View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1082 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 8258298210321072107810791080108110821083108410851086109211321182 ... LastLast
Results 16,216 to 16,230 of 21672

Default Got the Kamandi Omnibus this week.

Got the Kamandi Omnibus this week. Fantastic! Never read the comics before, great story (if you can get past the blatant Planet of the Apes influence) and brilliant art.
    Last edited by Blastaar; 05-15-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Fantastic Member

Have there been any solicits for Batman/Catwoman: The Wedding Album - The Deluxe Edition that list it containing more than just Batman #44 & #50? I only ask because that seems like a really small deluxe that must just contain a lot of extras if only two issues.

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    Have there been any solicits for Batman/Catwoman: The Wedding Album - The Deluxe Edition that list it containing more than just Batman #44 & #50? I only ask because that seems like a really small deluxe that must just contain a lot of extras if only two issues.
    My first thought was two words: CASH. GRAB.

But seriously, though, has DC/WB been promoting this at all? I know in the past, Marvel's gone on "The View" and had little blurbs on CNN's entertainment section, etc... stating "Captain America has died" or whatever the BIG thing is going on at the moment that will change everything but then gets reverted in 6 months.

Did they ever tell the masses that Batman is marrying Catwoman in the comics? Just curious. Cuz to me, that's what this Deluxe (if it comes to fruition as stated above) would be aimed at - those random 'curious' non-comic readers. All 35 of them. <smirk>
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I don't mean to be negative here, but I'm over 200 pages into the Doom Patrol omni & I'm not feeling it so far. I don't want to accuse Morrison of using weird for the sake of weird, but I'm clearly missing something.

Is there some subtext or arcing theme I should be thinking about when reading it?

I loved it. The Doom Patrol are a bit weird anyways but obviously Morrison takes it further. It works for me for the Doom Patrol. It's not going to be for everyone. His Invisibles I like as well but there were times when I felt he was trying too hard to make it not be too ordinary so I can get what you're saying.
    I bought the trade paperbacks of Doom Patrol because I wasn't too sure how much I would like it.

I don't mean to be negative here, but I'm over 200 pages into the Doom Patrol omni & I'm not feeling it so far. I don't want to accuse Morrison of using weird for the sake of weird, but I'm clearly missing something.

Is there some subtext or arcing theme I should be thinking about when reading it?
    Just read it as if it were a f-ed up JLA. It's "just" a good superhero book with weird heroes and weirder villains.
    I've read it after I've read the Invisibles and The Filth so it wasn't that weird for me (I actually was kinda disappointed how tame it was compared to those).

Don’t worry, I didn’t get that far before I gave up

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Don’t worry, I didn’t get that far before I gave up
    At least keep at it until you've read The Beard Hunter. Worth the (time) investment alone.

Mighty Member

I still like the book a decent amount, because I like Morrison and teams. I was worried I'd missed the meta/subtext somehow because of the style though.
    I'm not usually one to advocate trudging thru for the sake of finishing, but in this case i feel like the progression, and ending in particular, are worth it

Fantastic Member

Here are the HCs from the August solictations:

ACTION COMICS #1000: THE DELUXE EDITION HC
    written by DAN JURGENS, PETER J. TOMASI, MARV WOLFMAN, GEOFF JOHNS and RICHARD DONNER, SCOTT SNYDER, TOM KING, LOUISE SIMONSON, PAUL DINI, BRAD MELTZER, PAUL LEVITZ and BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art by DAN JURGENS, PATRICK GLEASON, CURT SWAN, OLIVIER COIPEL, RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE, CLAY MANN, JOSE LUIS GARCIA-LOPEZ, JOHN CASSADAY, NEAL ADAMS, JIM LEE and others
    cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    The celebration of 1,000 issues of ACTION COMICS continues with a new Deluxe Edition of the amazing comic that won raves when it hit comics shops in April! This hardcover includes all the stories from that issue, plus the tale by writer Paul Levitz and artist Neal Adams that appeared in the ACTION COMICS: 80 YEARS OF SUPERMAN hardcover, as well as all the variant covers (open to buy and retailer exclusives), design sketches by Jim Lee for Superman’s new look, scripts for the stories, the original art from the lost story featuring
    art by Curt Swan and more! Plus: a complete reprint of the stories that started it all—the Superman stories from ACTION COMICS #1 and 2 from 1938!
    ON SALE 09.26.18
    $19.99 US | 160 PAGES
    7.0625” x 10.875”
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8597-5

BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS (DC MODERN CLASSICS EDITION) HC
    written by FRANK MILLER
    art by FRANK MILLER and KLAUS JANSON
    cover by FRANK MILLER
    DC introduces DC Modern Classics, collecting groundbreaking, genre-defining works in new hardcover editions, presented in a beautifully designed slipcase.
    In these tales from THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS #1-4, it is 10 years after an aging Batman retired, and Gotham City has sunk deeper into decadence and lawlessness. Now, as his city needs him most, the Dark Knight returns in a blaze of glory. Joined by the new Robin, Carrie Kelly, Batman takes to the streets to face the mutant gangs that have overrun his city.
    ON SALE 12.05.18
    $49.99 US | 200 PAGES
    BOOK: 6.625” x 10.1875”
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8531-9

BATMAN: THE GATES OF GOTHAM DELUXE EDITION HC
    written by SCOTT SNYDER and KYLE HIGGINS
    art by TREVOR McCARTHY and others
    cover by TREVOR McCARTHY
    Now collected in a Deluxe Edition hardcover! When a mystery as old as Gotham City itself emerges, Batman assembles a team of detectives—including Red Robin, Owlman, I-Ching and others—to investigate. As clues are discovered and the mystery deepens, the team explores different eras and touches on families including the Waynes, Kanes and Elliotts. This volume collects the five-issue miniseries plus stories from BATMAN ANNUAL #28 and DETECTIVE COMICS ANNUAL #12
    ON SALE 11.07.18
    $29.99 US | 160 PAGES
    7.0625” x 10.875”
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8420-6

BATMAN: HUSH UNWRAPPED HC NEW EDITION
    written by JEPH LOEB
    art and cover by JIM LEE
    The amazing hardcover that presents Jim Lee’s artwork in pencil form, with lettering and in black-and-white is back! Relive the thrilling mystery of the best-selling BATMAN: HUSH from BATMAN #608-619 as the Dark Knight sets out to discover the identity of a mysterious mastermind using The Joker, the Riddler, Ra’s al Ghul and the Dark Knight’s other enemies—and allies—as pawns in a plan to wreak havoc.
    ON SALE 09.26.18
    $39.99 US | 320 PAGES
    B&W | ISBN: 978-1-4012-9021-4

BATMAN / CATWOMAN: THE WEDDING ALBUM: THE DELUXE EDITION HC
    written by TOM KING
    art by DAVID FINCH, JOELLE JONES, MIKEL JANIN and DANNY MIKI
    cover by MIKEL JANIN
    The historic wedding of Batman and Catwoman is commemorated in this must-have collector’s item, featuring the historic wedding issue and the tales leading up to the big day, plus behind-the-scenes design sketches and variant covers. Collects BATMAN #24, 44 and 50, plus the retailer variant covers from issue #50, wedding dress designs by Joëlle Jones, the script to issue #44 and more.
    ON SALE 09.05.18
    $17.99 US | 128 PAGES
    7.0625” x 10.875”
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8653-8

BEFORE WATCHMEN OMNIBUS HC
    written by BRIAN AZZARELLO, DARWYN COOKE, AMANDA CONNER, LEN WEIN and J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI
    art by J.G. JONES, DARWYN COOKE, AMANDA CONNER, STEVE RUDE, ADAM HUGHES, EDUARDO RISSO, ANDY KUBERT, JOE KUBERT, JAE LEE, LEE BERMEJO and JOHN HIGGINS
    cover by LEE BERMEJO
    Dive deeper into the world of WATCHMEN by following the famous characters around in their own solo stories, now collected in a new Omnibus edition. Learn how Rorschach started down his dark path. Find out how the Vietnam War and the Kennedy assassination revolve around the Comedian. Take an introspective look at Silk Spectre as she struggles with her overbearing superhero mother and her scattered path toward taking the mantle of the Silk Spectre.
    Collects the BEFORE WATCHMEN miniseries Comedian #1-6, Rorschach #1-4, Minutemen #1-6, Silk Spectre #1-4, Nite Owl #1-4, Dr. Manhattan #1-4, Moloch #1-2, Ozymandias #1-6, Crimson Corsair #1 and Dollar Bill #1.
    ON SALE 12.19.18
    $125.00 US | 1,064 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8551-7

HOUSE OF MYSTERY: THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
    written and illustrated by VARIOUS
    cover by RYAN SOOK
    Welcome to the House of Mystery, where dark secrets are hidden in every shadow—and there may be no escape! Now these classic tales of the mysterious and the macabre are gathered for the first time in a handsome hardcover edition. This omnibus edition collects issues #174-200 of the acclaimed series with tantalizing work by a host of comics’ greatest talents including Bernie Wrightson, Alex Toth, Gil Kane, Marv Wolfman, Wally Wood, Neal Adams, Sergio Aragonés and many more!
    ON SALE 01.02.19
    $99.99 US | 792 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8566-1

