View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Hopefully D C will soon follow up with a John Byrne Superman Omnibus soon
    Tops on my wish-list.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Now that I can (fingers and toes crossed) check off the Snyder new 52 Batman omnibus
    Hopefully D C will soon follow up with a John Byrne Superman Omnibus soon
    Marvel's been pumping out the Byrne stuff a lot recently, I wonder if DC is waiting for them to exhaust their material?

I am not sure why the Byrne Superman has never gotten any hard cover treatment, let alone an omnibus.
    Both Byrne Wonder Woman and original Batman And The Outsiders will be wrapping up the hard cover run
    this Summer with volume 3 of each. Makes we wonder if D C will turn around and issue an omnibus for
    either or maybe go the collected edition trade route.
    Not sure if the Azzarello Wonder Woman omnibus is still a go, but I do know (for now) there
    will be a Brian Azzarello/ Cliff Chiang Collected Edition Wonder Woman coming out this summer
    and it will contain issues 1-12.

Byrne Superman omnis would be massive sellers I bet, I wonder what they're waiting for too.

In the meantime, I'm absolutely loving the Wonder Woman by George Perez omni - almost done with vol. 1.. Some of the best comic art I've seen and the writing is superb, I really look forward to the next issue. This is the first WW comics I've ever read and I can't imagine anyone else doing it better.

Incredible Member

I am in for Animal Man. There has been recent apprehension about their collected edition department given their re-org but I have seen some good/interesting things. Animal Man (Lemire), Wonder Woman GA 4, Doom Patrol Bronze and some of the big cancelled books have already been re-solicited (Absolute Swamp Thing, NTT 4).

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I am in for Animal Man. There has been recent apprehension about their collected edition department given their re-org but I have seen some good/interesting things. Animal Man (Lemire), Wonder Woman GA 4, Doom Patrol Bronze and some of the big cancelled books have already been re-solicited (Absolute Swamp Thing, NTT 4).
    It's also good to see they are continuing the Deluxe format for current ongoing series. I know some people were thinking the format was killed off entirely, but it's probably a case of being very judicious in deciding what gets deluxed.

Yes, I have now made deluxe a verb

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Byrne Superman omnis would be massive sellers I bet, I wonder what they're waiting for too.

In the meantime, I'm absolutely loving the Wonder Woman by George Perez omni - almost done with vol. 1.. Some of the best comic art I've seen and the writing is superb, I really look forward to the next issue. This is the first WW comics I've ever read and I can't imagine anyone else doing it better.
    That's pretty intuitive of you, because I've read nearly every issue of WW from 1985 and Perez is still the gold standard.

A few have come close (Rucka, Simone, Rucka again...), but editorial always finds a way to ruin nice things.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

So I have been out of the loop on things for a few months, do we have an updated list for omnibus and absolutes in 2019?

More cancellations, via the folks over at the MMW forums:

Titans Book 2 (from the 2008 Titans series)
    Batman: The Dark Knight Vol 3 (post COIE/Year One)

I've also noticed that the Black Label reprints of the Miller Dark Knight books have been cancelled as well, but that might have been mentioned before.

Really glad I held out on the Lemire AM. The tpbs were coming up on mt to buy list

Also, I'd really like DK3 Master Race to be released in a single deluxe hardcover

Animal Man was one of my favorite New 52 runs.
    I plan on getting the omnibus
    I don't know how they plan of packaging this book
    for $100

from my calculations the omnibus would need to have
    Animal Man 1-29
    Animal Man annual #1-2
    Swamp Thing #12-18
    Swamp Thing annual #1
    Which would have to come in at roughly 900 pages

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    More cancellations, via the folks over at the MMW forums:

Titans Book 2 (from the 2008 Titans series)
    Batman: The Dark Knight Vol 3 (post COIE/Year One)

I've also noticed that the Black Label reprints of the Miller Dark Knight books have been cancelled as well, but that might have been mentioned before.
    I knew I shouldn't have bought Titans Book 1... but the Batman book is honestly a big surprise!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Im im for Animal Man! It was my favorite N52 run. It made me cry, it was so good. Glad to see some recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    That's pretty intuitive of you, because I've read nearly every issue of WW from 1985 and Perez is still the gold standard.

A few have come close (Rucka, Simone, Rucka again...), but editorial always finds a way to ruin nice things.
    Good to hear this from a long-time reader. I'm not sure why WW comics never really interested me much, but Perez' "origin" treatment just seems so fresh and unique, I'm truly blown away. I love Spidey by Lee/Ditko and Batman: Year One is probably my favorite origin story, but this run by Perez might become my favorite.

Not only is the art just incredible but his characterization of WW has her being so nice, innocent, peace-loving, almost naive, it's impossible not to love her. But she's also not dumb, so she's reallly not naive about her role in history and who she is and represents. Great stuff!