View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    What’s his Green Hornet and Zorro like?
    Zorro was not very good at all. Never got around to Green Hornet.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DC's Omnibus and Absolute sales in July 2018:

Batman By Grant Morrison Omnibus Vol. 1 - 1,767
    Ex Machina: The Complete Series Omnibus – 661
    Flash: The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 3 – 628
    Absolute Sandman Overture – 314
    New Teen Titans Omnibus Vol. 3 (New Edition) – 279
    Absolute Authority Vol. 2 (New Edition) - 266

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    DC's Omnibus and Absolute sales in July 2018:

Batman By Grant Morrison Omnibus Vol. 1 - 1,767
    Ex Machina: The Complete Series Omnibus – 661
    Flash: The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 3 – 628
    Absolute Sandman Overture – 314
    New Teen Titans Omnibus Vol. 3 (New Edition) – 279
    Absolute Authority Vol. 2 (New Edition) - 266
    When did NTT vol 3 come out? end of month? Cuz that number seems really low. I realize it's a reprint, but still. At least I know I'm one of those 279, I suppose. ;-)

And pardon so many questions, but is the Flash SA vol 3 - is that a good number for this kind of book? I've been getting all of these SA/BA omnis from DC, but I 100% realize these are not everyone's cup of tea (ala Morrison Batman apparently is!) so just curious if that's a "safe" number or a worrisome number.

thanks!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    When did NTT vol 3 come out? end of month? Cuz that number seems really low. I realize it's a reprint, but still. At least I know I'm one of those 279, I suppose. ;-)

And pardon so many questions, but is the Flash SA vol 3 - is that a good number for this kind of book? I've been getting all of these SA/BA omnis from DC, but I 100% realize these are not everyone's cup of tea (ala Morrison Batman apparently is!) so just curious if that's a "safe" number or a worrisome number.

thanks!
    NTT Vol. 3 Omni had a release date of 24 July.

628 is an ok-ish number for a SA Omni.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I had the same thought on Flash Silver Age vol.3

Does that complete the Silver Age material for him or would there be a fourth volume?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I had the same thought on Flash Silver Age vol.3

Does that complete the Silver Age material for him or would there be a fourth volume?
    I'm no expert personally, but I was told on another message board when I asked that question, that now both Flash and GL are done with Silver Ages. Bring on the Bronze age in 2019!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate

Fantastic Member

I'm so torn on the Seven Soldiers omni. On one hand, I love most of anything Grant Morrison writes. On the other, I know next to nothing about most of these characters or what the series is about in general.

Is there any word on a Silver Age Hawkman omnibus? Or the thick SA trades like they're doing with the other lines.

I'm surprised they're bringing out Adam Strange Silver Age Trades so soon after the omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    I'm so torn on the Seven Soldiers omni. On one hand, I love most of anything Grant Morrison writes. On the other, I know next to nothing about most of these characters or what the series is about in general.
    I don't think you need any prior knowledge about these characters to enjoy the series.
    As for what it's about: it's the greatest team that never was! 7 miniseries that add up to a bigger whole. Each is about one of the team members but it's not really a team. A unique experiment with the format and I think if you like Morrison you won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I don't think you need any prior knowledge about these characters to enjoy the series.
    As for what it's about: it's the greatest team that never was! 7 miniseries that add up to a bigger whole. Each is about one of the team members but it's not really a team. A unique experiment with the format and I think if you like Morrison you won't be disappointed.
    I've been waiting on an omnibus for this storyline since I've heard a lot of praise about it. I'm looking forward to receiving it from IST!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I've been waiting on an omnibus for this storyline since I've heard a lot of praise about it. I'm looking forward to receiving it from IST!

I read this in floppies when it came out years ago. I don't remember much other than some of it was really good. I ordered my copy from IST today.

Spectacular Member

Is Amazon usually a good way to gauge when a boom is about to go out of print?

Incredible Member

for those wondering about this weeks Batman: Caped Crusader vol 1 the contents are-

Batman 417-425 & 430-431
    Batman Annual 12
    Who's Who '87 profiles for Jason Todd, Commissioner Gordon, KGBeast & the Joker

Meaning that as per the solicit "Death in the Family is skipped", so Jason is fine in 425 and the next issue Batman is acting solemn over his death, where is the logic in skipping this exactly?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Is Amazon usually a good way to gauge when a boom is about to go out of print?
    I sometimes track Amazon.ca and Amazon.com. If it is out of stock in one, its likely time to buy. It may be a while yet or it might sell out in a week. You will see often "more on the way" when something is getting low. I have seen a few times when it gets down to zero that no more is actually on the way. Most often though it will go on a long time getting new stock. It seems these days that popular books (Certain omnibus or MMW volumes) sell out in about a year. Seems more a Marvel thing for some reason. Not sure if they simply sell a lot more or if they print less.
    I also use this forum. It was pointed out that Amazon had sold out of Avengers by Hickman 1 so I made sure to buy where available.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    Is there any word on a Silver Age Hawkman omnibus? Or the thick SA trades like they're doing with the other lines.

I'm surprised they're bringing out Adam Strange Silver Age Trades so soon after the omnibus.
    No word on any 'new' lines, like SA Hawkman. Sorry. And if they continue to follow former precedent, they release an omni first, and then later release the thick trades.
    I'm not sure the exact dates, but they recently released Doom patrol trade vol 1, and upcoming Adam Strange vol 1; I'm not sure the release date of the trade compared to the omnibus release - not sure if we can gleam anything from that or not. They might just want to get the trades out to market faster, I dunno.