View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 689 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1895896396796856866876886896906916926936997397891189 ... LastLast
Results 10,321 to 10,335 of 21670
    Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    I'm more excited at the prospect of finishing out the GA and getting to SA/BA. Anybody care to shoot out a rough estimate for how many GA omni's would be left between now and then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    Depends on where they draw the line (I've seen Batman 103 and Detective 236 from October 1956 being designated as the start of the Silver Age for those titles). From my rough calculations, seems like it'd take a total of around 11 or 12 volumes to collect all the Golden Age issues including Detective and Batman as well as the issues of World's Finest, Star Spangled, All-Star, etc. that feature Batman during the Golden Age. Again, just a rough estimation based on the number of issues.
    They'll likely jump ahead to the SA and BA before they ever get through all the GA omnis, if publishing a dozen GA volumes is even realistically possible.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    I'm more excited at the prospect of finishing out the GA and getting to SA/BA. Anybody care to shoot out a rough estimate for how many GA omni's would be left between now and then?
    You've got a 4-5 year wait ahead of you at least....if they get that far, which is far from guaranteed.

Edit-I was counting superman, not batman...batman will be even longer.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

10-12 Golden Age volumes for Batman and Superman depending on how large they make them and when they decide to start the silver age. So at least six unsolicited volumes, or four years from now.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Amazon have put up a cover for the Wonder Woman Golden Age Vol. 1 Omnibus. I don't think we've seen this yet:

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Nice cover!!

I wonder if DC will re-release the GL, Flash and JLA omni's that now don't have the matching cover scheme they've moved towards?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Nice cover!!

I wonder if DC will re-release the GL, Flash and JLA omni's that now don't have the matching cover scheme they've moved towards?
    Do you mean the Silver Age ones? There's a new edition of Green Lanter: The Silver Age Omnibus due next year. 1000 pages, collecting SHOWCASE #22-24 and GREEN LANTERN #1-45.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Green-Lante...antern+omnibus

Can't see new editions of the others.
    Last edited by Transmit Him; 09-13-2016 at 07:28 AM.

Yes, the Silver Age ones. I had first seen conflicting info on that GL. I thought I saw a vol.3 at one point on that, it's now a vol.1 and overlapping the orig books it seems, yes?

Spectacular Member

Don't know if this means anything but I think IST is gonna sell the Brave Bold omnibus, thought it was delayed til January. Usually when you see a preorder you can only add to your wishlist and not click on the item.
    I was able to do that and it showed this

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC-C...ount/APR160385

Here is the amazon listing, almost want to jump on it as it will be cheaper, just worry about how it will be packaged and shippped.

https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Brave-...e+bold+omnibus
    Last edited by Avengers1986; 09-13-2016 at 11:13 AM.

Question for anyone who knows: did we never find out the identity of the Black Beetle because of fucking Flashpoint? Was in ever addressed in any of the Convergence minis or anything? Or does DC just not give a ****?

'Cause this Booster Gold series is pretty good, but I guess it never pays off?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Question for anyone who knows: did we never find out the identity of the Black Beetle because of fucking Flashpoint? Was in ever addressed in any of the Convergence minis or anything? Or does DC just not give a ****?

'Cause this Booster Gold series is pretty good, but I guess it never pays off?
    I vaguely remember Linkara talking about this in his Blue Beetle retrospective videos (Blue skying). I would highly recommend checking them out, I really liked them (even if you are not a fan of him because in these videos he is talking about something he loves for a change).
    http://atopthefourthwall.com/?s=blue+beetle

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I vaguely remember Linkara talking about this in his Blue Beetle retrospective videos (Blue skying). I would highly recommend checking them out, I really liked them (even if you are not a fan of him because in these videos he is talking about something he loves for a change).
    http://atopthefourthwall.com/?s=blue+beetle
    I'd be more forgiving if it hadn't been a mystery that was playing out over 40+ issues of Booster's series plus however many of Jaime's (I'm not reading those at this time). I mean, we're talking like a four year story (!) that never pays off because DC decides to burn the house down one day. Harsh. Probably wouldn't fly if it were Batman, but it's Booster Gold and Blue Beetle, so y'know, like they gave a **** about closure.

Golden Age Superman vol. 2 ordered today.

When does Silver Age Adam Strange come out? I'm not googling a solid answer for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    I'd be more forgiving if it hadn't been a mystery that was playing out over 40+ issues of Booster's series plus however many of Jaime's (I'm not reading those at this time). I mean, we're talking like a four year story (!) that never pays off because DC decides to burn the house down one day. Harsh. Probably wouldn't fly if it were Batman, but it's Booster Gold and Blue Beetle, so y'know, like they gave a **** about closure.
    I get your pain. Haven't checked the videos again but I think there was a resolution to the Black Beetle thing but can't remember what.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I get your pain. Haven't checked the videos again but I think there was a resolution to the Black Beetle thing but can't remember what.
    I vaguely remember reading these issues, and I think it was resolved, too. Not sure I remember who it was, though.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Hey guys, been a while. Been a little sick the last few months and reading is still a bit of a drag so I read almost nothing and couldn't bring it up anymore to keep up with the forum. So I was wondering if anyone could tell what omni's/absolutes have been announced for Dc the past 4/5 months, as I'm planning on reading more again after reading Omega Men in one go recently. Thanks a lot in advanced!

Ps, I'm planning to keep up a bit more in the future, but I can't promise anything
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47