IMPULSE BY MARK WAID AND HUMBERTO RAMOS OMNIBUS HC
    written by MARK WAID and others
    art by HUMBERTO RAMOS, WAYNE FAUCHER, OSCAR JIMENEZ and others
    cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
    This fast-paced hardcover includes Impulse’s relocation from the 30th century to his adventures in 20th-century Alabama under the tutelage of speedster Max Mercury. In these early tales, Impulse meets White Lightning, battles the ninja crew of Savitar, teams up with Zatanna and visiting Legionnaire XS and more! Collects IMPULSE #1-27, THE FLASH #108-111 and a story from SECRET ORIGINS 80-PAGE GIANT #1.
    ON SALE 10.17.18
    $99.99 US | 768 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8133-5

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US YEAR ONE DELUXE EDITION BOOK ONE HC
    written by TOM TAYLOR
    art by JHEREMY RAAPACK, MIKE S. MILLER, BRUNO REDONDO, DAVID YARDIN, TOM DERENICK and others
    video game art cover
    In this hardcover collection, the line between good and evil is blurred when The Joker unleashes a deadly plot on his latest victim—Superman! And when the Man of Steel starts killing, the heroes of the DC Universe must decide if they are with Superman or against him. Based on the video game phenomenon Injustice: Gods Among Us, this Deluxe Edition collects issues #1-12 and ANNUAL #1, plus a new introduction by Tom Taylor and never-before-published behind-the-scenes content.
    ON SALE 09.19.18
    $49.99 US | 456 PAGES
    7.0625” x 10.875”
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8434-3

WATCHMEN (DC MODERN CLASSICS EDITION) HC
    written by ALAN MOORE
    art and cover by DAVE GIBBONS
    DC introduces DC Modern Classics, collecting groundbreaking, genre-defining works in new hardcover editions, presented in a beautifully designed slipcase. In a world where the mere presence of American super-heroes changed history, the U.S. won the Vietnam War, Richard Nixon is still president, and the Cold War is in effect. WATCHMEN begins as a murder mystery, but soon unfolds into a planet-altering conspiracy. As the resolution comes to a head, an unlikely group of reunited heroes—Rorschach, Nite Owl, Silk Spectre, Dr. Manhattan and Ozymandias—must test the limits of their convictions and ask themselves where the true line between good and evil lies.
    ON SALE 11.14.18
    $49.99 US | 392 PAGES 6.625” x 10.1875”
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8471-8

Fantastic Member

And ofcourse the "fat" TPBs:

BATMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE VOL. 5 TP
    written by BILL FINGER, DON CAMERON and others
    art by BOB KANE, JERRY ROBINSON and others
    cover by EVAN “DOC” SHANER
    This fifth volume of BATMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE collects more of the Dark Knight Detective’s adventures from the late 1940s, including battles with evildoers including The Joker, the Penguin and Catwoman, plus a tale in which the Caped Crusaders join Robin Hood’s band of merry men. Collects DETECTIVE COMICS #75-81, BATMAN #16-20 and WORLD’S FINEST COMICS #10-11.
    ON SALE 09.19.18
    $29.99 US | 384 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8461-9

BATMAN: PRELUDE TO KNIGHTFALL TP
    written by CHUCK DIXON and DOUG MOENCH
    art by GRAHAM NOLAN, TOM GRINDBERG, JIM APARO, NORM BREYFOGLE and others
    cover by KELLEY JONES
    The event that changed Batman’s world forever kicks off with this new volume, including never-before-collected material, in stories from BATMAN: VENGEANCE OF BANE #1, BATMAN #484-491 and DETECTIVE COMICS #654-658. Bane, the man destined to one day destroy Batman, has his sights set on taking over Gotham City, just as the Dark Knight is starting to feel he has lost his edge as he is forced to deal with the return of Black Mask, a crazed killer called Metalhead and an assassin hired to take out Commissioner Gordon.
    ON SALE 09.05.18
    $19.99 US | 376 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8422-0

BATMAN: KNIGHTFALL VOL. 1: THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION TP
    written by CHUCK DIXON and DOUG MOENCH
    art by GRAHAM NOLAN, JIM APARO, NORM BREYFOGLE and others
    cover by KELLEY JONES
    DC recuts the entire “Knightfall” saga! This title contains never-
before-collected tales from Batman #492-497, Detective Comics #659-663 and Batman: Villains Secret Files #1 as Batman apprehends the escaped Joker, the Riddler, Poison Ivy, Killer Croc and more. And in the aftermath of his efforts, the Dark Knight comes face-to-face with Bane, who delivers a crippling blow that will change the Caped Crusader forever!
    ON SALE 09.12.18
    $19.99 US | 280 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8429-9

