections. Excellent news!