View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 531 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 314314815215275285295305315325335345355415816311031 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,965 of 21672
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Question for you guys: I just noticed the 45% off for DC/Image went up on IST. How long does it usually last for? I'm trying to make a big purchase w/ the discount, but I'd prefer holding off for a while because I'm planning on having my additional 2% carry over in time for certain book I know I'll be buying last week of the month.
    I think those promotions usually last for a couple weeks. I thought I remember seeing them last for the month; but the new promo just went up and were half-eat through January. The Image sale still says Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I would email them; they're usually pretty good about responding.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Yessss ist picked and scanned me superman dedath/return omnibus!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats. Just got my shipment confirmation as well. I'm so happy I jumped on it when I did. I know there are others who are still waiting, I hope they get their copies too.

How is the Geoff johns Hawkman omnibus? Just made a blind buy since its only 25$ on hamiltonbooks(link is in the good deals thread, also dc one million omni, green lantern(broome) and 2 absolutes are 25$-30$)
    I know Its a glued blinding, but I couldnt pass up on a johns omni at that price. Just hope there packaging is good, but they allow returns for any reason.

How is the Geoff johns Hawkman omnibus? Just made a blind buy since its only 25$ on hamiltonbooks(link is in the good deals thread, also dc one million omni, green lantern(broome) and 2 absolutes are 25$-30$)
    I know Its a glued blinding, but I couldnt pass up on a johns omni at that price. Just hope there packaging is good, but they allow returns for any reason.
    Binding is INSANELY tight. Worse than any I've ever read. Paper is thick and good quality. It was honestly a pain to read with that binding, but luckily the comics within were GREAT, so that made it a little more bearable.

I hadn't checked the good deals thread in a while, so thank you for posting this!!! I just snagged the DC One Million omnibus for $30, which makes it my 2nd omnibus purchase!

You guys were right, this is starting to get addicting lol
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Yeah, I'm gonna grab both of those when I get home. Hope the stock holds out.
    Cyclops was right

Fantastic Member

So, what's the consensus on buying Darkseid War? Is the smart money on waiting for an omnibus or absolute collection? Or buying the two hardcovers and the companion collecting the one shots? I'm assuming any collection won't throw those in with the main series, right?

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    So, what's the consensus on buying Darkseid War? Is the smart money on waiting for an omnibus or absolute collection? Or buying the two hardcovers and the companion collecting the one shots? I'm assuming any collection won't throw those in with the main series, right?
    Probably going to be a long time for a omnibus/absolute. I myself have been buying the JL Hcs along with forever evil and trinity war and will also be picking up both darkside wars and the one shot book.

Also my Death/return superman omni come in today. Looks awesome, binding is great, like marvel quality. Cant wait to dive into it!

Probably going to be a long time for a omnibus/absolute. I myself have been buying the JL Hcs along with forever evil and trinity war and will also be picking up both darkside wars and the one shot book.

Also my Death/return superman omni come in today. Looks awesome, binding is great, like marvel quality. Cant wait to dive into it!
    I hate living in the middle of nowhere...mine shipped before yours, and it won't be in until Tuesday! Lol sigh...

Hey, so (question for everyone) how's the read on DC One Million? I have the old tpb which collected hardly anything...with all of the new content in the omnibus, does it read well? How about the binding & so forth?

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

It's worth $25 for sure. The binding is super tight and annoying to read but the stories are fun. I found it to be some of Johns most mundane run-of-the-mill work but it's definitely worth $25. Many people really love it though.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I hate living in the middle of nowhere...mine shipped before yours, and it won't be in until Tuesday! Lol sigh...

Hey, so (question for everyone) how's the read on DC One Million? I have the old tpb which collected hardly anything...with all of the new content in the omnibus, does it read well? How about the binding & so forth?
    Death and Return of Superman and DC One Million are my two favorite omniboo. I fear superhero comics will never be that good again. Maybe it's just sentimentality. DC One Million is a great omnibus with good, sewn binding.
    As far as reading goes, I find that including every single tie-in slows down the momentum of the main story a bit. I thought that the four-issue mini-series always had an amazing sense of pacing and impending doom,
    and in omnibus form it gets a little spread out between all the other issues. That being said, some of the tie-ins are absolutely essential, and some that aren't essential at all are still great reads on their own. It's definitely a must-buy.
    I also consider it an integral part of Morrison's Justice League run.

It's amazing to think that in this day and age where every mega-crossover event takes a year to tell and wears out its welcome, that DC originally published the entire DC One Million story in just one month.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    I'm waiting for some form of a collected edition.
    The way events are so decompressed it's better to binge read them. Even if that means it's a few months after everyone else.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    Death and Return of Superman and DC One Million are my two favorite omniboo. I fear superhero comics will never be that good again. Maybe it's just sentimentality. DC One Million is a great omnibus with good, sewn binding.
    As far as reading goes, I find that including every single tie-in slows down the momentum of the main story a bit. I thought that the four-issue mini-series always had an amazing sense of pacing and impending doom,
    and in omnibus form it gets a little spread out between all the other issues. That being said, some of the tie-ins are absolutely essential, and some that aren't essential at all are still great reads on their own. It's definitely a must-buy.
    I also consider it an integral part of Morrison's Justice League run.

It's amazing to think that in this day and age where every mega-crossover event takes a year to tell and wears out its welcome, that DC originally published the entire DC One Million story in just one month.
    Interesting...thank you very much for your impressions. I love Morrison, and finding this for $30 was a no brainer. I have the original trade (mine's just called "JLA: One Million) and it has the main story in it. I enjoy the inclusion of Solaris...I had read All Star Superman long before OM, so seeing Solaris' earlier appearance was fun.

I was hoping all of the tie-ins would really feel essential, but even if not I'll be giving this a read when it comes in. I suppose if it bogs things down too much, it'll still look nice on my shelf and I could use my older trade for re-reading the main story.

I have now purchased 2 omnibus volumes...the fever is kicking in!

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post

Idk what shipping option you chose, but I always go with fed ex, always gets to me about 2-4 days faster than USPS.

Idk what shipping option you chose, but I always go with fed ex, always gets to me about 2-4 days faster than USPS.
    The Mrs has a birthday in 2 weeks and I spent a bunch on books this month lol I went with free shipping, every dollar counts at this point.

Speaking of saving every dollar, does anyone know if those prices on Hamilton Books are a sale or everyday price? There's a couple I want to snag, but it wouldn't be in the next week or 2.