BATMAN: KNIGHTFALL VOL. 2: THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION TP
    written by CHUCK DIXON, DOUG MOENCH and ALAN GRANT
    art by GRAHAM NOLAN, JIM APARO, BRET BLEVINS, KLAUS JANSON and others
    cover by KELLEY JONES
    DC recuts the entire “Knightfall” saga! This title contains never-before-collected tales from Detective Comics #664-666, Showcase ‘93 #7-8, Batman #498-500 and Batman: Shadow of The Bat #16-18. As Bruce Wayne lies broken at the hands of Bane, a new hero must step in and claim the mantle of the Bat…
    ON SALE 09.19.18
    $19.99 US | 312 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8439-8

BATMAN: KNIGHTQUEST: THE CRUSADE VOL. 1 TP
    written by CHUCK DIXON, ALAN GRANT, DOUG MOENCH and JO DUFFY
    art by GRAHAM NOLAN, BARRY KITSON, VINCE GIARRANO, MIKE MANLEY, JIM BALENT and others
    cover by KELLEY JONES
    DC recuts the entire “Knightfall” saga! This title contains never-before-collected tales from Detective Comics #667-670, ROBIN #1-2, Batman: Shadow of The Bat #19-20, Batman #501-504 and Catwoman #6-7. The new Batman’s deadly crusade against the criminals of Gotham City begins! Azrael has assumed the role of the Caped Crusader, but without Bruce Wayne’s steadying influence, the new Dark Knight is swiftly getting out of hand, alienating both Robin and Commissioner Gordon and hurting innocent people.
    ON SALE 09.26.18
    $19.99 US | 360 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8450-3

BANE: CONQUEST TP
    written by CHUCK DIXON
    art and cover by GRAHAM NOLAN
    Bane is seeking to create a global criminal empire with the help of his original gang: Bird, Trogg and Zombie. The man who broke the Bat moves beyond Gotham City to find new territory to conquer and new enemies to crush—and he won’t stop until he stands at the top of the world of crime! Collects BANE: CONQUEST #1-12.
    ON SALE 09.19.18
    $29.99 US | 272 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8442-8

BATMAN: THE COURT OF OWLS SAGA: THE ESSENTIAL EDITION TP
    written by SCOTT SNYDER and JAMES TYNION IV
    art by GREG CAPULLO, JONATHAN GLAPION and RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
    cover by GREG CAPULLO
    The DC Essential Edition series of graphic novels highlights the best standalone stories the medium has to offer, featuring comics’ greatest characters. Hidden for years, the mysterious Court of Owls surfaces in Gotham City—what must Batman do to defeat them, and what deadly connection do they have to his past? Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo’s masterpiece epic is collected in its entirety in trade paperback for the first time ever! Collects issues #1-11 of BATMAN as well as bonus material including sketches, scripts, design concepts and variant covers.
    ON SALE 09.05.18
    $24.99 US | 360 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8433-6

DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE TP
    written by FRANK MILLER and BRIAN AZZARELLO
    art by ANDY KUBERT, FRANK MILLER, KLAUS JANSON, JOHN ROMITA JR. and EDUARDO RISSO
    cover by ANDY KUBERT
    One of the most highly anticipated sequels of all time is here in DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE! In a world gone awry, left in the aftermath of the toppling of Lex Luthor and the apparent death of Batman himself, who will save Gotham City and the rest of the planet from the mysterious Master Race? This trade paperback includes the entire nine-issue series with each issue’s minicomic presented at the same size.
    ON SALE 09.05.18
    $24.99 US | 392 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8431-2

TITANS BOOK ONE: TOGETHER FOREVER TP
    written by JUDD WINICK
    art by IAN CHURCHILL, JOE BENITEZ, JULIAN LOPEZ, HOWARD PORTER and others
    cover by ETHAN VAN SCIVER
    In these tales from 2008, the Titans are being stalked and attacked! Can Nightwing, Beast Boy, Raven, Cyborg, Starfire, Red Arrow and Donna Troy survive long enough to stand against their old enemy—and more importantly, can they rally together to defeat him? Then, their former teammate Jericho returns to exact his own twisted form of vengeance. Collects TITANS #1-11 and TITANS EAST SPECIAL #1.
    ON SALE 09.26.18
    $24.99 US | 320 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8428-2

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I'm not usually one to advocate trudging thru for the sake of finishing, but in this case i feel like the progression, and ending in particular, are worth it
    Agreed. Morrison's Doom Patrol had one of the greatest all-hell-breaks-loose-endings in comics. And the epilogue issue . . . wow!

Oh look. Yet another edition of Court of Owls. I almost missed it last month. This is basically like your moms favorite dish of food she makes for dinner for you everytime. Its not horrible, but make something else! I am stunned these different versions are selling so well to invite the business team to green light another edition.

/end rant.

Also, that Impulse Omni....yum.

I am just interested in the impulse Omnibus.