View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Amazing Member

Not hardcover, but is there a volume 2 planned for Azrael?

https://www.amazon.com/Azrael-Vol-Fa.../dp/B01BLZX180

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    Not hardcover, but is there a volume 2 planned for Azrael?

https://www.amazon.com/Azrael-Vol-Fa.../dp/B01BLZX180
    This is probably a test balloon. How do pre-orders go, well? Lets see how many we sell after that and decide on vol.2.
    Pre-Orders go poorly, cancel it.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This is probably a test balloon. How do pre-orders go, well? Lets see how many we sell after that and decide on vol.2.
    Agreed on it being a test balloon. It came out in March 2016, so it's not really a question of pre-orders at this point and they can, and have, seen actual sales numbers by now enough to make a decision. I expect the OP was asking if there'll be a volume two since volume one came out so long ago.

My guess is no, given the length of time that passed and the poor reproduction of every issue of the Azrael ongoing that has appeared in any recent collection (Contagion, No Man's Land etc.) It's a great series up through Cataclysm or so, and worthy of reprinting, so it's a shame it doesn't appear to be happening.

I've been reading the One Million tpb I recently acquired a used copy of (The tpb solely containing the mini-series penned by Morrison).....I've been enjoying it so far, and I particularly liked how Morrison included some of the Starman mythos into the storyline. Great stuff with Ted Knight talking to his descendant.

If they ever release Morrison's JLA series in omnibus form, do you think they'll include this mini-series in the omnibus books? I would hope they would, as it seems like it's somewhat integral to Morrison's JLA run.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Agreed on it being a test balloon. It came out in March 2016, so it's not really a question of pre-orders at this point and they can, and have, seen actual sales numbers by now enough to make a decision. I expect the OP was asking if there'll be a volume two since volume one came out so long ago.

My guess is no, given the length of time that passed and the poor reproduction of every issue of the Azrael ongoing that has appeared in any recent collection (Contagion, No Man's Land etc.) It's a great series up through Cataclysm or so, and worthy of reprinting, so it's a shame it doesn't appear to be happening.
    Thanks.

I bought the Knightfall omnis, I wish they'd put Sword of Azrael in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Author View Post
    Thanks.

I bought the Knightfall omnis, I wish they'd put Sword of Azrael in them.
    They’ve reissued Knightfall half a dozen times now, and every time they try to make it “more complete” they just can’t get it right. It’s not even that complicated, I’m not sure what the problem is.

And why they left it out of Knightfall but felt it made sense tacked onto the beginning of the Azrael ongoing is beyond me. I’d like to think there’s some kind of rights thing happening with Sword of Azrael, something other than just incompetence but... well, who knows?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I didn't even realize that. Thought he was discussing a new solicit. I have the whole Azrael run which is why I overlooked it most likely back then.
    Now, if they ever did an Omni series for it, I'm down. The art in there is great!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

They’ve reissued Knightfall half a dozen times now, and every time they try to make it “more complete” they just can’t get it right. It’s not even that complicated, I’m not sure what the problem is.

And why they left it out of Knightfall but felt it made sense tacked onto the beginning of the Azrael ongoing is beyond me. I’d like to think there’s some kind of rights thing happening with Sword of Azrael, something other than just incompetence but... well, who knows?
    Meh, at this point I'm willing to accept that it's just incompetence...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

We are talking about the same company that covered most every main character or series from the Silver Age into the Bronze Age in Omnibus
    and yet seem to have zero intention on giving there two cash cows and probably what fans want most Silver and Bronze Age treatment.
    Naturally I am referring to Batman and Superman and there adventures in Batman, Detective Comics, Superman, and Action Comics.

So the Conner/Palmiotti Harley Quinn omnibus 2 came out this week and it says it's volume 2 of 3. Have we seen contents for volume 3 yet? Will it just be their Rebirth issues? Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    We are talking about the same company that covered most every main character or series from the Silver Age into the Bronze Age in Omnibus
    and yet seem to have zero intention on giving there two cash cows and probably what fans want most Silver and Bronze Age treatment.
    Naturally I am referring to Batman and Superman and there adventures in Batman, Detective Comics, Superman, and Action Comics.
    Can't print everything at once OR you risk having too much OPP for new readers just starting collections and turning them away. I know I am still catching up.

They're getting there. They just can't over-saturate the market.

They current have:

Golden Age Supes
    Golden Age Bats
    Brave and the Bold Bats
    Silver and Bronze JLA with Supes and Bats
    World's Finest Silver Age with Supes and Bats
    Post Crisis Consecutive Supes and Bats issues

As a Marvel fan who is trying to get everything old school DC, thats overwhelming!

Spectacular Member

So the Blackest Night omnibus is going to be over 1600 pages

Incredible Member

Comic book conundrum of the year:

Do I keep Absolute edition of Batman and Robin by Morrison or let it go in favor of Batman by Morrison Omnibus volume 2?

Seriously can't decide. I love the Absolute format, but I also like uniformity and the inclusion of Batman #700.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Comic book conundrum of the year:

Do I keep Absolute edition of Batman and Robin by Morrison or let it go in favor of Batman by Morrison Omnibus volume 2?

Seriously can't decide. I love the Absolute format, but I also like uniformity and the inclusion of Batman #700.
    Is keeping both not an option?

I'm super excited to see the Morrison omnibus advance solicited. Especially the "in reading order" part - that should be interesting to see what they ended up deciding was the reading order. Worth noting the solicitation copy does not include Batman: The Return in it (which suggests it'll be in its proper place kicking off V3).

All-New Member

Azzarello Wonder Woman...Absolutes or the upcoming omni? What do you guys think is the move here?