View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420601105101010 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Hey now, the JSA Omnibus Vol. 1 isn't out yet. There's still time for it to be a mess (Fingers crossed it is not though!)
    Too, true and I'm still going to complain every chance I get that they're not including issue # 10 in the All Star Batman and Robin Absolute edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    No, I think you did the right thing. The 4 newer tpb's are more complete than the 4 hardcovers. Ultramarine corps and Earth 2 are not part of JLA, they were just thrown into the hardcover of volume 4 when the line switched to become Morrison-only.

It's from here on out that you need to make your decision. The new TPB of JLA vol. 5 is nice and thick and will match your vol. 4, but it leaves out the epilogue to Tower of Babel. So if you want that you will have to switch to the old tpb's.
    Yeah,I usually only buy HC,but the discussion here made me decide to buy the TPB'S for the correct order of stories.I would have never known this but for the great discussion here.

Figured I'd relay this story.

So, every now and then I've got money burning a hole in my pocket and I get on Ebay, looking for a book that maybe I want, but not positive. Few examples, Absolute Superman (the Azz, Lee) book, maybe Dark Victory, whatever.

I'm sure you all can relate.

So, the other night, I'm on and I come across an auction that's about 6 hours away from ending. It's for that first Green Lantern absolute. Still sealed with certificate, all that.

I put down $30 for the heck of it. I end up winning it. I think it was $25 for the win and $5 for shipping.

So there I am, patting myself on the back. Then, I remember that DC is going to release the GL omnibus by Johns. Geez. Talk about a freakin' Charlie Brown moment.

Oh well, I'm sure it's a beautiful book and I enjoyed the story years ago when it was first published, but still.

At least it will look good on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

So, every now and then I've got money burning a hole in my pocket and I get on Ebay, looking for a book that maybe I want, but not positive. Few examples, Absolute Superman (the Azz, Lee) book, maybe Dark Victory, whatever.

So, the other night, I'm on and I come across an auction that's about 6 hours away from ending. It's for that first Green Lantern absolute. Still sealed with certificate, all that.

I put down $30 for the heck of it. I end up winning it. I think it was $25 for the win and $5 for shipping.

So there I am, patting myself on the back. Then, I remember that DC is going to release the GL omnibus by Johns. Geez. Talk about a freakin' Charlie Brown moment.

Oh well, I'm sure it's a beautiful book and I enjoyed the story years ago when it was first published, but still.

Ah gee... I was reading that post thinking "what about the GL omnibus coming up"... Then I read your realization of that.

The GL Absolutes are I believe often complained on due to the small size, I seem to recall. They don't really cover much. I am looking forward to all the John's GL omnibus releases though (eg the GL Omnibus 1, and Brightest Day. Maybe by this time next year the whole lot will be available to order.

PS - the GL Omnibus 1 is now up at Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Green-Lantern-...+johns+omnibus

Too, true and I'm still going to complain every chance I get that they're not including issue # 10 in the All Star Batman and Robin Absolute edition.
    This one HAS to be a solicitation error...there's no way they would actually leave it out of the absolute...

Oh wait, DC...right...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    Hoooollllyyy coooww. Finally. I've been checking every night for the last few weeks, so thank you for that. Now I can organise my end of year pre-order.

EDIT: And it's done.
    Last edited by titansupes; 05-05-2014 at 12:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Hey Tom, I think at the end of the day you have a "new" fantastic looking book at a giveaway price. IMO, you got a great deal. There will always be Absolute "only" enthusiasts that you may be able to sell to if you ever at some point decide to part with it.

The artwork looks great in that book, I might be a bit of a Green Lantern fan but I'm happy to have it

The GL Absolutes are I believe often complained on due to the small size, I seem to recall.
    Only Rebirth. SCW and Blackest Night are huge. The only complaint I've herad about SCW was it was incomplete because it left out some unnecessary and okay at best tie ins.

I quite like GL Rebirth, it's a great one and done story. Definitely going to be preordering that GL Omnibus, will have to find some books to add on to get free delivery

Two updates for the Recently Reprinted post. Batman: The Killing Joke Deluxe Edition has gone back to a 13th printing and Absolute Sandman Vol 2 has gone back to a 6th printing.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    I quite like GL Rebirth, it's a great one and done story. Definitely going to be preordering that GL Omnibus, will have to find some books to add on to get free delivery
    Still not sure about the Omnibus. I have everything, mostly in HCs plus the 3 absolutes. I guess it'll depend on the quality of the book and binding.

Watching The Wheels wrkngclasshero's Avatar

Ordered!! Thanks for the heads up, I've been checking everyday since the announcment.
    "A working class hero is something to be..." - J. Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Deviates View Post
    Still not sure about the Omnibus. I have everything, mostly in HCs plus the 3 absolutes. I guess it'll depend on the quality of the book and binding.
    What concerns me is it is "Green Lantern by Geoff Johns Omnibus". There were some pretty essential (IMO) Green Lantern Corps ties in's not always written by GJ. Then you have Emerald Warriors and New Guardians which also played major parts in the story post Blackest Night. You know what, just give us Green Lantern by Peter Tomasi as well. Heck, in a lot of ways that would be an even better book.
    Last edited by momaw; 05-05-2014 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    What concerns me is it is "Green Lantern by Geoff Johns Omnibus". There were some pretty essential (IMO) Green Lantern Corps ties in's not always written by GJ. Then you have Emerald Warriors and New Guardians which also played major parts in the story post Blackest Night. You know what, just give us Green Lantern by Peter Tomasi as well. Heck, in a lot of ways that would be an even better book.
    I'm a fan of Tomasi's run on GLC, there comes a point where the two books really should be read together. Some of the more interesting parts of the run happened in that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Hey Tom, I think at the end of the day you have a "new" fantastic looking book at a giveaway price. IMO, you got a great deal. There will always be Absolute "only" enthusiasts that you may be able to sell to if you ever at some point decide to part with it.
    I agree, but I probably would have spent the $30 on a different book had I remembered the omnibus. I'll probably read this, then jump into the GL omnibus when it comes out. I might sell it to make room on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviates View Post
    I'm a fan of Tomasi's run on GLC, there comes a point where the two books really should be read together. Some of the more interesting parts of the run happened in that book.
    Tomasi is probably one of the most underrated writers DC has right now. I loved his GLC run and he's been knocking it out of the park with Batman/Robin. Maybe we can get a GLC omnibus one day.