View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 609 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1095095595996056066076086096106116126136196597091109 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,135 of 21670

Quote Originally Posted by TajtheDestroyer View Post
    Now pushed to April 28, 2016.
    Suppose to be here today. Received a dispatched notification from Amazon and a tracking ID, which doesn't work. Amazon notes its 'Temporarily out of stock'. So I guess it's just a waiting game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    I had never even heard of this until recently. I've got the original War on Crime oversized paperback and always dug it. You'll have to let us know how the other stories are!
    They are good reads, I got the trade paperback. As expected the art is top notch and Paul Dini does a good job with the stories. I especially love the Superman: Peace on Earth, even though I find the ending kind of depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    It is an excellent, excellent series. The book was not cancelled, though both Ed Brubaker and Lark had left by the end, Greg Rucka continued and decided to end the story due to Brubaker and Lark's departure. The Infinite Crisis crossover kind of gets in the way and makes the end weaker than the beginning, but I would never say it gets bad or anything, it just leaves things on a bit of a cliffhanger (Rene Montoya and Crispus Allen's stories just continue in other books).

It's a street level procedural, Gotham City from the POV of the cops. Rucka and Brubaker were made to write this kind of story and if you've ever enjoyed anything by either of those writers (especially things like Criminal from Brubaker, or Rucka's Stumptown) you'll enjoy this. Not sure I'd ever call the art crude, it's just not bright and superhero-y as this isn't really a superhero book. Consequently, it does take some work to keep the large cast of characters straight since there are no costumes to make them easily identifiable, and because the cast is so sprawling. It reminds of the same way The Wire on HBO had a massive cast and just sort of threw you in and left it up to the audience to catch up, with a minimum of hand-holding.

As for the target audience, I would say it's geared more towards adults, though it's never Marvel Max or Vertigo level Mature Readers.

Exactly what Master Richard said, really good stuff.
    Although it was a few years ago when I've read it I remember really liking the perspective of the cops and how much they hate Batman who just pops in sometimes, acts like mr. knowitall and irritates everyone because he is a vigilante. Very ground level, human book but in a superhero world.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Thank you Dick Grayson and Balakin for your posts. Much appreciated

Spectacular Member

Any word if the rest of snyders batman run will be collected in absolute form?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Superman Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 3:

http://www.amazon.com/Superman-Golde...n%3A7421485011

DC are sure moving fast with the Golden and Silver Age Omnibus lines.

Default Is Batman Annual #3 Not Included in TPB?

I was looking through the Trade Paperbacks for Batman and noticed that Batman Annual #3 was missing. Batman Annual #2 is listed in two Trade Paperbacks.
    Last edited by Chilly Productions; 05-01-2016 at 02:28 PM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

Wow, did not expect this. I'm not interested im GA stuff but props for the commitment by Dc, they are really loyal to their fans.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

My guess is Annual #3 will probably be thrown in to the last volume (I believe it will be up to 9 at that point) with the last couple of issues (#51 and #52, #46 since it doesn't seem to be included with volume 7 or 8).

The descriptions make no mention of Batman Annual #3.

Edit: Sorry about the bad images, have some links instead.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Vol-...CXGAH6DMQ10ATV
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Vol-...eywords=vol+10
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chilly Productions; 05-01-2016 at 02:39 PM.

Sorry about that, meant volume 10. I wouldn't put to much stock in the amazon descriptions, I've found sometimes they are wrong(Between vol 8 and 9 they seemingly skip over issue 46, which is a totally normal part of the story that would be strange to exclude), plus so far DC has been fairly good about not excluding any issue from the collected editions from what I've seen, so like Graveyard Shift being a volume composed off the shorter stories/one offs, I imagine volume 10 will be similar and have the last issues yet to be collected.

I'm in, I just wish it was a week sooner so Christmas mail wont mess stuff up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by highlandhellboy View Post
    Any word if the rest of snyders batman run will be collected in absolute form?
    No word. I'm personally hoping they go ahead and collect either Superheavy or Endgame. Rrslly, I'll probably buy any of their arcs beside Death of the Family. Just not a huge fan of that one.
    Last edited by Johnatellodi; 05-01-2016 at 07:27 PM.

Nice, I appreciate DC's commitment to getting these out at a decent clip.

Wooo hooo gotham central omnibus tomorrow!! Who else is picking it up? It will my first time with the material. Although idk about the art, ive seen some pictures and my first impression wasnt that great. It'll grow on me, even if i don't like it it sounds like the story will definitely make up for it.