View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

A little over halfway done with the Infinite Crisis Omnibus. I stopped for the day at the end of the Rann-Thanagar war.

I'm surprised at how fast I'm plowing my way through it. Slow days at work help a bit.

So... Anyone want to talk about how DC canceled that HC Shazam Monster Society of Evil (MSoE)?

Same reason it got cancelled last time. Someone in authority read it and said we don't need this headache. If they want to recoup the cost of restoring it or just feel like it should be reprinted for historical purpose they should stealth drop it on Comixology. It's public domain so if you want a copy you can buy it on Amazon.

Spectacular Member

Is the WW3 story collected in the 52 omnibus?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Is the WW3 story collected in the 52 omnibus?
    Nope, just the main 52 issues.

Good to hear all the feedback on Infinite Crisis. I wanted to wait until I read a bunch of Superman stuff before starting that but I might just dig in soon.

Really liking the Man of Steel trades though, despite the limits of the production values of the trades themselves. Great stories and art, and I finally know how to pronounce Mr. Mxyzptlk! And Superman seems physically gigantic, compared to others, as portrayed by Byrne. Maybe that's always how he was, never read many Superman comics.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Sounds great. I will pick this up next order. Of course I need to finish up Final Crisis first. Seems a great period for DC.
    Final Crisis comes after 52. Also it's a very different animal so if you are not enjoying it I would still recommend pulling the trigger on 52.
    And if you want more I would recommend Blackest night (just the main event) and the follow up Brightest day, while not being as good as 52 (it was a bi weekly series) it's decent but there is another bi weekly follow up series: Justice League: Generation lost, that was very good too.

Also Gail Simone's Secret six that spun out of Infinite crisis.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Final Crisis comes after 52. Also it's a very different animal so if you are not enjoying it I would still recommend pulling the trigger on 52.
    And if you want more I would recommend Blackest night (just the main event) and the follow up Brightest day, while not being as good as 52 (it was a bi weekly series) it's decent but there is another bi weekly follow up series: Justice League: Generation lost, that was very good too.

Thanks. I am about 450 pages into Infinite Crisis and really liking it. I'm picking up 52 now that I know what it is (and really like the concept and universe the more I get into it). I was already planning on picking up Final Crisis this fall. Is the necessary part of Blackest Night in Green Lantern or are their other necessary tie ins?
    In other sad news I read the last issue of Lucifer. Excellent. The ending was really good. Not everyone can create a satisfying ending but I felt Lucifer did a great job both building up the stories and finishing them off.
    Last edited by RamblingMan; 08-02-2018 at 04:18 AM.

Spectacular Member

Oh man ... those Simone trades are still on my amazon wishlist. I really enjoyed the mini in the IC Omnibus but these book sseem to fall in and out of my basket all the time.

Thanks. I am about 450 pages into Infinite Crisis and really liking it. I'm picking up 52 now that I know what it is (and really like the concept and universe the more I get into it). I was already planning on picking up Final Crisis this fall. Is the necessary part of Blackest Night in Green Lantern or are their other necessary tie ins?
    In other sad news I read the last issue of Lucifer. Excellent. The ending was really good. Not everyone can create a satisfying ending but I felt Lucifer did a great job both building up the stories and finishing them off.
    So glad you've enjoyed Lucifer!
    As for Blackest night I was wrong in my comment before, you need the main mini and the Green Lanter/GLC issues. I'm pretty sure the GL omnibus collects everything you need. But you might just be fine with the main event trade or hc. I've only read the event when it came out (still cursing myself not getting the absolute when it was readily available) so I'm not 100% confident.
    What you definitely don't need is all the other tie ins (Batman, Superman, Jsa etc)

Incredible Member

So glad you've enjoyed Lucifer!
    As for Blackest night I was wrong in my comment before, you need the main mini and the Green Lanter/GLC issues. I'm pretty sure the GL omnibus collects everything you need. But you might just be fine with the main event trade or hc. I've only read the event when it came out (still cursing myself not getting the absolute when it was readily available) so I'm not 100% confident.
    What you definitely don't need is all the other tie ins (Batman, Superman, Jsa etc)
    Loved Lucifer. I will read it again at some point. I have the Green Lantern Omnibus' which looks to have the same contents as the Absolute (which you should've bought!) so it looks like I am fine for that. I was actually part way through the second omnibus a while ago and then onto something else meaning to go back to it but than other reading got in the way (which tends to happen often). I don't think I had gotten to anything in blackest night except maybe some build up. I will go back to that after reading some other events first. Thanks again!

I finished the Infinite Crisis Omnibus today. A little over 1400 pages within four days is a record for me.

I enjoyed it, but possibly not as much as most here. This is one of the few post-90s books I own. I’m not shooting for a huge collection, so I try and keep my purchases to select Silver and Bronze Age books for the most part. It was a good story, and I never got bored with it. I’ll look into seeing if I can read 52 digitally...if not, I will buy the two big trades that are available containing the entire run.

Thanks to everyone recommending Infinite Crisis.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I finished the Infinite Crisis Omnibus today. A little over 1400 pages within four days is a record for me.

I enjoyed it, but possibly not as much as most here. This is one of the few post-90s books I own. I’m not shooting for a huge collection, so I try and keep my purchases to select Silver and Bronze Age books for the most part. It was a good story, and I never got bored with it. I’ll look into seeing if I can read 52 digitally...if not, I will buy the two big trades that are available containing the entire run.

Thanks to everyone recommending Infinite Crisis.
    Thats a fast read! I ordered the 52 first trade. What are your favorite bronze/silver age titles?

Thats a fast read! I ordered the 52 first trade. What are your favorite bronze/silver age titles?
    Definitely Amazing Spidey...the first three SA omnis are among my three favorite books. John Byrne’s run on the FF is also top-notch in my opinion. I also love my Simonson Thor Omnibus, and the Claremont/Byrne run on Uncanny X-Men covered in the first two Uncanny X-Men omnis.

I think there have been many great comics done in the modern-age as well...as I said, I usually prefer those to be digital so as not to wind up with so many books. I imagine I’ll have to move again some day, ha ha.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Definitely Amazing Spidey...the first three SA omnis are among my three favorite books. John Byrne’s run on the FF is also top-notch in my opinion. I also love my Simonson Thor Omnibus, and the Claremont/Byrne run on Uncanny X-Men covered in the first two Uncanny X-Men omnis.

I think there have been many great comics done in the modern-age as well...as I said, I usually prefer those to be digital so as not to wind up with so many books. I imagine I’ll have to move again some day, ha ha.
    Great stuff. I tend to rotate between newer/older comics day to day so right now i have ASM 2 on my night stand. Infinite Crisis is just too jumbo to read in bed. Next up after after ASM, it is time to crack open Captain America 2. I think I will go digital for some stuff in the future I only want to check out.