View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 628 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 1285285786186246256266276286296306316326386787281128 ... LastLast
Results 9,406 to 9,420 of 21657
    Mighty Member

Voted as well. This was way easier than picking for Marcel, as DC is seriously lacking in their omnibus production. I probably could have done a top 25 list.

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    Alright. Here goes nothing.

For those of you that don't know, over on the Marvel forums, a user named Tigereyes has created a top 50 list of the most wanted Marvel Omnibus Editions. Using a secret ballot system, he requested that forum readers and enthusiasts to send to him their most wanted books with theoretical contents. Using the secret ballots, Tigereyes compiled a list of the top 50 most wanted books and has been revealing them slowly to great effect.

Since we don't have the traffic of the Marvel forum, the DC forum may not reach a top 50, but I'd still like to see what our users think about possible future omnibus collections.

Here are the rules:
    1. PM me your 10 most wanted omnibus or absolutes in order of most wanted.
    2. PM me the theoretical contents of said omnibus or absolute editions.

Using your submissions I'll make a list. That easy. Tell me what you guys want! I'll give you guys two weeks.

Send me those submissions!
    Not a huge DC fan but there some books I'd love to see so I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Voted as well. This was way easier than picking for Marcel, as DC is seriously lacking in their omnibus production. I probably could have done a top 25 list.
    Ditto! It took me about a week to put together my Marvel list, this was a matter of minutes.

Spectacular Member

To clarify on contents, I'd like these books to be somewhat realistic and somewhat specific on contents. For example, using John Constantine, one could say they might want a Hellblazer omnibus. Clearly 1-300 is out of the question, but a Hellblazer by Ennis or Hellblazer by Azzarello works fine. I'm not looking to ask for minimum of issues, as Devil Dinosaur over at Marvel proved, however unlikely, an omnibus could be 9 issues long. The maximum, however, should be limited to existing editions. Geoff Johns Teen Titans has nearly 60 issues. Would I personally want a book that long? Not necessarily, though you might. Same goes for Absolutes. Absolute Preacher will, evidently feature the first 26 issues. That can be our cut-off.

Lastly, have fun with this. Send me submissions and bump the thread. I have a few submissions so far, but the bigger the sample I get, the better the survey. Feel free to ask as many questions as you want, I'll try to respond quickly.
    Last edited by Enormouse; 06-03-2016 at 09:26 AM.

Just sent you my lists, thanks for the initiative.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Are we cool to include Vertigo titles in our list?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I would think so since he used Hellblazer as a sample of how to vote

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Definitely. I haven't decided on my 10 yet, though I figure I'll be including some vertigo as well.

Any imprint of DC is fair game so long as they still control the property. That goes for ABC and Wildstorm as well. Any other relevant imprints that I missed?
    Last edited by Enormouse; 06-03-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I'll have a list soon. Already have a top five after 5 minutes of thinking.
    Cyclops was right

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    Alright. Here goes nothing.
    Using your submissions I'll make a list. That easy. Tell me what you guys want! I'll give you guys two weeks.

Send me those submissions!
    I just PM'd a list of 10 to you.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Cool initiative! I did the same 2 years ago IIRC correctly but the results were on my old phone (Gotham Central was 2nd though, I remember that). Will PM my list soon!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Cool initiative! I did the same 2 years ago IIRC correctly but the results were on my old phone (Gotham Central was 2nd though, I remember that). Will PM my list soon!
    Thanks. I thought we did one, but I wasn't sure who did it.

I've been getting some interesting results and this has been very fun so far. I'm surprised about somethings that haven't been selected, but I still haven't made my list. Ive been agonizing over it.

Incredible Member

I am reading and loving the Batman Neal Adams Omnibus!! Reading it actually makes me despise the grim dark Batman of the more modern era, as well as the insistence on rigid 4 or 5 issue story arcs. I can only hope Tom King makes his Batman a bit more like O'Neill's and Adams, Batman (done in one stories from time to time, a batman who is a little more fun, a batman that travels the world rather than camping in Gotham, a batman who makes mistakes and isn't a batgod, etc).

Spectacular Member

For those interested, the list so far consists of 47 different books with varying degrees of interest. Lots of cool stuff in there.

Remember to label your list 1-10 in order of interest with number 1 being highest and 10 being your lowest.

There are 13 days left to vote!

I'm curious: How are you handing books, which are suggested both as absolutes and omnibuses? E.g. a 40-issues run could be done as 2 Absolutes but would also fit for an Omnibus.