View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 626 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1265265766166226236246256266276286296306366767261126 ... LastLast
Results 9,376 to 9,390 of 21671

Hi Guys,

I noticed only recently, that the Sandman Overture had a variant Cover (one is by Williams the other by McKean). So my OCD kicked in immediately and I have therefore a question: Are there any other DC OHC with variant covers?
    Many thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    "STARMAN OMNIBUS VOLUME 3 TP has been cancelled and will not be resolicited."

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/l...for-04-20-2016
    This is really a mess. The only explanation I can think of, is that they are planning another format like 2 big Omnibuses for the whole run.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    This is really a mess. The only explanation I can think of, is that they are planning another format like 2 big Omnibuses for the whole run.
    Or that the entire run is dead in the water because despite how great it is it does not sell.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Or that the entire run is dead in the water because despite how great it is it does not sell.
    I think this is the more likely explanation.

BANNED

Someone needs to make a Starman tv show so we can get a Omnibus or two. :,(

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    He's aware that appears to have been cancelled completely, it's just the confusing messaging surrounded it, such as it still being available for preorder at lots of places, volume 4 being available for preorder and (from my experience recounted above) volume 1 becoming more available after 3s apparent cancellation.
    Cancelled items still being available for pre-order happens all the time....Amazon still thinks they'll be able to send me the Batman: Shaman reprint despite it being cancelled ages ago. Starman Volume 4 turned up on Hachette before the cancellation of Volume 3 was announced so that's why it's still around as a listing.

However, until you see Volume 4 officially solicited by DC just assume it's not happening. Once DC says something won't be resolicited it's usually final...unless anyone can think of any counter-examples.

No idea about Volume 1, maybe they were liquidating stock?

Spectacular Member

Amazon has a good discount on the Manapul/Buccellato Flash omnibus. How's the material? Is this the series from the beginning of New 52?

Amazing Member Thor God Of Thunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    A New gods by Simonson omnibus, a Batman Neal Adams omnibus, Transmetropolitan Absolutes and Y the last man Absolutes I thought
    can you link me someone on that simonson omnibus. tried finding it but got nothing do u have an eta or pics or info?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor God Of Thunder View Post
    can you link me someone on that simonson omnibus. tried finding it but got nothing do u have an eta or pics or info?
    This was the orion omnibus
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Orion-Walte...=orion+omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    i got that, i dont think that is what he was referencing he said a "New Gods".

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Did they ever actually do any advertising for it? It's easily one of my favorite cape stories and I think everybody should be able to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    Did they ever actually do any advertising for it? It's easily one of my favorite cape stories and I think everybody should be able to read it.
    I doubt they did any advertising beyond the usual solicits. They were standard hardcover sized books (or tpbs), so I doubt it, which wouldn't be unusual.
    Yes, they were great stories and critically acclaimed but they weren't well known by the general public because they didn't feature a lot of Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman, which is what sells right now.
    Who knows, maybe a Starman show on the CW would make the character more popular.
    At this point, though, consider the series dead in the water.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Simonson never wrote a New Gods series, aside from that Orion.

The only other people with enough material for an omnibus are John Byrne (90s series) or the actual Kirby stuff itself in a real omnibus (not those poor ones DC put out with the cheap paper and at standard size).
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Simonson never wrote a New Gods series, aside from that Orion.

The only other people with enough material for an omnibus are John Byrne (90s series) or the actual Kirby stuff itself in a real omnibus (not those poor ones DC put out with the cheap paper and at standard size).
    i had been looking at the Kirby stuff but no Omni like you said and to get the current volumes is kinda expensive. No word on a Kirby omnibus then.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I did mean Orion actually, sorry for the confusion. I think the only other New Gods related titles in hardcover are the 4 Kirby faux-omnibi.

Edit: if you really want to go hardcore though there are various Artist editions of New Gods material, including the Kirby stuff.
    Last edited by victorxd1999; 05-31-2016 at 09:40 AM.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47